09/19/03 New Brunswick, NJ Crossroads Theatre
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HarryBtop
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  3:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all, new guy here...Listen, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about the New Brunswick show...I heard that Tom Vella and Kaki King are opening...Me and a bunch of my friends are going and want to catch Tom (as well as Tim of course)but we have no idea as to what time anything happens...any help would be appreciated...Also, is there anyone out there going to this show too? Its gonna be sweet!

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  4:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Doors at 6, Tim's set at 10. That's pretty much all the info I have at this point.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

HarryBtop
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  10:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good lookin' out, but i figured that out on this we site.....www.tomvella.com does not give a time...i was more wondering if anyone knew when he was going on...if y'all haven't heard him he is amazing...go to his web site and listen to the music...you'll be hooked...but still we are looking for answers...somebody help
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  12:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my ticket says 8:00pm, so yea doors are 6 or something probably
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  06:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I advanced the show and I have doors at 7:30 and TR goes on at 10pm. I would extrapolate this out to be 8pm, 9pm and then 10pm for TR. I would contact the venue for confirmation as I would hate for anyone to miss anything on my account, but that is the info I am working with at this TIMe. PS:I was only recently made aware of the extra act on the bill. I don't even know who it is for sure and can neither confirm or deny who the 3rd act is. I know TR and Kaki are definites and that there is indeed a 3rd act. Again, contacting the venue for more info is your best bet. Looking forward to seeing the lot of you in NB.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  09:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OHHHHH MY GODD!!
DUde that is so crazy
kaki king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the other guys name on my ticket, not Kaki, thats why i was unaware of her, WHen i get home ill see the name on my ticket. Im so phsyced!
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  11:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The other guy's name is Tom Vella
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  10:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am going to the show tonight. Dave, I'll hafta meet up with you. Anybody else gonna be there?

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  11:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yea dude ill have a black shirt with the words "Immortal" on it in white
lol

yea ill be around, im going with my brother and his wife.

So if i dont see you before, perhaps after, i wanna wait and try and meet tim.

im so phsyced
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  11:41:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn -- I forgot to bring my Fluffy Sucks t-shirt!!! I have no idea what I'll be wearing...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  12:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to see a setlist and comprehensive reviews!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  5:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll be chillin in the front row with the little lady and the HUGE freakin grin on.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  02:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody...first things first...

sTRanger
Metamorhosis
Makes Me Wanna Holler (Marvin Gaye..are you kidding?!?!)-->
Chatterbox
Kundalini
Valley of Flourescent Flowers, etc.
Dreaming (Ghandi video here)
Indocrinate
Take Me From This World
Fat Bottom
? Newish electric instrumental
Face Off
Red Rain
E: Courante (or whatever that classical thing is that nobody knows the name to)-->
Zimbabwe
In Your Eyes
Pathetic

Super-tight set, musically and visually...first solo show for me since last year in Philly...Face-Off had all the media buzzwords flashing CIA FBI AL QAEDA OSAMA USAMA...etc...pretty funny that FLUFFY REW MASON were also included along with BONO...TIM was wearing a sleeveless Green Lantern shirt (I think)...Fluffy was MIA..EricH was doing merch...I think JemezFood was the guy I talked with briefly... the song before Face Off that had some crazy footage of action figures getting eaten cut with war footage...I though this was hysterical and laughed throughout...I recognized Yoda, the green alien as well as the Alien from the Sigourney Weaver flic doing battle...not sure about the others...pretty kooky either way..crowd was pretty standard..the venue was very cool..perfect size for Tim's show IMHO...when TIM introduced Fat Bottom he said "..not to be confused with Big Butt Pie..or Big Dick Ego Trip"..that's it

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  03:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my God! Every setlist gets better! In Your Eyes! Holler? Red Rain again! I pray that this show was taped too!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  04:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the show rocked, was lucky enough to get a picture with tim after. kaki king was amazing as well. i swear tim has somthing that most do not. you guys know what i mean
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  04:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed it was a great show!! Thanx everyone who came and hung out. Sorry was not more visible this particular evening but the logistics of this show were quite expansive, so many people to deal with. Union folks, "house" folks, and promoter folks. At points it felt like the old addage "too many cooks". I was dealing with so many different people for each aspect of the show I was kept hopping all nite. Also my sis showed up as well as Jon Soldo and Lisa and also Erich's mother and his oh-so-cute girlie(whose name escapes me at the moment). There were just so many names to keep track of this evening, we even had an extra act to deal with(Tom and Lucas, I do remember their names). Anyway, it was an exceptional presentation. TR was "on it" and the visuals were especially awesome as we used the house screen so the visuals were 4 to 5 TIMes bigger than normal, it was AWESOME!! Yes the show was recorded and I will hopefully recieve a copy when I return home after the tour. Also Mason recorded with his mounted camera from his position at the rear of the house, so there will be copies floating around. Unfortunately, a few things conspired to make this the shortest performance on the tour to date. It clocked in at about 85 mins, but it was a GREAT 85 mins!! It was great to see JFP and meet Rubylith finally. Wish I had had more TIMe to hang and chat. Wish you guys had gone around back and hung out by the van. Once were finished loading there was more TIMe to hang out. We were under the "UNION" guidelines for scheduling so we needed to get out of the building as quickly as possible. This is usually NOT the case at clubs, but this was a union venue and they have SO MANY rules. Sorry, hopefully I will get another chance when it is not so hectic to hang out with you guys a bit more. See you in State College JFP!! Thanx to everyone who came and made it a great show. I don't know if it was the room set-up that made the difference or what, but the audience was probably the most respectful audience on the tour so far. THANX to all for that as well. Hope to see more of you soon.

