06/23/04 Buffalo, NY The Tralf
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  09:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Alright, last night was insane. As my friend and I are going to the show, we take a series of wrong turns, even though I used to work about a city block from this venue. Long story short, about 10 minutes before showTIMe, we're walking toward the door. As luck would have it, we ran into Tim & Fluffy walking back to the venue from dinner.

We shot the shit for probably 15 minutes about everything from presidential candidates to Bonnaroo to the cover songs they played on the Tim and Friends tour. Very nice start to the evening. On to the show.

I didn't write down an exact setlist, but I'll mention some of the more notable moments. Show was entirely acoustic and from what I can remember, entirely 6 string...all on the same Martin. He started with two punk songs that apparently he'd written extremely recently. Both had vocals and were very brief. First one was "Too Many Flags"...although many people in the venue, myself included, originally thought he said something else, lol. I can't remember how the second one went, but they were both semi-humorous in their delivery.

I can't remember the third song, but he proceeded to play Jemez Rolling Waves and Rheginos (I believe back to back)...both very nice. Loose interpretations was somewhere midset (thank you lord, love that song). Kundalini Bonfire was in the first of two encores I believe.

He threw in some very very nice covers along the way. Buffalo Soldier (strangely appropriate) was phenomenal and the crowd was really into it. Two Beatles covers...Come Together (instrumental) and All You Need Is Love (with vocals). Both were fantastic. Crowd was singing along with All You Need Is Love...very touchy feely =). He also threw in After the Goldrush --> Ohio, which was insane. Twice I've seen that now and it never gets old.

As the first song of the first encore, he came out and played that classical piece that's been in debate for forever on this site and once again, he had no idea what it was called...although I think he said it was a Bach piece. He mentioned something about Yo Yo Ma as well.

The "afterparty" was insane. He came out to the stage and signed for probably 20-30 minutes, took all kinds of pictures...it was nice. A small group of us (probably 10) sat outside and waited for them to come outside. Once they came out, they signed more stuff and took more pictures. Someone had grabbed them a pizza so at least Tim was reasonably fed =). There were also some "medicinal plants" which were entertained by all. Nothing like hitting that up with Tim, lol.

After a solid 1/2 hour of conversation and revelry, the party was about to break up. I had been thinking all night that I have my guitar signed, I have my CDs signed, I have tickets signed...what can I have Tim sign this time? Well, somewhere in my deranged mind I came up with "Well, he's never signed my car!". So, long story short...Tim signed the underside of my car hood (with an additional "666" I might add). Fluffy seemed to think it was the oddest thing Tim had signed in recent memory, which I don't doubt. So now, everytime I change my oil...I'll think of Tim. LOL, that was weird.

Anyway, they departed after a great evening was had by all. Few of us hung out for maybe another 20 minutes or so and then departed. Witnessed an arrest, which is always a nice touch to an evening.

Ah well, wish he was doing a full tour, I'd definitely make the trip somewhere to see him again.

~James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  09:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sup james, in case you didn't see my reply to your other post about the tralf - this is Eric, we hung out after the show (i was in the hollister shirt)

anyway, what an amazing show, as you said! not only did i FINALLY get to see TIM REYNOLDS live, but i got to hang out with him for like half an hour..... DAMN. i'm glad their stuff didn't get stolen this time ::embarassed for buffalo:: and i'm very glad he came back in spite of that. that'd be sweet if he stuck around for thursday in the square.

well i dunno what else to say, except that Tim is the coolest guy ever, lol. he's so modest, you'd never know he was a guitar god. it's rare to see that kind of absolute mastery of the guitar - mindblowing...

Dave is the reason i play guitar, but Tim is the reason i want to get better. thanks tim.

btw james, where do you live in Amherst? i live off of sweet home rd.

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  09:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice review. I wish me and Jamie M could have stayed around longer but we had a long drive home ahead of us. Also, I took the wrong highway somewhere along the way. So you were the guy with the guitar there? Nice.

I would have liked to hear more about your review of each song.

I thought the set was awesome overall. Did anybody record it?

