New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  09:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As some here know, I am back in school again, taking a Modern Middle East course at a University in New Jersey, going part-time, I still work a full time job and have family obligations.

Anyway, I have a book report due Nov 7th, I haven't done a book report in almost 30 years! I also have 50 more pages of the textbook to read and a Mid-term this Tues. I haven't even begun reading the second book, for a second book report due in Dec.

So, here I am, with time, no family bothering me and I am on line typing this instead of doing what I have to do..........

Can you say PROCRASTINATION!!!!!! Yep, some things never change!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Procrastination is like masturbation... in the end you're only screwing your yourself.

Good luck on your-- *haha* book report *haha*...

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That means you're a true student again. I think I procrastinate in every subject except for my music performance stuff. I don't know how you do it. Work full time and having a family seems like it would be overwhelming by themselves, but to add having classes. That's gotta be hard.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  1:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pam, you call that being a student??? Try again, but this time have a beer in your hand while you procrastinate.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd seriously have a mental breakdown with that pressure. I mean, I had many panic attacks just trying to get through the last few months of dreadful highschool.

So, you are obviously a lot better than me under stress. Just grab some Super Jolt, open that book, and read it.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

So, you are obviously a lot better than me under stress. Just grab some Super Jolt, open that book, and read it.

If you're feeling stressed I'd stay away from the super jolt.

Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  10:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i] If you're feeling stressed I'd stay away from the super jolt.

but it's more fun that way. . Jittering away and up for 2 nights straight, trying to focus on reading a book . . . I don't see anything wrong there.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  10:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

I don't know how you do it. Work full time and having a family seems like it would be overwhelming by themselves, but to add having classes. That's gotta be hard.

I hear ya! I'm done with school and building a practice, and I have a son who does independant studies. It's crazy cuz I live far from town so I have to plan my days around where he needs to be on any given day. I look at the laundry piling up and the floors (never look too closely at them when you visit me) and I think where the hell is that maid?! I really need one LOL. Peace,Robin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  11:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't have kids, but I still want a maid.
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  4:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And you should have one!Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  07:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I have come to the conclusion that I just spent wayyyyyy to much time on my take home mid term exam. Prof said he wanted about 2 1/2-3 pages, if I double space mine will be about 6 1/2! So today I am going over and taking out about half of what I wrote!

As for the book report, good news, I read the book, bad news, I haven't written word one yet and its due Nov 7th! LOL

Kevin,you are right, this should be done with beer in hand, but since I am not a fan of beer, I just might resort to a glass of Pinot Greigo, not now of course, but when I do decide to start writing this. I don't think thats happening today, but maybe.

Why is it when daylight savings ends and we are supposed to get an extra hour of sleep, instead of getting more sleep, I get less? Last night total, 4 hours! And I will tell myself the same lie I always tell myself when I get no sleep, "tonight I will go to bed early." HA!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000