New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neilzy
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  11:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, Ive been playing classical and acoustic for a long time, and I bought an electric about 6 months ago. Im at the point where I want to get some different sounds out of it, and so I have a question about effects: I am interested in 2 sounds. First off, Smashing Pumpkins on the Siamese Dream album. On CHerub rock, and Hummer and others, Iha's got this really warm fuzzy sound...what do I need to get that?

Also, on Our Lady Peace's "No holding me back" The sound is almost ringing lke a very controlled feedback almost the whole song...this sound also shows up in a Nickeback song..."Figure you out: but only every other verse and not as drastically as in the Our Lady Peace song...what can I do to get that sound?

Thanks in advance!
Neil

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  01:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
uhh, I'm just going to guess how to do this. The warm fuzzzy feeling, you can get a fuzzy box and do some stuff with it. You also might be able to do it with a distortion, screw around with the knobs.

The latter might be a well sustained guitar through a pickup booster
but im less sure on this than the former

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000