New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  7:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to school today, after a pretty boring winter break. I said to myself, "Damn! School is better than sitting here at home with nothing to do!" Boy was I wrong! High School=PRIVATE HELL! I sit in front in all my class, there is an abundant of hot girls, and the second I lay my head down, a teacher walkes by and taps me on the shoulder, all this in the first day! Well, there IS a little light. . .two of my teachers, DAMN THERE HOT!
"Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad. . .i'm hot for teacher!"

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  7:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I work in a HS, and you havent seen a private hell until you work in the *bowels* of a public school. Image 64 years of graduate and discharge records, dating from 1938, all needing to be rearanged by year. Imagine being the person who has to make the 600 copies of all the different final exams for all the different teachers in all the different classes and subjects. Imagine calling up parents and telling them that their children havent been coming to school for a month and a half, only to find out they A> Dont speak english (que? juan no en escuela?? no me diga!!!) B> They graduated, C> They moved to Chille, or D> The parents dont care.

Im the person who finds your records years after you graduate, just so you can attend college. Im the person who changes your address just so you can get a free bus fair to school. Im the person that moves 25 gigantic boxes full of tampons and deoderant just so that you can have "17 Magazine Prom Packs" at your prom. Im the person who made the copy of the homeork the teacher handed out to you before vaccation. Im the person stares blankly at the classroom durring final exams to make sure you dont cheat. You dont know me, but you see me everywhere. Im a school Aide, and i own your high school ass.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2002 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
by the way, although im really a school aide, i was joking bout that last part, just in case you took it seriously

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  09:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand how an abundancy of hot girls is at all a bad thing? Unless their all dick teases.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  8:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've got some unfortunate news for you... it only gets worse, and harder.

Perhaps all the hotties have boyfriends? I know thats the case here at UCI. I'm surrounded by all of the little Asian Hotties but they all seem to go for the guys with stupid looking souped up cars with huge rear spoilers... I don't get it.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  10:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Fast And the Furious, huh?

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  09:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I've noticed in my 20 years on this planet that women for the most part are shallow and stupid. Its like all the super hot ones date stupid dassholes who are attractive or play sports or have big cars or something. Its like being beutiful poisons the mind (in men and women), which makes me glad i'm fat and ugly hehe.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

babatunji
Is Anybody Here?

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  10:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"Yeah I've noticed in my 20 years on this planet that women for the most part are shallow and stupid."

Isaac, i feel this really isn't a fair assessment of women, for the most part. remember we are talking about HIGH SCHOOL 'women'. at that period in our lives, we are still developing our personalities, ideals, etc.. trust me, shallow and stupid are more the exception than the rule. we grow up. at least most of us do.
there will always be the vain and superficial people...men and women, so keep searching...maybe beyond the schoolyard gate.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  2:52:28 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You guys make me think of that saying, something like you don't see the forest for the trees...... You all seem like pretty intelligent guys, don't you want more in a girl than just a trophy??
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  3:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah I've noticed in my 20 years on this planet that women for the most part are shallow and stupid. Its like all the super hot ones date stupid dassholes who are attractive or play sports or have big cars or something. Its like being beutiful poisons the mind (in men and women), which makes me glad i'm fat and ugly hehe.
Isaac

You have some serious social issues, man. High school is what you make of it. It is not a big deal. After you graduate you will realize that it is only a small section of your life.

Like Babatunji said, if you only try to talk to the girls who like jocks and what not than you should not be bitching. If you are not a jock than you should not be surprised that they are not interested in you. That is only a small subsection of women.

If you have only interacted with women who you think are shallow and stupid, you are not talking to many females. I find most girls are more open-minded and slightly more intelligent than most men. I think all of you guys are looking in the wrong place. I have friends who date strippers and then complain cause they can't hold a decent conversation or are too flighty. It boggles my mind.

I mean no offense by this, I am just stating my opinion.

