Taping / Trading / Recording
 FLAC question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2004 :  5:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, So I download TR shows all the time in FLAC format, and I downloaded the FLAC tool for my winamp... and I am able to listen to the shows just fine. HOwever, I downloaded another show off the archive (not a TR show) and when I try to play the FLAC files in winamp I get an error message that says:

Unsupported PCM format please change format settings in inout plug-in configuration or change output device in waveout plugin configuration.

Can anyone please translate that for me?

Also, there was a file with that can with the download called shnf_rules.conf but nothing I have will recognize that file so that I can open it. I'd really like to hear this show, so any help would be much appreciated.

god
Kevin

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2004 :  5:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what that is, but I am at work right now, so when I get home later, I will let you know what you need to do.

I have had that error before too, its mainly an error in the flac file itself, but winamp needs to be configured correctly.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  2:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome, because I'm sure as hell stumped

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2004 :  5:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, I apologize for not posting a response earlier. I will have it for you I promise. I'm soory aboot it, eh!

Just color me retarded...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  1:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No problem, seems like we are never home at the same time... your AIM is always idle when I check.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  3:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey man, sorry I didn't post the solution yet. Been really busy with wedding planning stuff, moving, work, FTP, etc.

Go to the winamp options menu and go to the "output" section. There should be a short list of different output settings like wav-mappers and such. Choose the second to last one and double click on it. It will bring up a menu and wait a secong until all the fields populate with info, then click ok, close the window, and then the winamp options menu.

Before you do that though, try this, it will work better (hopefully):
1. Open up the flac software (its in the FTP)
2. Add the files to the list (or drag-and-drop them in)
3. Decode them to WAV
4. Then re-encode them (if you want) to either SHN or FLAC. You can do that in the flac software by doing the same thing only choosing "encode," rather than "decode." Or, you can open the MKW software and convert (encode) the WAV to SHN.

By decoding and re-encoding, you are getting rid of some of those unsupported format errors. The files sometimes have errors in them which gives these error messages.

The other scenario is a bad one. The flac files themselves were probably done incorrectly in the first place, and are either incomplete or erroneous. In that case, I can convert them if you get the files to me. I have ways of doing it that would take me forever to explain. Let me know if you need help, or how this stuff works out.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: