Show Reviews
 08/12/04 San Diego, CA Winstons quasi review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  1:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I say quasi review because my mind is still a bit BLOWN and is not functioning properly, so I blame TIM for any incoherence. Where to start... ahhh this show has a few SURPRISES! First off, TIM was singing A LOT! I mean like half the set... and he played a lot of songs I've never heard before. He even played two songs live that, to my knowledge, have NEVER been played before like they were. For those, Tim has converting the Puke Matrix song "Where Do You Go" to a bluesy acoustic song played on the 12-string. Secondly, he played "Intuition like a Child" off sanctuary, which is a first. The other surprise is that there is an ELECTRIC encore. Oh and I guess I should mention that it was taped by Bobby Lee Guillen, from Nancies who is also a moderator or something similar for the archive, so those should be up soon, and he might be taping the next few shows as well.

as for the format of the show... it looked nothing like the setlist. The actual setlist will be like twice what the setlist says. Tim played about 8 songs, and said goodnight... encore right? Well he played another 6-7 songs... then saluted the crowd, then came out again (shirt on head) and rocked the fucking house with Tribulation and PATHETIC which might just be my favorite electric song.

Here is what the setlist says:

- Space... the Final Frontier
- Do You Believe
- Indocrinate
- Fluorescence
- As Far as we can see
- Don't Know What
- Buffalo Soldier
- Jump Nyabingi
- Babylon
- Loud, Loud, Loud
- The Four Horsemen
- Stream
--Break--
- and then they were free
- Stranger in a strange Land
- DOOM
- All You Need is Love
- Tribulation
- Pathetic
--encore--
- Shake Appeal

but there was much more played... like I said, Intuition like a child, repeat the question, Tim's take on the pledge of allegiance, and more that I can't remember right now, but we'll see when the show comes out. Like I said before, my mind was BLOWN and I can't wait to see it all again tonight in HOLLYWEIRD!

god
Kevin

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  2:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
P.S. fotgot to mention that a MOSH PIT broke out during PATHETIC... the crowd was rocking out!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

blguillen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  2:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit blguillen's Homepage  Send blguillen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
rock on!

the show was bad ass!

one more time tonight!

Bobby Lee Guillen
blguillen@gmail.com / blguillen@msn.com
aim - blguillen

www.nancies.org | best stop for dmb!
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php | Live Music Archive Admin
www.sharingthegroove.org
Shoeps MK4's > nbox > dat/laptop
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  3:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review. Damn this show looks great. I can't wait to hear it.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  7:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin you lucky bastard. Intiution Like a Child is one of my favorite short acoustic songs. I so look forward to seeing him in 8 days!!!!!!!! We've waited along time, but the pay off is so goddamn good.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

mattc
Try A Little Harder

67 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  7:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice review kevin! it was indeed an amazing show. tim played amazing, as usual, and blew minds in that little bar for sure. it was great meeting kevin and jared, see you saturday. as kevin said bobby taped the show, and i had a great time helping him "box out" the crowd to keep them from knocking his mics/spilling beer on his stuff. aside from the end when tim played electric in the encore, which was way too loud, i dont know what the sound guy was thinking, the tape should turn out great. it was way too much noise at the end, and the mics will probly distort. either way it was great of bobby to deal with the situation and tape anyways.

btw, for those interested in tim's setup: He got a new VOX ToneLab SE Processor which he used for his electric stuff. it allowed him to bring his electric guitar, without lugging his marshall stack around. The sound was amazing(i think the fact that it has a built in tube helps), and tim said he really like how easy it was to use.

Overall great show, looking forward to saturday, and hearing another review by kevin of tonight. peace!

-matt
critchlm@uci.edu
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  9:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, I'm getting all the more excited for the 21st!!!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  03:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
After the show in San Juan Capistrano, Tim said that it was SO HOT in the San Diego club that he reverted to animalistic instincts, which explains why the show was soooo CRAZY!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  12:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
heh. a tim reynolds mosh pit.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000