PS: The action figure footage that SpaceMonkey referred to from a home movie TR made himself which when seen from end to end is quite funny. When you can hear the audio track there is some hysterical dialogue and TR does all the voices for each of the action figures. It's way kewl!! I am glad he decided to have Mason add it to the show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Michael E. Rosol
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  10:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning

I was at the show last night in New Brunswick both my first time at the Crossroads as well as my first TR show. About 11 am that morning some 3rd row center tickets dropped and I snatched them up on a whim because the Roger McGuinn show from the night before was cancelled due to a hurricane, and I needed to try something new in music.

I was blown away. I'm 51 and I was transported back to my early years. I could hear influences of the old Mahavishnu Orchestra, and was delighted to see the screen behind him light up like the old Joshua light show from the Fillmore. (Yes I am THAT old.) An incredible evening. The Quietest,most respectful concert crowd I have ever heard in so many years, everyone was hanging on every note. The man was amazing. Simply amazing. And when 'Red Rain' popped up , I turned and smiled to my wife...she was already grinning...as we're old time Genesis and PG fans.

The venue is a performing arts kind of place, and the State Theatre has only recently started selling tickets to shows there. I was surprised at the intimacy of the place, and with only about 300 seats and semi-stadium-type seating, there isnt a bad seat in the house. The front rows are actually on the same level with the performer.They need to get their act together there, as the doors didn't open until 8:15PM, and no MC or announcer to introduce the acts.Altho I wrote it off to the venue's 'charm'. And with ticket prices only 25$, it's a bargain.

And can someone tell me about the Marvin Martian doll that looks like he's dressed for XMAS ?

Thanx for a great time!

Never too old to learn new things....:-)
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  11:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AWESOME SHOW.

EDIT: My friends enjoyed the show too.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  1:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael, finally someone older than me! I am not far from your age although I would like to wish otherwise, hehe.

I am so happy you and your wife enjoyed TIM's show, happier still that you posted here. I am a huge PG fan too, as is TIM and others on this board. I can't wait to hear him play Red Rain in Bryn Mawr. The only thing that would blow me away more would be to hear him play PG's Steam. I don't think he has ever done that and I am not sure he even likes the song, but it would be amazing to hear his spin on it.

If you are interested in new music may I suggest In November Sunlight by Soko. You can go to www.sokoband.com and get more information and hear some of the songs. Michael Sokolosky is an amazing musician, my personal favorite. SOKO had split up for awhile but Michael along with Houston Ross and a killer new drummer are working on a new CD that will hopefully be out before too long. SOKO lives!!!!! The new cd will truly be one to keep a watch for!

TIM plays on the cd I mentioned as well as others with Michael. You can purchase some from this site as well.

Once again, welcome Michael! Glad TIM has two new fans

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2003 :  2:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha
yea dude the laughing sounds were bugging people out, i couldnt even blink for a sec, it was great. yea I plan on stopping by more shows soon, i know what you are talking about with those union guys. i could see you were in a rush. would have stayed but we had to get back. how about kaki king too? REALLY wanted to meet her, hehehe

Thanks fluffy for working your ass off for all of us.

oh yea, Tim too
hehe
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  3:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I finally got my internet to work again!
What an awesome night this was. When Matt ( my roomie with the same name) and I got to the venue, we told the ticket collectors that we were probably on the guest list but they didnt find my name. I asked that the girl look for Fluffy to let him know that I was there and she said "You want me to look for WHO??" but eventually they gave in and just printed me out a set of tickets (yayyy). While we waited, Kaki King went on stage. We entered the room as she was playing " Close Your Eyes and You'll Burst Into Flames." What a raucous song! I almost enjoyed Kaki's Set more than TR's. I can relate to it more cos i play that 'touch / tap-style' guitar, not Tim's style, but in any case, Kaki ROCKS and I encourage everybody to check her out.
I met up with Erich, Rubylith and Spacemonkey which was pretty cool. I didn't recognize Erich at first with the big poofy hair.
BTW Spacemonkey, Erich Said that that new heavier electric song is called "Industrial."
The video was pretty cool, but I noticed a lot more still shots than anything, as opposed to last year's plethora of video clips. Friday's clips were a bit more subdued.

I like steak.

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  4:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Almost forgot, the last thing we saw before we left the venue was a guy who asked TIM to sign his D&T L@LC cd. He told TIM how he was about to go see Dave asked TIM if he was gonna be at the show! TIM was like uh, sorry man, I have a tour going here. The guy asked again soemthign I can't remember, about playign with Dave on the tour. TIM was like man, I am gonna gonna play with HIM! I am doing my OWN tour! it was kinda funny. Wish I had remembered the exact words.

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  7:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Michael E Rosol, first welcome aBOARD!! Glad we made a new fan that nite, it was a truly great show in a great venue. Loved your review so much I read it to (c)Rew(roadie:stage manager and driver)and he actually remembers seeing you and your wife smile at each other when that song started. He was also watching that song and happened a glance in your direction and noticed that. What are the chances? SYNCHRONICITY!! You will be happy to know and probably not be surprised to find out that TR is a huge old GENISIS fan and PG fan. As for Marvin, it started with a joke about TR's Moog Ring Modulator, The MoogerFooger. TR would always talk abou the Ring Modulator in that Marvin the Martian voice. "Where's my RING MOJULATOR?" and poof, TR found the little guy and he started joining TR onstage every nite. Glad you enjoyed it and thanx for posting your thoughts here. Hope you stick around and post more and hope to meet you at a future show and somehow thankful Roger McGuinn was cancelled although I am a huge RM fan as well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000