New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  1:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was sitting around, writing about Eskimos, or Inuit if you prefer, and Vikings living together on Greenland in the middle ages, when I poured myself a glass of Welch's 100% Grape Juice, made with real concord grapes. It's the way to go.

This isn't stealth marketing or anything, I literally just love grape juice. Mmmmm.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  3:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
vikings? middle ages? grape juice? yup. this post completes dan's "good post checklist." congrats.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  3:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Following my trip up to Santa Barbara (wine country for those of you who have, for some reason, chosen not to live in CA) to see Tim in January, I've been enjoying a glass of wine every now and then. I was never a fan, and never really wanted to try to become a fan, but I've got to admit, a little glass of red wine with Italian food is the way to go!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  4:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I prefer to have my grapes via wine too!

I love most wine, but my favorite is Pinot Grigio.

BTW, Ben, I like Welch's grape juice too. yummm Someday we will definitely have to meet in person and have a good old history conversation over wine.....haha, you thought I was going to say grape juice didn't ya? LOL

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wine is good too. My old roommate and I would hold symposiums regular in our library, which was nothing more than half a room which we threw some bookcases into.

I'm finishing up a paper which I will hopefully be presenting in April, on the aforementioned Vikings/Eskimos.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  10:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool! Good luck on your paper. All I keep hearing when I read your thread is "I look to my Eskimo friend...."LOL BTW, did I tell you I got four tickets to see DR at the Mann in Philly in May? Taking my son and two of his friends.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome Pam! I was hoping to go see him in Oakland with my friend, but I don't think it will happen. Plus the Dalai Lama is speaking that same weekend in San Francisco, so I think if I went to one it'd have to be to see His Holiness.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  2:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthen, which weekend is the Dalai speaking? I want to go,and maybe we could meet up and go togther. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  2:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
April 27th.

I don't think I'm going to be able to go though. Man, I'd really like to hear him speak.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  3:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
date grape.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  3:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow Ben, are you sure you can't see HHDL? A good friend of mine went to hear him speak last year and he said it had a huge impact on his life. He is my favorite person to get inspiration from. I have several of his books and read something from them every week.

Yes, if I had a choice between hearing DR and going to hear HHDL, HHDL would win hands down!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  3:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'd really like to, but it's a cost/time issue, unfortunately. Maybe something will work out, so fingers crossed.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  4:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well LMK, Friday can be a good day to be in the city. I totally get the TIMe money thing. Luckily I'm making more these days. Drink grape juice, be happy!Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  12:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Give me tea, or give me . . . something else!

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000