02/15/04 Modjeska Theater Milwaukee, WI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  8:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Saturday, February 14

10:30 am Rally with Congressman Dennis Kucinich and Concert with Tim Reynolds in Green Bay. Location: Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 2040 Airport Drive, Green Bay.

1:45 pm Rally and Concert at UW-Stevens Point campus (building tba)

7:00 pm Tim Reynolds headlines a Rally and Concert in Eau Claire area (location to be announced)

Sunday, February 15

5:30-7 pm MSNBC debate. Nationally televised! Kucitizens all over Wisconsin will tune in in their local areas to watch our candidate in action! In Milwaukee, people will gather at the Modjeska Theater (1134 West Mitchell Street) to watch the debate as it happens live!

7:00 pm A Post Debate Rally! Tim Reynolds will begin play at the Post-Debate Rally at the Modjeska Theater and Dennis will come over after meeting with the press and speak to the crowd!

Monday, February 16

12 noon Rally and Free Concert in Madison! Tim Reynolds will lead off the mid-day celebration of peace and democracy in the Great Hall of the UW Memorial Union on Langdon Street in Madison

7:00 pm La Crosse Rally begins! Location: UW-La Crosse campus, 1725 State Street, the Cartwright Center Student Union. Tim Reynolds will begin playing, with local speakers in favor of Dennis’s platform to follow, and then Presidential Candidate Kucinich will be on hand for a huge crowd of supporters

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  8:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet my brother is up that way. I'll be letting him know.

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  8:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy shit, it's like a present from God. Gonna have to get my paper done for Monday by Saturday so I can spend Sunday listing to TR. Again, holy shit.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  7:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I am so happy someone from the board will be there! JTR don't forget to give us a review! (No disrespect to the Kuncinich campaign intended.)

BTW JTR, I'm so happy for you!

I am still surprised Kucinich is still in the race but that tells me that he has drive. I for one am impressed!

I just saw Kucinich on Jay Leno in a version of the Dating Game. It was pretty funny. What a ggod sport to do that. He really seems like a down to earth kind of man. Too bad he hasn't done well in the Primary elections thus far.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  12:40:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've never been to any kind of political gathering of this kind, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to watch the show and avoid the hub-bub. Figure on getting there at 6:30 or so to get properly situated. Too bad most of the people there probably won't appreciate it, but I have a couple of friends coming along who I've introduced to TR's music, so there will be at least three people there for him. And I'll definitely give Kucinich a round of applause for this opportunity to see TR.
Go to Top of Page

kramer73
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  09:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Send kramer73 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kucinich's website is listing a different location/venue for the Stevens Point, WI event.

Wisconsin Key Event:
Stevens Point Rally and Concert
Event date Sat, Feb 14, 2004
Start time 1:00 p.m.
Place Spash High School
Phone
Address 1201 N. Point Dr.
City Stevens Point, WI
Go to Top of Page

jogger
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  1:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Eau Claire location is
Hosue of Rock
422 Water st
7:00pm
doors open about 6:30
Go to Top of Page

jogger
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  2:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jogger

The Eau Claire location is
Hosue of Rock
422 Water st
7:00pm
doors open about 6:30

that should be "House of Rock" not "Hosue"
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  3:22:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Above your post, you can click on the icon with a pencil to edit your posts.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  5:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!!

more TR!!!!!

yaaaaayyy!!!!!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  03:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pam, I caught that on Leno as well. Did you watch Connan after that? By far one of the best episodes ever, especially the Triumph the Insult Comic Dog segment.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  8:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah Kevin, I did. Did you hear what an uproar in Canada that caused?
Here's the link:
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20040214091109990001

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  10:49:18 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pam, when I clicked on that link it asked for a password... I'd like to read the story though.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  11:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Milwaukee show was awesome. Review, setlist, and pics soon.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  11:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here ya go Kevin!
OTTAWA (Feb. 14) - Canada's government on Friday condemned a show by U.S. late-night television host Conan O'Brien that insulted people in French-speaking Quebec and seemed to suggest everyone in the province was homosexual.

Ottawa and the province of Ontario paid $760,000 to help O'Brien -- who appears on the NBC television network -- bring his show to Toronto for a week to boost the city's profile after a deadly SARS outbreak last year.