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  3:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
babatunji, I'm sorry i didn't meant to offend anyone... well actually yeah I did but thats just me trying to get attention. Anyway yeah when I'm talking about women I'm definatly exagerating and making generalizations about the only "women" I'm around all the time, which other then my mom and sisters, is all teenagers.

Its probably true that most will grow out of it, but its still frustrating for me to see my fat ugly rejected pale sci-fi loving people get passed over by countless women. Especially when I know for a fact that any one of us would cherish the same woman (or any woman) that that attractive/rich/sport playin' asshole would totally take for granted and/or use.

I try to bring order to the world by making on hot chicks and by flirting with the less attractive, even if i only succeed in shattering one stuck up princesses' ego or making one fat ugly chick feel better about herself I'll die happy.

Liz - I've actually been dating, for over a year and a half, a nerdy smart chick that I got drunk and flirted with at a party (isn't that romantic). I personally think she's beautiful, but I have the darndest time convincing her of that seeing as she's never really gotten attention from boys. Anyway, I'm basically saying I'm not dating her for her looks hehe.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  3:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Its probably true that most will grow out of it, but its still frustrating for me to see my fat ugly rejected pale sci-fi loving people get passed over by countless women.

Unfortunately, this is an instinctual thing. We as humans are naturally drawn to healthy bodies, complexions and physical ability. We are similar to the rest of the animals in this aspect. Why do you think the male peacock has such pretty feathers? So they can attract a female to mate with.

You are being hypocritical, you are trying to attract really hot women and you are not offering the same physical hotness. Is that fair to them? You want the nice body...but so do they.

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  3:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is not always the case Xar... many women are attracted more to a healthy paycheck than to a healthy body. The more money a man has the more the looks department seems to be negotiable. I just got back from Aspen and saw tons of absolutely gorgeous young women with old out of shape guys. These are the kind of women that can pretty much have any guy they want, but they still run to the fat old dudes with the $$$. Reason number 2138 to be rich.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  4:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
beauty is relative to what we are brought up to think beauty really is. Remember, in the middle ages, beauty was being fat, and being fat meant being well fed and wealthy. People are atracted to what we were brought up to be atracted to, and it unfortunatly hinders human nature to say we cant be atracted to certain things.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  4:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Unfortunately, this is an instinctual thing. We as humans are naturally drawn to healthy bodies, complexions and physical ability."

Yes and no. On a primal level I beleive what you say is true, but there are definatly other factors involved in humans since we have these big fucking brains and oposable(sp) thumbs and shit. And because my only attraction to pretty girls is on a primal level I think its saves me from beign a hypocrate.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  5:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
"Unfortunately, this is an instinctual thing. We as humans are naturally drawn to healthy bodies, complexions and physical ability."

This really is true... being a psychology major I get to look over lots of interesting studies that have been conducted. There was one that was particularly funny on this exact subject where researchers put 2 pictures in front of babies, one of an ugly person, and another of some gorgeous model... yadda yadda yadda... and they proved with statistical significance that babies prefer the faces of attractive people to those of ugly people.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  7:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fast and Furious, great movie. Now, I have to retreat to my studies, sigh*

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  9:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm starting to be very glad I went to a school (college, that is -- not high school) full of geeks where boy geeks could meet girl geeks and fall in love w/o all those awful jocks to get in the way...

I agree with Xar that High School is what you make of it. I managed to have a good time in hich school, but I had a much better time in college.

teri :)

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  03:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I had a ton of fun in high school because I went to an all-guy school. The atmosphere is so much laid back. There's no real tension because we're all guys. We didn't have jocks because the majority of the school played at least one sport. However, it does make it a bit more difficult to meet girls. Also, having girls in my classes at college is a drastic change and sometimes it's hard to concentrate.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  09:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never said i didn't have fun in High School. I guess the first semmester wasn't that great, I was super shy and really self concious about being fat (like if anyone called me fat, I'd get super red and start swearing at them like crazy). But at some point I just because liberated, I learned to laugh at myself and losen up about such things. After I did that I lost a ton of weight (ironically) and I loved the rest of high school.

