09/18/03 Baltimore, MD Funk Box by a first TIMer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

creatively_41
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  01:45:25 AM  Show Profile  Send creatively_41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, so last night I headed out in the middle of the Hurricane/Tropical Storm known as Isabel and went to see this Guy known as Tim. I've seen Tim before from Dave Matthews Band shows, it may or may not be sad, but thats where I first heard of him, and after seeing D&T a couple of times, I decided I had to check out the REAL TR.

It was a nice quiet show being that only between 80-100 people actually braved the storm to be there, but since it was still going on, I definately wasn't going to let a little rain keep me from experiencing this.

The opener was some chick and if anybody knows who she was or knows more about her, I'd definately appreciate it. But she played her guitar very well, and she was pretty amazing for being as young as she looked.

Anyway, Tim played a really solid set. I wish I could give more details about it, but since I really only recognize a few of the songs, its hard, but they were all excellent.

After the show, I met a few people including the person known as Fluffy who sold me a nice TR cd titled Sanctuary that I'm not halfway through listening to, but its still really good. I also met a cool guy named Eric who while he isn't actually part of the crew - or maybe he is - he was really nice though. I also met the guy who worked the video thingy he did a really really great job and used some cool stuff which he told me was from the movie Thirteen Ghosts as well lots of other interesting stuff. (by the way, the photographer for the Funk Box showed me some of his digital stills he took with Tim and he caught some great shots of Tim with some of the words behind him such as "Bullshit" and "USA" - he said they'd be up on the funk box website sometime next month.)

Finally I met Tim after waiting about half an hour. He was really chill, mellow, and had really great vibes coming off of him. He signed some stuff for me and seemed like an all around great guy.

Thank you to Tim for the great show, Fluffy for his higly informitive chatting, and to Eric for not allowing his sterotypical view of DMB fanatics to prevent him from chilling with me after the show and of course for helping introduce me to Tim. Thanks again, and I hope to see you guys sometime soon, especially if you come back aroud to B-more.

Peace, and everything nice

Ben

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  03:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Let me be the first to welcome you to the boards, so, welcome! Glad you enjoyed your first "real" TR experience. Fluffy is the man, as well as Erich (with an "h"). The video guy you are referring to is Mason, who also did the DVD. Oh, yeah, and that other guy you met, well that was in fact Tim. Anyways, welcome, and check out the FTP if you are interested in more great TR music. There's two free online released albums ID and Petroglyph, as well as some shows which some of the same songs you heard are in. They would be under the Chaos View section and you'd learn the names of some of them. Later...

BTW, the opening act "chick" you are referring to is Kaki King (pronounced like the pants - khaki - and not cocky). She is pretty damn talented with a guitar. I enjoy her myself.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  03:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see a new fan! Welcome aBOARD! You've also got a good name Ben! heh...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  05:07:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD ben!! It was nice meeting and chatting with you. Hope you liked the CD. As for Kaki, more info can be found at KakiKing.com and for the record, there were 135 people showed. I was amazed at how many people actually bought tix and then didn't show. Even with the storm, we still did 78 people walk up for a total of 210 paid, but only 135 people in the room. U do the math, that's alot of people who bought tix in advance and didn't show. It's too bad because it was another AWESOME show. WE actually didn't use the screen this nite and projected onto the back wall which was different shades of black and grey and gave the visuals a completely different and very kewl look for this particular evening. We were a bit apprehensive about the show still going on after driving into Baltimore and seeing what is normally a jampacked Balmer beltway at 6pm. I only counted 6 cars on it as we drove into town. It was truly bizarre. Anyway, we ended up have a GREAT TIMe and a GREAT show and it really wasn't much different than any other rainy day. The press just loves to blow things out of proportion. OH yes, we had dinner at a place called MOTHERS, if you are ever in Baltimore I highly advise trying this place out, dinner was wonderful. It now rivals my other fave Baltimore restaurant, GAMPY'S. Hey hon, anyone want to go to dinner in Balmer with me? LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  5:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Both of those restaurants rock the bootay Fluffy! Nice to hear some references from the home front. Also, I know exactly what you mean about the Balmer Beltway traffic, and I wish I would have seen 6 cars total. It would have been a sweet picture to take! Lets go out to eat in Balmer sometime at Phillips! Mmmmmm, seafood...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: