New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  2:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Relationships with people you really care about ending. Yeah it sucks pretty bad. The worst part is really having absolutely no clue why. I'm seriously considering just having a relationship with the upright bass now. I mean mine is tall dark and it has nice F holes. Plus it's got a nice bottom end.

Seriously though this world literally drives me crazy. My personal life is kinda on a low. Bush just signed that damn bill which is IMO unconstitutional, because it gives the president the power to declare any citizen or otherwise an enemy combatant and take away habeus corpus. Then to top it off it's raining. Oh and not to mention I'm trying to get past the fact that now I'm just a friend and the feelings I have aren't returned and I get to see her at least 3 times a week. I'm glad to be her friend, but I have no idea how things are going to go. Other than me probably going even more crazy.

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  2:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a breath...this too shall pass. It really will. Life is definaltly a LOT more complex than I was led to beleive LOL!A certain amount of suffering can be a good thing, an opportunity of sorts.Sorry you're in a bummer space though,and I hope the sun shines for you soon. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  4:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If it makes you feel any better the bill only applies to non-citizens. So *you'll* be fine, but anybody with a green card is basically at the government's mercy.

Also, it still sucks even when you know why a relationship ended. Sometimes that makes it suck even worse.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  4:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw Zach, sorry to hear things aren't going so great. Don't feel too bad, I know someone who has been married 20 years and his wife just told him she wanted a divorce, she's in love with a drummer! He was so devastated he ended up having a heart attack. Guess he never saw it coming, which, no offense, but I kind of think its a guy thing. Guys seem so clueless when it comes to things like that, or maybe it is that we women just think our feelings are so obvious.

At any rate hang in there. Really sucks that you will run into her about three times a week! Bad enough things went sour, but having to see the person so much right now really sucks big time.

Ya know, I take back that comment I made about cluelessness being a man thing, because now that I think about it, the wife of the guy who killed the Amish girls here in PA had no clue her husband would do such a thing. The 9-11 call she made was heart wrenching, she thought he was going to commit suicide from the notes he left for her, she never dreamed he would try to hurt anyone else! Likewise, the wife of the BTK killer, had no clue. Imagine trying to trust someone or love someone after being married to someone like that!

I know right now you can't feel better, but like Robin said, things will get better and you will love and laugh again. Sending you tons of vibes to help you cope!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  6:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, for the words everybody. I guess it's just one of those times when everything in the world seems crazy, and now it's in my personal life too. We'll see how it goes I guess. For now I'm just trying to stay positive.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  9:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your situation right now Zach. That's the worse situation to be in, I fear I might be headed for a similar place. I'll send good vibes to you, hope you get better man.

Oh, might I suggest "Don't Give Up" by Peter Gabriel, that always helped me out when I was feeling down. Especially the lyrics about the river, keeps on flowing man, day by day.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  9:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Peter Gabriel's Washing of the Waters is what I listen to whenever my relationship seems to be going downhill, which unfortunately is the direction it is headed right now.

I have my personal favorites when I am in a "pity poor me" mood, my "depressing songs" like Simon and Garfunkle's "I AM A Rock" and George Harrisons "All Things Must Pass," and the already mentioned PG songs. PG wrote a lot of songs when he was going through divorce.

That is what I love about music, it can really see you through the bad times and help you celebrate the good times.

One thing I have learned is to allow myself time to feel down when bad things happen, I just don't let myself stay in that space for very long. As crazy as it sounds, you sometimes have to embrace the sadness and even wallow in a bit of self pity to be able to collect yourself again, gather your strength and forge ahead in a positive manner.

Just remember Zach, you've got friends here that care and are pulling for you!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  11:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again guys/girls. I think when I get my check next week I'm going to buy some peter gabriel stuff since even though I've listened to and liked some stuff I've never bought an album. So far I've just been listening to Ornette Coleman because for some reason it seems to fit now.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  06:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Boy are we a depressing crowd. Good luck Zach and Pam and Arthen!

I guess the one thing I have going for me is that when my relationship ended he at least went to another continent for a year.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  3:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not depressed, although I mentioned music I listen to when I am. My happiness doesn't depend on anyone else. I always thought of life like waves on the ocean, there are high times and low, but a lot of time that is just in the middle. I am actually happier now than I have been in years!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  5:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try to look at life that way Pam, but sometimes it gets really hard. Not to make you sound old, but maybe it's one of those skills you just refine over time. I certainly feel like I can handle things better than I could've four years ago, or even a year ago, but sometimes they still get to me in a hard way.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  9:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

If it makes you feel any better the bill only applies to non-citizens. So *you'll* be fine, but anybody with a green card is basically at the government's mercy.

Maybe I should have started a new thread to discuss this, but what the heck... I was going to respond to it earlier, but I wanted to do my research. I read a few reports who stated that your citizenship did not matter. US citizens could be detained as well. Then I went ahead and read the bill. I didn't find anything that said otherwise. That bill is one of the worst things to happen to this country ever. I can't believe the american public or congress is willing to grant the president the power to suspend Habeas Corpus at his will.

As for the real subject I saw her today and it went ok. It's not the end of the world and luckily it's a performance class so all I have to do is play and not think about it. I think it's just going to take some time. I still almost lost it once though, but I held myself in check.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  04:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The word citizen appears only twice in the whole document (http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/S-3930_passed.pdf), however the world alien appears ten times. The word citizen is used to describe what an alien is not, as well as who's allowed to be a lawyer for "the accused." Alien is generally used in the phrases "alien detained" or "alien unlawful enemy combatants." The law applies only to aliens.

(3) ALIEN.—The term ‘alien’ means a person who is not
a citizen of the United States.

