09/11/03 Cleveland Heights, OH Grog Shop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  2:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW!!! Greatest TR show ever. Tim was absolutely on fire the whole night (like he always is). I don't have the setlist so I'll name just some of the songs.

He played about 7-8 acoustic songs first like Stranger In A Strained Land, Hopeful Heresy, Chatterbox, Flourescence, Kundalini and Dreaming (I'm pretty sure thats the title). I felt that these songs showed some amazing improv, some of the best I have ever heard. TR also played another acoutic "cover" (rendition in my opinion) during the encore which was amazing. He mentioned what it was, but I don't remember (help, Fluffy).

Then TR broke out the electrics and brought the place down. It was all over after that. He played Put the Gas Mask On, Indoctrinate (sweet), Bigfoot, Time To Go, Skeleton Walls.

He did a reading before the encore (we need a transcription of it). Then, just to give everyone a swift kick, to close out the night he played DOOM!!! Oh, crap, which is what I almost did when I heard the song. Incredible. An acoustic version no less. (Erich was pretty happy about that one too).

Anyways, I know there a some songs that I didn't get because I was gonna get a copy of the setlist before I left, but couldn't locate one. I was hoping that maybe Fluffy could fill in the setlist for us, and in some order...unlike mine. hehehe

Once again, thanks to everyone in the "crew." Amazing show!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  2:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, I just turned 200 on that post!!! Go me!!!

Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me......

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  2:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I need to hear this Doom song that everyone seems to love.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  5:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look on the FTP server or www.archive.org in the music section. It's a pretty wicked song.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  5:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Doom is on the 10-10-01 video from Western Washington State Univ.

Check it out from the ftp. This version rocks!!!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  6:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Two things...

I have part one of the 10-10-01 video.

SEcondly, I've been having trouble with the ftp lately. I can connect but it doesn't bring up any folders or anything..says "Cannot open date connection (10060)."
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  6:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Send me an email with your ip address and I will fix it for you. Some people have trouble through their own isp's firewalls, and crap like that. Drop me an email. Thanks. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2003 :  02:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the awesome review!!! You have no idea how jealous I am of everyone getting to see these shows.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2003 :  9:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy! Is there any way you could post the setlist for this show (or email it to me)? Maybe Erich? (Please please?) That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I see you are "back" on the boards for the moment Fluffy. Its been lonely. hehehe

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  05:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to say that the setlist is MIA from Cleveland. We can't seem to locate it. I did come across one in my search that MAY be it. The show was recorded so when I recieve a copy we can confirm that this was ACTUALLY the setlist. Here is the one I think it is. You may be able to look at it and tell for sure if you were there. I have seen so many shows so far and that was so long ago I can't remember for sure. Here is the one I think it was:

Stranger
And Then....
Earth Ascending
Soul Love
Hopeful Heresy
Kundalini Bonfire
Lettingoo
Flourescence
Dreaming

From This World

Indoctrinate

Big Foot

Time To Go

Gas Mask

Skeleton Walls

Souls

Face-Off

Timeless/Doom
PPP

Hey prsmartin, based on your review, I am 99.9% positive that this is the setlist from that nite. Sorry for the delay in getting it to you, I had misplaced it and I just had to figure out where I put it. Thanx for your patience!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  11:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluffy. No worries, I know you are busy on the tour. That is the exact setlist from what I remember. Nice work on the "recollection". Once I hear this, I'm also 99.9% positive that it is correct. Also, was Timeless the acoustic (slow) one that we were talking about? Can't remember the name. Anyways, thanks again for the setlist and let Erich know to check his email (if he's still with you guys)! Thanks. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  12:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, I just noticed that you missed Chatterbox, and I don't think remember Tim playing Letting Go...hmmm...I could be wrong, but I know I heard Chatterbox! Just FYI.

Also, check your email.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  7:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD DAMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIT!!!!! I wanted to go to this SO fuckin' bad by my GOD DAMN BROTHER'S WEDDING GOT IN THE WAY!!! SHIT!!!! Oh I'm glad you guys had fun

Fuckers.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  7:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, by the way, it's the GROG shop, hahaha

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000