Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Introducing... Corporate Kevin.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  3:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, starting Monday I start a new position with Virgin at our corporate HQ in Los Angeles. About two weeks ago a position opened up that sounded right up my alley, basically ordering DVDs for the nation, and I went for it, and got the Job! The only part I'm not looking forward to will be the daily commute into LA each day, but luckily Sirius sattelite radio with Howard Stern was invented. I'm definatley nervous, as it is a major change in my life, but also excited to give something new a chance, and hopefully this will lead to many open doors along the way.

god
Kevin

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  4:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN!!!! You most definitely deserve it and I know you will do an excellent job! My very best wishes go out to you. I know you are nervous, but that's natural. You will be fine. Please keep us updated on how the job goes for you. Great news!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  4:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
though i doubt im going to be able to go to LA, im going to be pretty close to that area in a few weeks. Its too bad, i wouldvel iked to stop by and say hey.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  5:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
way to sell out, asshole. just kidding. congrats.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  5:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

Erich, are you going to be north or south?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  5:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
santa ana area, visiting a lovely lady

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  5:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I live in Costa Mesa, which is the next city over from Santa Ana

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  6:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
YAY Kevin! I should connect to you on Linked In now that you're a corporate executive!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  7:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dude you freekin' OWN Virgin by now... You keep going up and up and up!!

GOOD JOB!!!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  10:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Kevin! Congratulations are in due order sir. Is this a regular 9-5 job? I'm sure you won't let it encroach on your concert going activities!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  11:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ben, it is indeed a good ol' M-F 9-5, although I might try to make it like a 7-4 or something to beat traffic.

One benefit is that it should actually help out my concert going, because I'll already be in LA, I often pass on LA shows because it is too much of a hastle to go to LA on a work day, but now that I'll already be there, I'll be able to go to more shows! Actually last night I went to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd at the HOB, so there you go!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  01:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet!

I don't want to inquire too much, but are you getting better benefits, medical, etc? Is Virgin a good company to work for in your estimation?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  10:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bet you won't ever have to buy another DVD, LOL. Yeah Perks!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  11:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Kevin! Welcome to Corporate America.

I hear you about the traffic thing. I usually try to get in by 7:45 and knock off around 4:15. That way I get to work before the major traffic starts, and I get home just as most people are waiting in bumper to bumper traffic. Either that or I wind up working from 7:45 to like 5:30...

By the way, we had some friends over to watch Borat on Friday night. They hated the movie, but they thought it was pretty cool when I pointed you out and told them the story.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  04:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Kevin! All the luck in the world. I hope it works out for you. I know you will do great at it, just hope you can handle all the bs that comes along with that side of it. I sure you can if you put your mind to it, I would just like to see you happy in your job as well as successful. Good luck my friend!

PS, did you see my other post to you in your other thread? Check it out when you have sec.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000