Show Reviews
 08/13/04 West Hollywood LA, CA The Key Club
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  03:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, so this show was MUCH different than the previous night in San Diego. The Key Club is a pretty nice/trendy place. I have a picture of the outside where Tim's picture was on a huge digital screen on Sunset Blvd. The crown was very small... only about 150 people I'd say, but the people who were there were obviously Tim fans because they were quiet, respectful and seemed to know the songs. As a result of the crowd being calm... Tim was more calm than the previous night too, playing a bit more mellow, but more focused. He came out with a 666 Banana (Which Fluffy gave to me after the show) and played an acoustic set, and ended with repeat the question, except each time he would make his guitar beep, he would act as though he was dodging a flying object, and it kept looping so he kept dodging the invisible flying objects until it looked like he was convulsing on stage, then threw his guitar down and stumbled off stage still dodging invisible objects. When he back out for the encore he picked up the ELECTRIC and the crowd went nuts. He played a new version of Radar Contact. The set list said Radar Remix... the beat was like a fast dance beat, and the song was played much faster than usual. He closed with Pathetic, which needed to be much louder, but he soloed with his teeth and left stage. The set went something like this:

Space Resonant Field
Jemez
Hopeful Heresy
Do You Believe
Indoctrinate
Try a Little Harder
No Other Words
Don't Know What
Big Blast (w/lyrics)
Wayfarer (maybe best version EVER)
Babylon
Explode
High in the West
Doom
Do It Yourself
All You Need is Love
--
Hornet's Nest
Resistify (Radar Remix)
Pathetic

Once again, the show was recorded, and with the respectful crowd, it should turn out to be a quality recording of an AMAZING show. I also got some great pics from the first row, but nowhere to host them yet.

god
Kevin

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  03:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great review again Kevin! I'm gonna have to be on my toes to try to keep up with the review expectations you are setting.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  12:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang that sounds like a cool show. I wish I could have seen him dodging the invisible objects.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  1:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, awesome review! Thanks for the pictures! You've got mail!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

blguillen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  3:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit blguillen's Homepage  Send blguillen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko
Once again, the show was recorded, and with the respectful crowd, it should turn out to be a quality recording of an AMAZING show. I also got some great pics from the first row, but nowhere to host them yet.

yes, i could have maybe used different mics, but the show, imo came out the best of the 4 i did.

the worse being the SD show

Bobby Lee Guillen
blguillen@gmail.com / blguillen@msn.com
aim - blguillen

www.nancies.org | best stop for dmb!
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php | Live Music Archive Admin
www.sharingthegroove.org
Shoeps MK4's > nbox > dat/laptop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly