New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  11:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do they serve "freedom fries" in prison?

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  11:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha...you know the guy who came up with that ridiculous idea has come foward and said he believe the government carried out 9/11 and is ashamed for the "freedom fries" idea. I forget his name though.
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn french

I'm joking...geez.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  1:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it isn't really a new idea to rename something because we don't like a country. it used to be petersburg, but then in world war 1 we didn't like germans so we added an h so it wouldn't look so german. saying freedom fries is just the newest way to be stupid.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  2:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the whole naming thing is sort of silly too. Reminds me of the scene in Better of Dead where the mom is trying to serve "french" items to the exchange student...
quote:
"In honor of our special guest, I've created dinner mon dieu — including Frahnch fries ... Frahnch dressing ... and Frahnch bread. And to drink ..." (holding up a bottle of Perrier) "Pay-roo!"

While skiing in France, we made it a point to never order French Onion Soup or French Fries because we didn't want to look like dumb Americans. Mostly we ended up using the word "chips" instead of friends since there were so many Brits around.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  4:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mostly we ended up using the word "chips" instead of friends since there were so many Brits around.

I think you mean "instead of fries!" Having said that, doesn't it always piss you off when the computer says "I think you mean....." because you make a typo googling something? I always scream at my computer when it does that because OF COURSE THAT IS WHAT I MEANT.....and BTW, I know what you meant too Teri.

Back to the subject, I don't know why everyone hated the "French" for not agreeing with the US to go to war in Iraq. Isn't that what everyone is saying NOW? Jeeeze, where was everyone BEFORE the war yelling NO WAR? Humm, maybe with me and thousands of others?

And did everyone forget that without the French, there would be no USA? Good old Washington and freinds wouldn't have won the Revolutionary war without the help of the French.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  5:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for understanding, Pam!

teri
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  12:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

[quote]
And did everyone forget that without the French, there would be no USA? Good old Washington and freinds wouldn't have won the Revolutionary war without the help of the French.

That's a tough call to make. I won't argue that the French did not help, but it's hard to speak about what would have happened, if they didn't. It's fun to think about, and there are tons of authors writing historical fiction with the "what if" questions.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  3:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
also, that was the french then. everyone who helped build the country is dead. the french now are made up of entirely different people, who may or may not be as good.

just a heads up, i'm not one of these assholes who hates the french. just playing devil's advocate.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  11:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet there's plenty of freedom kissing in prison too.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  8:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bet there's plenty of freedom kissing in prison too.

LOL tres bien! C'est si bizarre!

quote:
also, that was the french then. everyone who helped build the country is dead. the french now are made up of entirely different people, who may or may not be as good.

Yep, different people today, but they said it was wrong to attack Iraq? I think they were right about that.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  12:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what about good old tater tots? Crunchy on the outside, flakey potato inside, what's not to love?

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  07:25:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Swiss have something like tater tots; they are called "Rosti."
:-9

teri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000