09/20/03 Wilkes Barre, PA River Street Jazz
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ImLost@Sea
Is Anybody Here?

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit ImLost@Sea's Homepage  Send ImLost@Sea an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This show was excellent. I typed a whole review of it and my PC fucked up and I lost it all! Dammit! I met Erich with an H last night, along with a bunch of other real chill people. Brock opened for Tim (check him out - www.brockband.com) and did some cool loops including Busta Rhymes' Woo Hah! Hilarious. Tim kept the crowd hyped for two hours, nobody knew what to expect or could believe we drove two hours just to see him. I think after the show they realized why. I can't remember the setlist, I'll leave that for Erich to post when he gets around to it. I still can't believe I was eight feet from the virtuoso, the legend, the guitar GOD! With the exception of some drunken asses that kept yammering on the whole night (Erich, you know exactly what I'm talking about) the crowd was pretty cool. I know I will probably never be that close to Tim again, so I'm still simmering in my adulation of last night's experience. PEACE everybody...

Indoctrinate the stream of radar contact around the kundalini bonfire, and then they were free.

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  1:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the incomplete setlist...I didn't think to ask Erich what the "?"s were after the show, anyway..

TRy a Little Harder
No Other Words
Chatterbox
Impermanence
Loose
Metamorphosis
Doom
Dreaming
Radar Contact
Fat Bottom
?-->same as previous night, features action figure mutilations..hysterical
?-->not sure if this was an original or a Marley cover..maybe just the Marley visuals that make me think that
Take Me From This Place
?
?
Back Door
Face Off
E: Inside
?-->this one was on the tip of my tongue...possible Sanctuary song

High energy show from the start....one of the best electric performances I've seen ...overall the crowd wasn't that bad considering that the stage area was adjacent to the bar...the visuals on Radar Contact, Take Me, BackDoor and Face Off were outstanding as were the performances themselves--TIM was a)going nuts, b)rockin out, or c) insert your favorite cliche here ...by the grace of god I was able to walk in the front door, eat a meal and drink a Sierra Nevada for free...the bouncer was MIA when I strolled in and the bartender never gave me a bill even though I sat/stood in the same spot for 3 hours...go figure..i think that's all
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  4:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great Reviews! wish I would be able to catch an Equallibrium tour show!
Go to Top of Page

Abby
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  1:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say hi to all and especially TR who I saw for the first time on 9/20/03. I thought it was a great show and pretty cool crowd! Hi ADAM and ROB.

Peace, Love & Happiness!
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  2:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Abby! Welcome aBOARD to the...hmmm...well...the boards (slightly redundant)! Glad you enjoyed your first Tim Reynolds experience. Check out the ftp for some more TR music, and two online released albums: ID and Petroglyph. Enjoy and welcome!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  7:44:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD Abby!!! Glad you dug your first show.

COMPLETE setlist:

Try a Little Harder
TIMeless/No Other Words
Spiral Nutcase
Chatterbox
Impermanence
Loose Interpretation
Metamorphosis
Doom

Dreaming

Radar
Fatbottom
Industrial
Tribulation (TR3 original, Greg Howard was quite excited to hear it in the set at his show with us at the Crowbar)
From This World
Red Rain
Backyard
FaceOff

Souls

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000