PURPOSE.—This chapter establishes procedures governing the use of military commissions to try alien unlawful enemy combatants
engaged in hostilities against the United States for violations of the law of war and other offenses triable by military commission.

(3) The accused may be represented by civilian counsel if
retained by the accused, but only if such civilian counsel—
(A) is a United States citizen; ‘‘(B) is admitted to the practice of law in a State, district,
or possession of the United States or before a Federal court;
(C) has not been the subject of any sanction of disciplinary action by any court, bar, or other competent governmental authority for relevant misconduct;
(D) has been determined to be eligible for access to classified
information that is classified at the level Secret or higher; and
(E) has signed a written agreement to comply with all applicable regulations or instructions for counsel, including any rules of court for conduct during the proceedings.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  10:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear it, man. isn't strange how it all seems to fall apart at once? the good thing is that it all tends to fix itself at once, and that feels pretty good. you mentioned your upright bass. if that's what helps you make it, then good. we all have rocks we cling to. for instance, i like the sauce. and by the way, when you make mention of the bill not being constitutional, you don't need to add "imo" or 'in my opinion." that's not an opinion. that's just simple fact. look at the bill. look at the constitution. opinion has nothing to do with it. it is clearly a violation, imperically verifiable. anyway. hope things pick up for you soon.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  11:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When all else fails . . . watch Monty Python.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know what sucks about being a Baldwin?

NOTHING!

Sorry Zach, I had to. :)

Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  11:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya so I went to see a movie last night and she was there. Not exactly cool. Oh well I guess I better get used to it now cause that's the way it's going to be. I hope dan's right about it all being fixed at once. Oh and I tend to turn to the sauce too. I had a bit to much rum before the movie.

Terice, isn't that only if they decide to try you? Can't they still hold you indefinitely?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

Tericee, isn't that only if they decide to try you? Can't they still hold you indefinitely?

If they can, it has nothing to do with the Military Commissions Act of 2006. Jose Padilla, a citizen accused of collaborating with Al Qaeda, tried for more than two years to challenge his detention and didn't win. This was long before this law...

On Wikipedia, they quote the CATO Institute's research which determined "the Act denies habeas rights only to aliens, and that U.S. citizens detained as "unlawful combatants" would still have habeas rights and could challenge their indefinite detention."

And challenging indefinite detention could take years... But it would have been that way whether this law were enacted or not.

I think this law is a HUGE threat to legal immigrants but it doesn't change the situation of American citizens one bit. We have the same rights - or lack thereof - as we did before.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  5:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Zach, been down that lonely road as well. All you can do is keep working to improve yourself and your other relationships as best you can, you'll find that only good can come of it. It sounds like you got plenty of heart, and as hard it it may seem, it'll prolly be spent better spent on other endeavors...like tabbing out Impermanance for me. J/K, kind of.

Anyway, as long as you aren't getting up in the morning and having a screwdriver, booze is your friend and your enemy, you choose which. And, well, a bit 'o' the blaze never killed anyone either. ;)

Hang in there man. Oh, and listen to Tristeza by Astrud Gilberto...a ray of sunshine every time.

Cheers and beers, brotha!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  9:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Hang in there man. Oh, and listen to Tristeza by Astrud Gilberto...a ray of sunshine every time.

Man we played that song in the lab band last year. It was a medley with this tune Avenida Central by Romero Lubambo.

As for impermanence I remember working it out to play on piano. It was pretty cool, but there was something about the way the harmonics jump out on guitar that just wasn't the same.

Terice, I think I get it now. I might ask my Politcal Science professer a little more about this if I get a chance. Constitutionally speaking congress has the right to suspend habeus corpus, but it doesn't seem to me this situation qualifies.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  11:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...here we are...

...time to reacquaint myself with John Daniels...

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  11:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John is cool but I reccomend Jack.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  12:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

John is cool but I reccomend Jack.

When you've know him as long as I have, he's John...

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  4:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! Oh well I guess I've never had that closeness with him.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  7:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL! Oh well I guess I've never had that closeness with him.

Ha ha, not necessarily a bad thing...but really, that's a line from Scent of a Woman.

But, my "bad news" didn't turn out as bad as I thought it was going to be, so Mr. Daniels and me didn't have a reason to speak.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  9:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good to hear. I haven't seen scent of a woman in years, so the only thing I really remember is Hu-aH!

I went out and bought an 80GB iPod to feel better today. It'll keep me occupied for a few days.

Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  9:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybodyyy knows the alien.....Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  11:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Everybodyyy knows the alien.....Peace, Robin

HOLY SHIT! I was listening to that earlier today when I was walking to school. I love that song, it's lyrics are amazing, so descriptive and true. Whoooo. Shivers.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  11:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I went out and bought an 80GB iPod to feel better today. It'll keep me occupied for a few days.

Oooh, cool!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  5:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

HOLY SHIT! I was listening to that earlier today when I was walking to school. I love that song, it's lyrics are amazing, so descriptive and true. Whoooo. Shivers.

I totally knew you'd be the one to get it Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  10:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here's the deal. I had a talk with the ex today. Probably not my best idea in retrospect. Basically it went like this. I told her I had no idea how I can honestly be friends with her when that's not what I want. Then I said if I'm going to make an effort to have any kind of friendship with her she needed to tell me why she even wanted me as a friend and basically got no answer other than the let's be friends thing.

I don't know WTF my problem is. It's like I thought, hey I'm not hurting enough as it is I think I'll pile on more because that's exactly what I need. So ya, just for any of you who go through this, you should really try to not do what I just did today. Beyond that it's a good thing I can play well while I'm drunk because literally it's about the only thing that gets me through the lab band her and I are in.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000