RIAA - 66 year old woman likes to download rap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/09/24/tech.lawsuit.ap/index.html

sigh

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  08:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's only going to get worse ...

Music is dead
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As Shakespeare once said, "The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers." (ref http://www.bartleby.com/66/98/50798.html)

How about we do away with the "suits" in the music industry also?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  2:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIAA needs to just stop, give up, they look worse and worse as time goes by.

then again, i'll be getting a job in a few years in the music industry, so i might be workin' for em...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  3:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

RIAA needs to just stop, give up, they look worse and worse as time goes by.

then again, i'll be getting a job in a few years in the music industry, so i might be workin' for em...

Let us know where the proceeds of all the lawsuits go ...

Music is dead
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  4:09:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Lotus:

Let us know where the proceeds of all the lawsuits go...

Like there's any doubt it goes to the suits.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  5:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i download music. come and get me riaa. i've been waiting. why haven't you come. either you are powerless against me or your whole concept of protecting the "intellectual property", of which you care nothing for, is unenforcable. which is it? tell me. are you cowards, or are you incapable?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  7:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't get how the RIAA can't grasp the concept that the more opportunities people have to listen to an artist, the more likely they are to become a fan. Allow the music to get out there before you try and sell a piece of plastic for $17.99. Tim must be a friggin' idiot because he released two albums online. For free. And if the RIAA was so concerned about the artists and them getting a fair share of money, why don't they point the finger at the record companies themselves? If the artist got more than 3% of an album's sales, maybe this whole argument would go away.

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  7:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i saw another article that i cant find, saying that record sales are down a little from last year, but singles are up something like 150% from last year.

so people are just getting smarter and realizing that there is usualy only one good song on todays pop albums.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  8:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The problem is record companies are so money hungry, they are all over the artists to come up with a new album almost every year. If they'd let the music develop a little maybe there wouldn't be so much crap out there. TOOL is the best example I can think of, where you only get an album every 3 or 4 years, but every single song on there is unbelievable. Even DMB has fallen into the trap, used to release an album every couple years, which were awesome, lately there's a new album out every year or so, which in my opinion have gotten progressively worse. Can't force good music to happen, but again that's not what the record execs care about.

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  8:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dick mountjoy is absolutely correct.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  9:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Along the lines of Tool who wait and let it get good, I'd have to say that Peter Gabriel has cosistently done that too.

It's like wine.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000