09/13/03 Chicago, IL Martyrs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  10:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is unbelievable. I'm going to be in the Chicago area on the 13th visiting family, so I get to go see Tim!!

Is anyone else going to this show?

Adam

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  11:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ummmmmmmm, I think I will be there. HEHE

See ya there!! Glad you can make it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  2:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, im getting excited for this show. What are the chances of meeting you and Tim, Fluffy? How long after the end of Tim's set will I need to hang out?

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  04:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am always pretty easy to spot and you can usually find me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off directly after a show. As for TR, you can expect to wait about 30 mins or so after the show if you want to meet TR. He is usually pretty good about meeting folks, but he definitely needs some "come down" TIMe right after the show. I would say your chances are 98% good on meeting TR. Me, I will be easy to meet, but I will most likely be frantic about something. See ya there!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PoesConfidant
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  12:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Send PoesConfidant an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey---i just found this board---and will definitely be there on the 13th (live in Chicago area).... have loved TR's playing for years and can't wait to hear him live finally. it'll be a blast.

-Poe
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  12:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the board! Hope you visit and post often! Just out of curiosity how did you find the board? Glad you found it!

Have fun at the show!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PoesConfidant
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  7:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Send PoesConfidant an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey, thanks...actually linked here through martyrs (the place reynolds is playing on the 13th)

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  8:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD!! and see you at Martyrs. I was just there with Chris Whitley. Turns out the RedSox are in town that nite or something. The first 13 hotels I called were booked up. Finally found one luckily, but looks like Chicago might be pretty hairy that night.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PoesConfidant
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  6:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Send PoesConfidant an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Chris Whitley eh? cool...

yeah...we're getting near the end of everything. i'm personally wondering how likely the possibility is of the cubs and whitesox...that would be completely insane. who knows. gotta love this city. see ya at Martyrs!

Go to Top of Page

PoesConfidant
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2003 :  4:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Send PoesConfidant an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey fluffy--it was great meeting you at martyrs---wish i could have stayed but my friend had to go. it was an incredible show! he's insanely talented. hope the rest of the shows go well..

-Poe

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Welcome aBOARD!! and see you at Martyrs. I was just there with Chris Whitley. Turns out the RedSox are in town that nite or something. The first 13 hotels I called were booked up. Finally found one luckily, but looks like Chicago might be pretty hairy that night.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  3:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Chicago was WAY KEWL!! So we had a really EARLY soundcheck after a late nite double show in AnnArbor the nite before, BUT this did not keep TR from stretching out AGAIN. I have witnessed another FIRST for me. At soundcheck(which was taped by Erich)TR worked out an acoustic blues version of Ministry's Just One Fix which was way kewl and may show up in a set in the not to distant future, TR just has to work out the lyrics hehe. The other BEAUTIFUL surprise was at soundcheck he also worked out a keyboard only cover of Mean Mistreater by Grand Funk. He was so happy with that one that he ran back to hotel and copied down the lyrics and added it to the set that nite. It was wonderful, if not, highly unusual to see TR only playing keyboards all by themselves and singing the song in his best blues swagger.

It was a great show, but the crowd was a typical Sat nite crowd, LOUD. It was 6 tix away from sold out but as the nite progressed the crowd thinned out losing the noiser drinkers leaving only the TRue fans and it ended up being fantastic. Kaki King had problems with the noise level from the outset of her set. Even a heckler she promptly told to "FUCK OFF!!" which was awesome. Kaki is fantastic, by the way, it has been a real pleasure having her on the road with us.

It was nice seeing old friends in Chicago and a pleasure meeting new ones. Wish you could have hung around a bit Poe or I had gotten to meet you earlier in the evening. Maybe next TIMe. Hope you enjoyed it and your friend feels better. Can't wait to see you again. THANX to all the folks who made it another GREAT show!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  5:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hells yeah that was a exquiste show! And Kaki is quickly becoming my new hero. It's currently the ever spectacular Ruyter Suys from Nashville Pussy, but Kaki's the shiznit!

Thank you, all of you for everything that you do. Tim has some really Good People surrounding him and supporting him.

And Fluffy, thanks for not tackling me to the ground when I just waltzed myself backstage like that. Tee hee.

Kiah (Katchoo)
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  06:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL!! Glad you had a great show Kiah and I should have tackled you when you walked backstage! LOL j/k Glad you finally got to say hello and sorry you had to wait so long but TR was just exhausted after that truly fantastic show and the long drive from the 2 shows that last really late the day before. He was just exhausted. Luckily we had 2 days off after that to get to the next gig. We did a little shopping in Chicago at our favorite metal shop, Metal Haven. TR and (c)Rew went crazy. I managed to contain myself and only bought something at the little vintage shop next door. I got a great hawaiian shirt(the ugliest, yet the KEWLest I have ever seen)and a very awesome bright red jacket that I can't even begin to describe. I like it so much I keep wearing it even though it's to warm to be wearing it. LOL Lets just say, it's pretty easy to spot me in a crowd. HEHE Oh and by the way, welcome aBOARD Kiah!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000