New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  11:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I caught the video on MTV and WOW was that powerful! I was so moved by it! Glad to see he is getting back on the edge again. The half hour coverage of Dave can be seen on MTV and MTV 2 at various TIMes. They are listed on the DMB website. Really worth watching! (and I don't even like MTV)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  1:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah. I got goosebumps when I first saw it.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  2:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree!!!

it's very very good, one of my friends sent it to me via internet one day.

i like it! can't wait to hear more of dave's new stuff.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  10:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it sounds alot like stuff of Everyday. I wasn't too impressed, just some pop song. Also, the melody/lyrics in part of it are way to similar to the lyrics in a DMB song, I forget which one.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  12:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very skeptical about it. I haven't been impressed with what I've heard either. Granted, I'll still pick up a copy...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  02:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant wait to pick up my copy of 'Some Devil' on Tuesday. What i've heard so far is impressive.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  09:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HTG, if you're going to pick it up anyway, why not preorder it? You'll get a free D&T cd if you do preorder.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  09:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fleabass, honestly I don't know what my impression of gravedigger would have been had I not heard it in video form the first time. The video is just so powerful that I am sure the images shown will pop into my mind when I hear the song again.

He played another song though and I really liked it, just can't remember the name of it now. I am psyched to get my copy of Some Devil.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  7:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i liked the video, reminded me alot of Dont Drink the Water, so did the song.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  12:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I really like the studio version... I normally favor live, but I think it sounds great... And I am usually good at figuring this out, but i can't decifer what the song really means... anybody know?
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  01:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hmmmm, I just may have to check out that video, any versions online yet? Let's also not forget that TR's guitar will be all over the new cd, and that is what I'm excited to hear.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  02:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, good point Kevin. Tim and Trey. I'm definitely excited to hear the songs that feature Tim.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  06:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
HTG, if you're going to pick it up anyway, why not preorder it? You'll get a free D&T cd if you do preorder

True, I thought about that. But if you pick it up early when it comes out on Tuesday, you still get a special D&T CD, but it only hase 5 tracks, where as you pre-order it, you get two added to that. If your a member of Warehouse and pre-order, you get 9.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  11:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the Gravedigger video online, through Yahoo! Launch, I think....www.launch.yahoo.com

I think it's great, I am wondering if any music stores in my area are having midnight release parties of SD tonight.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  12:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Krystal, the video was indeed there, and it was pretty darn cool, you are right Pam it definately adds to the song. Here is a warning though to anyone who goes there to watch the video, be sure to close the movie player window immediately after Gravedigger finishes, or risk the threat of having a Linkin Park video come on afterwards I just wish somebody had warned me!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  03:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
True, I thought about that. But if you pick it up early when it comes out on Tuesday, you still get a special D&T CD, but it only hase 5 tracks, where as you pre-order it, you get two added to that. If your a member of Warehouse and pre-order, you get 9.

and having recieved my 7-track bonus disc, let me say that it is worth every penny of pre-ordering Some Devil just for the mastered quality D + T disc. Great versions on there!!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  12:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok...one of suite mates here at college got the new dave cd, with the bonus disk...i guess it's a newer type of cd or whatnot...but i can't burn it!!! I'm mad, i was going to buy it anyway, but i really wanted a copy of the T&D show. But it's not burnable!!

damn you industry!!

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  12:25:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it a DVD format?

If not I've heard that if you take a sharpie and go along the very edge of the CD with it, it will get rid of the copy protection. That's what I heard for a certain type of copy protection, this might be different.

Does it let you make the songs into mp3's at all?

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  07:29:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't fooled around with it yet, and i've heard of that thing with the marker...i'll mess around with the cds this evening and see if i can get em to work.

Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  10:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You don't even need to do that with a marker, because you risk damaging the disc. I shouldn't be telling you this, but extract the audio from the disc with MusicMatch Jukebox (or similar extraction/ripping tool). There's a 320kbps mp3 extraction tool which is very nice and user friendly. Do that, and then burn the mp3's. Although I don't condone it (eh hmm...sorry something in my throat), thats the best method. Trust me.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  11:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And suddenly, in the distance the RIAA, cried out in pain...

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  11:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks prs...i might do that...but i'll probably end up buying the dave cd for this time. if more cds start coming out in this kind of format, then i'll probably download that and start having to do that.

it's like i still buy cds, and lots of em, but i don't have enough money to get all the cds i want, so i end buying about 10 to every 100 cds i burn...

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  11:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

And suddenly, in the distance the RIAA, cried out in pain...

like millions of voices crying out at once...and suddenly silenced..

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  9:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one of my friends is watching the aol live broadcast of the central park concert right now...

her: "i don't know any of the songs"

me: "he put out a new album"

her: "oh...is that a good idea?"

me: "grrr...*wishes i could be watching it"

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  8:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got the new album and wasn't overly impressed. It was ok. As for Gravedigger, I first heard in Sept '02 when he played it by himself as the first song of the encore at Alpine Valley. It was pretty darn good just by himself, using his emotion to fuel the song. I think the version on the album sounds too 'produced'.

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2003 :  12:30:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dick mountjoy

I got the new album and wasn't overly impressed. It was ok. As for Gravedigger, I first heard in Sept '02 when he played it by himself as the first song of the encore at Alpine Valley. It was pretty darn good just by himself, using his emotion to fuel the song. I think the version on the album sounds too 'produced'.

Sounds like the first time I heard it .. Camden, NJ last year. First some of the encore, came out and did it solo. He played a really long version too, it was amazing.

Music is dead
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000