Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Have you ever...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  06:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have you ever yawned so hard you drooled a little?

That tells you you should go to sleep, but can't because you have school in an hour.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  10:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you ever reached for the SNOOZE button but hit the ALARM OFF button instead?

Effectively missing 40 minutes of your business law midterm...

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  11:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nice. i hate that. what's even worse is yawning and having that little streamline of spit come flying from your mouth. what the fuck is that, anyway?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  11:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ever yawned really big and some dude shoves his c.................... ............ ............. ................ .................. .................. umm................... happened to a friend of mine.... ..... not me.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  9:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my roomate told me his buddies once stuck a cigarrette up a girls nose while she was passed out drunk

she smoked the whole thing

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  11:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  12:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

Have you ever reached for the SNOOZE button but hit the ALARM OFF button instead?

Effectively missing 40 minutes of your business law midterm...

Why do they make the snooze button so much larger than the turn off button? Here are the features I want in an alarm clock...

1. The off button is actually a switch, preferably in the back
2. When you set the alarm for, say, 8:00 am, somewhere in the middle of the night is randomly sets the clock ahead anywhere from 1-20 minutes. That'll keep you on your toes.
3. Same with the interval for the snooze. Hit the button, sometimes it will go off again in a minute, sometimes 10.

And guitarted, that's the funniest thing I've heard all month.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  12:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember waking up and seeing 9:02 on the clock (started at 8:30).

You've never seen someone get up so fast, i don't even really remember parts of getting there. I had an unsharpened HB pencil, thats all. So i remember grabbing my swiss army knife and sharpening it quickly. Later i found huge shards of pencil wood lying all around my room. I must have cut off a 1/4 of the pencil trying to sharpen it properly with a knife.

I jumped on my bike and literally flew there.

Made it in, blasted through the doors, out of breath panting drooling almost crying.

I said some gibberish to the prof and she sat me down and tried to calm me down.

I saw her laughing at me with the TAs several times the rest of the midterm.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  12:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have four alarm clocks and I still find it hard to wake up every morning...

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  10:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I smashed about 6 clocks while in high school, I had stone walls, so it was pretty easy. My new clock has shotgun alarms on it. When they both go off simultaneously, you can't help but get up. That and if I'm late for work my boss takes a fat shit on me, literally.
NEXT!

BTW, it's called "gleeking" Dan P.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  1:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
gleeking, huh? sounds about right.

you literally flew? you mean you actually traveled through the air on your bike? i hate to be a skeptic, but i think i don't quite believe that. i think you meant "figuratively" and not its opposite, "literally"

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  4:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops i meant to say 'practically'

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Angelface01
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  7:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who has that weird spit thing happening when I yawn real hard. I thought something was wrong with me.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  8:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, there is something wrong with you. And with all those other people too!

I'm just glad fluids don't come flying out of my mouth when I yawn.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  8:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh, no, you're definately not alone. i would it's just not something that normally crops up in conversations. they ought to make a gleeking emoticon. i'd use it.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  10:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A few kids in my middle school could gleek on command, and they'd hit people in the back of their heads while in class. I always found it mildly amusing; gross, but amusing.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  2:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about talking to a member of the opposite sex and spitting while you talk?

guilty...

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  10:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

How about talking to a member of the opposite sex and spitting while you talk?

guilty...

Thats been happening to me a lot lately . . . .

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha, gleeking... I thought that was just a local name for it.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  06:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, I call it gleeking too.

:-O.... (the closest I could come up with to a gleeking emoticon)
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  10:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel so deprived, I never heard of gleeking before! Jeez you learn something new everyday!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  3:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

I feel so deprived, I never heard of gleeking before! Jeez you learn something new everyday!

Gosh! You've never heard of gleeking? (gleeting) All the cool kids are doing it nowadays.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  5:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it would be really cool if i could do it on command, instead of just at the worst possible moments only.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  5:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
one of my best girl-friends used to be able to do it on command and then vanity interrupted and she closed the gap in her teeth.

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  6:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

it would be really cool if i could do it on command, instead of just at the worst possible moments only.

I actually knew a girl who could. She was weird but had huge boobs so she was popular.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  6:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
of course she was popular. she could gleek on command!

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000