Cooking Strings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2004 :  12:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Saw this on a website and thought it was kind of interesting.

COOKING STRINGS
I have one remedy for people who are tight on money and can't afford to buy strings many times we try to stretch our strings to the max or until they pop. One way to get the tone back on electric guitar strings is to boil them on water. I basically boil only the low strings the D,A,E the high strings I leave them on the guitar and loosen them because those I can clean with warm water and a little bit of soap. Since they are only one steel wire and are not wound.

Also before you boil the strings you can clean them with warm water and soap. Preferably dish soap since it cuts grime and grease. After that wipe them and put them back on your guitar and they actully sound like new. That is a home remedy that is for us the poor players that can't afford to buy strings all the time. Also is a good excuse to clean your fretboard and frets.

by Rick.

Adam

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2004 :  12:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can bearly cook ramen noodles without endangering everyone around me
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2004 :  5:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had heard this quite a few years ago and tried it once but it didn't work for me at all.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  08:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yea I have a job so I buy strings
lol
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  12:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i get string for free. at the risk of sounding competitive, i believe i'm winning this post.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  12:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of guitar strings... have I ever told you my favorite cord in the open G string?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  2:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha dan p....
shit you got me there...

I bet you get those dammed GHS strings if u get them for free!

hehe

we should get an endorsment...
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  2:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i made strings so ha! i win even if i'm lieing or not

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  03:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm more than happy to pay for strings as long as they are Elixirs!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  11:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
those elixers always get the crap all over my fret board.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  11:32:31 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like the D'addario EXPs
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  1:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
as do i. they're pretty choice.

for electric i like them ernie ball top heavy, bottom skinny. same with the womens.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000