New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  12:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess no place is safe. Thought you would be interested in this Matt since you played there as did TR. It really is one of the safer areas, just a crazy world we live in.

This just happened last night. (Getting shot in the groin has got to hurt! Ouch!)

PHILADELPHIA -- A man who was thrown out of the Grape Street Pub in Manayunk returned and opened fire near a bouncer early Sunday, police said.

The bouncer and a patron were hit in the leg and in the groin.

They were rushed to Temple University Hospital. A suspected gunman was in custody, police said.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There has never been a safe place in this universe. You will never be 100% safe. There are too many veriables that you can take one step out the door and die, or you could be on a burning ship surrounded by man eating lepricuns and leave with a pot of gold.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  5:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey PJK, not sure if you are aware, but the Manayunk Brewery is literally next door to Grape Street Pub. HMMMMMM, remind me to where a bulletproof vest on those nites. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  12:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
true, there's no such thing as safety. but there's also no reason to be afraid constantly. i know people, good, smart people who are terribly careful about everything because something might happen. i couldn't live like that.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  12:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't live in fear. I just know that it's going to happen when it happens. So I live my life as well as I can. If I am engulfed in a vortex when I am done with this post and leave the room, so be it, but I won't be scared. It will happen when it happens.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000