Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Effects Pedals and Acoustic Guitars
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SMurphy
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  07:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit SMurphy's Homepage  Send SMurphy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How does Tim get his acoustic to sound so clear even after going through all those pedals? I do a lot of looping as well and I'm seeming to loose a lot of sound quality when running my Taylor 310ce and 314ce into my guitar rig. Here is what I'm running:

Taylor -> TU-2 Tuner -> DD-6 Digital Delay -> RC-20 Loop Station -> Whirlwind IMP-2 DI Box

Is there anyway to make my guitar sound cleaner when coming out? When I run it through without effects it sounds great but as soon as I run it through this chain it sounds muddy. I am using PlanetWaves gold ended cables (patch and 10 ft for guitar to pedals).

How does TR do it??? Let me know if you have any solutions.

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  1:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Try fooling around with the knobs on the amp. I have a nice amp for an acoustic and can change the sound of it decently and fairly easy, and I'm not really sure what the knobs are for :P. (I'm not talking about the mid's, low and high :P).

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

willyc4744
Is Anybody Here?

26 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  5:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Send willyc4744 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Boss Noise Suppressor might help....I have one and it seems to clean up the sound alot
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  5:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He uses 2 Sans Amp Acoustic DI. You can see them both just above the Line 6 delay module. That is the reason Tim's guitars sound great plugged in.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000