But the federal government said O'Brien had gone too far with the show broadcast on Thursday in which he went to Quebec, a province which has had separatist governments for much of the last 20 years and is a delicate political topic in Canada.

"We want to disassociate ourselves from the comments which were broadcast last night because we do not support them in any way," junior government minister Mauril Belanger told Parliament.

At one point in the show, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog -- a hand puppet that is a regular on the show -- said to a Quebecer: "You're French, you're obnoxious and you no speekay English." It told another: "I can smell your crotch from here".

O'Brien's team were also shown replacing street signs in the province with those that read "Quebecqueer Street" and "Rue des Pussies".

Alexa McDonough, a legislator for the left-leaning New Democrats, described the program as "racist filth" and "utterly vile" and demanded the government seek the return of the C$1 million subsidy.

"There may be those who would say, 'Isn't this interfering with freedom of expression?' It's not interfering to say we will not publicly fund this kind of vile, vicious hatemongering," McDonough told reporters.

Belanger did not commit to asking for the money back.

Peter Soumalias, a Toronto businessman who helped bring the show to the city, said the sketch was just a joke and called the furor a "tempest in a teapot."

"Quebec is the home of some great comics and comedians," he said. "They understand comedy."

"Quebec is the home of some great comics and comedians. They understand comedy."
-Peter Soumalias, a Toronto businessman

No one at NBC was available for comment.

The complaints over the puppet's comments come on the heels of a similar uproar following criticism of European French-Canadian hockey players on CBC television by the country's best-known sports commentator, Don Cherry.

The "Late Night" show, which taped in Toronto all this week and featured guests such as Jim Carrey and Mike Myers, was broadcast in Canada by CHUM television, which said it regretted any offense that may have been caused.

"We offer our apology and assurance that it is never our intention to air programming that offends any of our viewers," the station said in a statement.

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog has landed in trouble before, most famously when it had an altercation with rap singer Eminem at a music awards show in 2002.

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  02:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it was a pretty sweet show, my first time seeing TR live, so it was a special one without a doubt. Everything was 6-string acoustic, making some songs interesting because they aren't typically played in that "format," including an version of Indoctrinate that caught me off guard when he announced it (I know he's done it acoustically at least once, but I thought that was to kind of give the finger to a bad crowd at one show). But, it was a fitting song and the audience got into its message of corrupted government. I know he's been singing more acoustically, but I was suprised how much he sang. Not a lot of people there for TR, but there were a handful other than myself and my two friends. His playing was split into three parts, with Kucinich and friends speaking between.

Tim Reynolds
Modjeska Theater, Milwaukee
02-15-04

Opening Act:
The Bluegrass Three (odd-ball, but entertaining, Milwaukee folk)

TR's Set List:
- DD5 Jam
- Try A Little Harder -->
- ? (Instrumental cover, or maybe just a repetative improv)
- Indoctrinate
- All You Need Is Love
(Kucinich came in during the song, everyone sang together, then he spoke for a while, and then TR resumed)
- All You Need Is Love (reprise)
- Natural Mystic
- Kundalini Bonfire -->
- Detuning DD5 Jam
(Dennis thanked TR, answered questions, then TR played everyone out)
- And Then They Were Free
- DD5 Jam

Got to shake hands and get pictures with Tim and Dennis. As a note, I saw TR's setlist when I went on stage and he had written "Y.A.M.S." between All You Need Is Love and Natural Mystic, so I would assume he was going to play You Are My Sanity but skipped it. Too bad, but still, an awesome show all around. I have a few pictures as well as a brief 20 second video clip from Bonfire, their not great quality, but if there's any interest to see them I'll figure out how to post them.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  11:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was there harmonics during the song you think might be a cover? I mean, a looped harmonic part? If so, it might be Mercy Street! Hopefully!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  12:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, great review JTR! Many thanks!

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  3:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope, definitely not Mercy Street. I'm a pretty big PG fan, so I hope I would have caught it right away if played, but alas, it wasn't that song. I thought for a second I recognized the lead he was playing, but I couldn't place it before he finished with whatever he was doing. It was not one of the covers that I've heard recordings of to-date. Maybe I could have asked Tim for his setlist, but again, I was already shakin' in my booties just standing next to the guy.

Can't wait to see him again.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  3:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darn! I'm hoping to get a new Mercy Street. Maybe later this year.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000