Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Site for hosting pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  02:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What is a good FREE site that not only allows you space for pics and shit but also actually allows you to post and/or link them (unlike geocities or lycos from whom you can't link)

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  05:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've always used tripod... but I haven't done anything recently so I don't know if it still works. Maybe I'll upload something and link it tomorrow just for the hell of it to see if they have stopped that sort of thing.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  10:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
www.freeservers.com is a good bet for that kind of thing. I've used my account there in the past to link to images and such without any problems.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  3:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and i use homestead, but it'll be in maintenance soon so i dont suggest it.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  8:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mr Pimp Daddy: I tried Tripod, and when you post from there you just get a banner that says "hosted by Tripod."

I'll have to check out that freeservers one though... thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  11:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bummer... always worked for years. I used to use them to host images for auctions I would put up on ebay. Sorry it didn't work.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  12:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, tripod has jumped on the bandwagon of anti image linking on the net. Gotta protect your assets I guess, "prevent bandwidth theft."

I think freeservers.com is one of the few left that simply don't care. Either that, or get a server .. they horribly cheap now. You can get your own web server for under $10 a month anymore.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  02:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how about yahoo photos? can you link to stuff in your photo album? i'll try...

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  02:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mission accomplished. Okay, now let's see if you can put a graphic in your photo album and use that link. I have a little runner guy on my marathon journal page. I just loaded him (medium) into my photo album. Here goes nothin'

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  02:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOO HOO!!! That works. Use your Yahoo! photo album, but make it a public album.

teri :)

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  03:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate to say it but I think it's only working for you since your computer recognize the picture and doesn view it as a link... I just see a box with a red x

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  03:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DAMN! So much for my new signature.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go with Black Lotus's suggestion. I use www.websolo.com.
For 9.95/month you get 500 megs.

-Xar666

I never hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know how much Mac & Cheese $10 a month could buy ?!?

teri :)

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  04:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't eat Mac&Cheese, only lean proteins and low-glycemic carb sources.

-Xar666

I never hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2002 :  3:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tericee, email me the picture and I'll host it for you. free.tibet@verizon.net

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000