Pedal Cases
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  11:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed the other day that I have a lot of pedals and no really effective way of moving them around. I've seen various kinds of pedal boards/cases and I was just wondering if anyone had any words of wisedom, like if their worth the money or if any certain kind is better than another. I know somebody who made his, and I was wondering if anyone else has done anything like that... I dunno, but I'd welcome any general input for my vague question.

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  12:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I myself have two pedal boards. and love having them both. They save on set up time, keep your pedals in order (if you get some good velcrow to put on the bottom of the pedals) and are good to supply power to pedals.

I bought one off of a friend along time ago,
SKB-PS-25 Pedalboard
$179.95 (bought it for like 50 bucks, and i also got a dd-5 off of him)

I believe this is the board that tim uses as well, but he doesnt use the power supply on it for some reason. This board comes with a Nylonish type case, with a strap so you can toss it over your shoulder.

This is the other one i have
SKB-PS-35
Cant remember the price will update when i find it

I like this one alot, it has a strong hard case that latches on easily. it is a bit heavy, but i like it. again has a power supply built in.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  02:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rondo Music, makers of all things cheap yet good quality, have dirt cheep pedal boards. (http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com)

I've also found that a large shoebox or photocopier paper box (the ones that hold 5 or 6 packs of 8 1/2 x 11 paper) is great for moving pedals. They stack up nicely in there, and are easier to cary then an armload of pedals. They are also better than bags because they don't tend to smash against each other and scratch the paint or bump the knob settings as much.
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  09:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eBay is a great place to find guitar gear. A lot of pedals on eBay are pedals that were only used in someone's home.

I've seen quite a few reasonable cases and pedal boards too.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  10:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those Rondos look good, particularly since I just want storage, not the power supply. Any comments on velcro, good, bad?
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  10:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 pedals and a Volume pedal right now. Right nwo they all sit on a carpet. All the time the pedals are moving around and i end up stretching my leg to push them. Eventually I stop playing, pick them up and return them to a comfortable position.

Velcro sounds likea great idea to me. I'm definetly investing in a little velcro if I get a pedal board.

Note : I sit down and play. Myabe if I stood up to play more i would be pushing my pedals DOWN and not DOWN/ACROSS therefore not needing the velcro. Although, I would be afraid to accidentally kcikt eh pedal otu fo place if I were standing

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  10:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The coolest pedal board I've ever seen belongs to Ozzy Osbourne's guitarist, Zakk Wylde. It's made of solid wood, and built around the pedals. No velcro or anything to hold them in.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  11:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Velcro brand velcro is almost perfectly sized for boss pedals, fits easily on the back. And are stroooooong.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  11:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool... Thanks for the info guys, I think I've got almost all I need to know. I'm just wondering what the lip is like on the edge of those Kondo cases? I'm saying, when you have the pedals lined up in there all secure and all, is one side of the case lower so the pedals are more or less unimpeded? I don't want to be stepping down on the pedal and have to rest my foot on the lip of the case to press down... I'm not sure why, but I like the heal down on the floor and toe of the shoe presses down on the pedal. Probably because it reminds me of driving or some shit. Anyways, would that be a problem in those Rondo cases? That wouldn't appear to be a problem in the other examples.
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  5:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
John Scofield uses some cool pedalboards from what appears like a great company:

http://www.johnscofield.com/equip.html

http://www.pedalboards.com/

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000