I think there are certain events in life (high school being one of them... well for some people) where its just such a dramatic change from what you've known that you wind up shedding your old personality and habbits in order to evolve. Sort of like the pheonix rising from the ashes. Thats definatly what happened to me anyway.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  5:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a good point Issac. I was pretty shy myself in middle school, not talking to anyone and reading books all the time. Thankfully, my new niehbor helped me out, I met some great people, and extremely hot chicks. I've experienced things that me earlier, with my face into a Star Wars book, would've missed out on. Thanks to you guys, I have a new look on highschool. I relized i'm going to miss it when I leave.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  9:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've only been in college for one semester and I already miss my high school, primarily because of all the friends I made.

Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  10:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
above all else..to thine own self be true...however dont always wait for love to come to you...search not for beauty on the outside...whats inside is the most beautiful and what we tend to hide..find someone who makes u whole..only then will u be truly connected to your soul...

aka-...what others think doesnt matter...you are unique and u know it....but dont sit back and relax..its ur job to make things happen to...beauty should definetly be at the bottom of your list for things to search for in another person...try to find someone who u would just love to talk with all day and then be anxious as hell to talk with them the next and the next...ull be much happier in the end

agreeing with xar..its what u make of it
and finally.. all this talk of "hot chicks" is nauseating

james

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  12:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think someone is trying to get on the female posters' good side. Your feelings are good at heart but altruistic. Come on! Be realistic! I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that you look at attractive women too. Why? Because they're attractive. Duh! Don't get me wrong, I look for a well-rounded girl (you know a renaissance man but only a woman), but looks is a part of it.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  01:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Uh-oh... I'm going to have to "respectfully disagree" on that Statement that Fast and the Furious was a good movie. I personally only watched it so that I could tell my customers who rent it how bad I honostly think it is. It had zero acting and no storyline either. Not to mention I dont like the glorification of these road gangs (since they are a problem around here in So Cal). Just my ol' opinion.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  01:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No kidding! I hate that movie with a passion. It's almost as bad as Charlie's Angels.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  05:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can honestly say that it pained we V8 guys to watch that movie... there was enough rice in there to fill the grand canyon.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  09:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I thought they tried to squeeze too much story into that movie, no one gives a shit about the undercover cop kid or anything, they should know their target audience just wants attitude and fast cars screaming down the asphalt. The ending kinda left me with a big "What the fuck?!". Sort of like the guy directing it just decided he was done one day and left it.

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  9:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
..pcdmb...i agree that i look..it is male nature to look...and yes looks are apart of it..i just reffered to them as what should be on the bottom of the list of things to look for...thats me anyway...and as for...getting on the female posters good side...i can assure u i am not...they would be much to smart for that...and beautiful...no no..i certainly am not trying to get on their good side..(looks around suspiciously)
james

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  10:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that the variety of attitudes on this topic shows that no one is really right here, it's all just a matter of opinion...what you want in a relationship, well that's going to be different than the guy next to you right?

But here's my personal opinion on it...looks is what brings people together in the first place...survival of the fittest and all that, people subconsciously on some basic level want to be around people that they view as healthy. After that personality comes into play...I totally agree with James M. when he said that you should find someone that you can't wait to spend time with and talk to...but how will you get to know this person in the first place if you aren't attracted to them in the least? And I loved Isaac's analogy of high school..to me it seems exactly like the pheonix rising from the ashes...our immature personalities that we have developed in middle school won't hack it in the big bad high school so we adjust....it's like Fight Club...to make you into a better man first we have to destroy you.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  03:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So then what does the Phoenix become when it gets to college?

teri :)

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hooked up with a really hot stripper tonight. I am sorry...she wasn’t even dead.... oh well.

-Xar666

I never hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So then what does the Phoenix become when it gets to college?

a dodo.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000