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  10:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

Did anybody record it?

i was wondering that myself. let's hope so!

i assume you were referring to james as the guy w/the guitar?

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  10:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't have my guitar with me. Tim was the guy with the guitar =) j/k. As Tim was kneeling on the stage signing things, I was to his left...the stage's right and I was talking with Fluffy (guy with the hat on stage...hard to miss). I'm not overly memorable, lol.

Anyway, Eric...I live at basically North Forest/Maple. Right by UB North, so you should be relatively close. We should get some people together for the trip up to Toronto and/or SPAC. I'm going with a Friend to Toronto and I'm flying my girlfriend up from Florida for the two SPAC shows and the Darien one.

What were all of your names? Obviously I know yours, but I can't remember the other ones. Nice turn up the one way street too with the cops right there, haha j/k.

~James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  10:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woo Toronto! Are you coming up for a concert or something?

p.s. was it just me n Jamie M or what The Tralf REALLY hard to find and no thanks to Mapquest

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  11:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

There were also some "medicinal plants" which were entertained by all. Nothing like hitting that up with Tim, lol.

Even Fluffy? I thought he was only a tobacco man...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  11:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome review James (bowing down to kiss your feet)

Couldn't make the trip but your review sure put a smile on my face, oh and BTW signing the inside of your car hood is a pretty funky think to do, I like that! I always admire people with imagination, someone who marches to his/her own beat. Very cool. geez and I would have liked some of those medicinal plants!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  12:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

There were also some "medicinal plants" which were entertained by all. Nothing like hitting that up with Tim, lol.

Even Fluffy? I thought he was only a tobacco man...

No, Fluffy was an exception and a tobacco only man =). In fact, he owes me a couple cigarettes! J/k =).

As far as the Toronto comment goes, yeah...a bunch of us are going up to see the 6/30 DMB show at Molson Amp. Kinda hoping that Tim would make the trip up there and/or to SPAC, but he said he was flying back to Santa Fe today.

PJK, you shoulda come! I was thinking about you actually. I don't know where I came up with the car hood idea, lol. Gotta keep life interesting I guess. I jokingly asked Tim if he'd sign my underwear (had to be there), to which he had a very...interesting reply, lol. That man continues to surprise me, both on and off stage.

~James

Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  12:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
james, yea we should definitely get together/meet up at the shows. our seats for Toronto are like in the 300's or something, i'm not sure (got them thru ticketmaster... i don't remember why). for saratoga night 1 is sec.10 row PP; night 2 is lawn ("warehouse preferred"); darien we're sec. 301, row 6.

and by "we" i mean me and my friend Joe, he had the white hat and light blue polo. the kid's email you have is Jeff, he was the other one w/blonde hair and the D+F shirt.

and yea i guess we live pretty close. i'm online all the time, and if i'm at work (like i am now) i use the sn DMBGuitarMan41.

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  1:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pray for a West Coast Tim Tour.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  1:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arthen where are you at? Pam says that he's doing a west coast tour, and im planning on catching at least two

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

maximus7350
Is Anybody Here?

5 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  5:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maximus7350 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey i was there after the show too! i took the picture of you with my cell phone and i sent it already i hope u got it (mave datthews). my sister was the one that bought the pizza. that was so awesome.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  7:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Send me the pic too! CPPJames@aol.com

Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  8:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maximus7350

Hey i was there after the show too! i took the picture of you with my cell phone and i sent it already i hope u got it (mave datthews). my sister was the one that bought the pizza. that was so awesome.

thanx so much dude i got it!

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

gpants12188
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  9:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Send gpants12188 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, i was at the tralf last night and i hung out behind it with tim and a couple of other ppl including pizza guy (my friend max) i had an awesome time the set list was great with come together and all you need is love. Everyone started to sing along i thought it was a pretty cool moment. tim signed a couple of things for me and other ppl including a guys car hood with "666". I had super fun seeing as tim didnt get his shit stolen again this time, and i hope he comes back to buffalo soon.

- Steve
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  01:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was my car hood, for the record =).

Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2004 :  12:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of getting my modem/router signed :P

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000