New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  10:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was working my usual late night at Sub-Way when a pretty girl from Smoothie King came over to order a sandwhich. Small talk began, and then I said :

Pedro : "So, I heard you boss is a huge fucking prick."
Pretty Girl : ( smiles )
Pedro : (pauses for a second) "Your his girlfriend arent you?"
Pretty Girl : "Yeah."
Pedro : "Oh shit."

As soon as I had asked that question I remembered seeing her in normal clothes helping him re-organize the store the day before. . . .my foot didnt taste so good.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  5:45:22 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man I eat at Subway almost every tuesday. Get two foot long of whatever the special is, and then I have lunch for the rest of the week. Works out splendidly.

Except Cheese Steak, I don't eat that one. Ick.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  5:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha. yes! that's hilarious.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  6:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the Dark Tower quote HTG. Did you finish the series yet? Can't say I enjoyed the ending, it was good, but I savored the journey more than anything else.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  7:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i gotta read that.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  03:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Love the Dark Tower quote HTG. Did you finish the series yet? Can't say I enjoyed the ending, it was good, but I savored the journey more than anything else.

Not yet. I only have about 80 or so pages on the third book, but I cant get enough of these stories. Stephen King is the man. I cant believe it took me so long to pick up the series.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  12:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}

Not yet. I only have about 80 or so pages on the third book...

Ha, I've already finished it. Bitch.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

Oozle
Chatterbox

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  1:30:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Oozle an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have felt that way about many of Stephen King's books. They are awesome with the character building and story but they kind of loose it at the end. Like he felt, this has gone on long enough, better just wrap it up and the ending is stupid. Love the man, but his endings could use a bit of oomph.

ren :)
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  3:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oozle

quote:

I have felt that way about many of Stephen King's books. They are awesome with the character building and story but they kind of loose it at the end. Like he felt, this has gone on long enough, better just wrap it up and the ending is stupid. Love the man, but his endings could use a bit of oomph.

I can agree with that statement, especially after I finished 'Black House.' 'The Talisman' was such an amazing story, and I had high hopes for the sequel. Good up untill the end, where the last 50 pages are all one big blur, and a sucky ending. Also, 'From a Buick 8' had a stupid finish. . .wait, the whole book sucked.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000