Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  07:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok...here we go..

I was with some friends I hadn't seen inawhile yesterday, and so we went to a place in harrisonburg called the artful dodger. As soon as i walk in i notice this guy "john gray" playing solo acoustic guitar, and a slew of pedals and effects below him. Before I even looked at this guy i was like "TIM REYNOLDS!!" This guy was like a Tim Reynolds incarnate, everu move, every technique, and he played half a dozen Tim tunes in his set.

This guy was good!!! very very very good! has anyone ever heard of him before? he had a few cds sitting beside him, so i dunno his popularity..

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  4:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, that's pretty crazy.. i tried a quick search on the ol' google but didn't find anything that appeared to be him.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  6:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey, that's me! the name's Jack Gray.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  6:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh yeah, thank you very, very much for you kind words. Come by next week, that bass player Brian Buracker will be there too.

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  6:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh yeah, one more thing, I don't play any tim tunes. In fact, I don't even know any tim songs. As you can tell, I did listen to him alot but over the past few years I've kinda fallen out of his stuff.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  7:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought i heard you say you did zimbabwe...is that a tim tune...i feel silly now...

but man...you rock!! I can't wait to see you again...sorry on the name screw up tho, i was close(it was late at nite when i saw you play).

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  02:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
zimbabwe is a bob marley song though I did get the idea of arranging it for solo guitar from tim. I like the original song's music and not the lyrics, which makes for a nice guitar song. Oddly enough, my real name is John; I go by Jack so you were close enough. Thanks alot and I hope to see you on tuesday.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000