Show Reviews
 06/05/03 Boulder, CO Fox Theater
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  2:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya, Thats right TIM REYNOLDS!!!!!!!!!!! begin groveling...here
I'm just making this announcement/thread so I can post a review of the show when I get back.

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  3:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awesome, i can't wait to hear your review!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  3:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hope to see tim one day.....have fun ;)!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2003 :  3:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn Matt, we gotta get you to the MD show!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  01:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Tim two years ago this October. Three feet away, you can see me in the pictures on the site. It was by far the best and greatest music experience ever.

Enjoy.

And lets keep hoping that Tim will dare to venture to the west coast once again!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  06:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok Tom, I am so disappointed! I was sure I would see your review of last nights show on the board when I woke up this morning! Guess not!

I am probably the only one who gets so high from listening to TIM play live, that I can't go to sleep no matter how late it is! I hope I see your review after work today!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  12:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i almost went to a tim show in c-ville, my friend went, but i couldn't because i was in a musical at the time, and that nite that was the nite before show time, so i had to be there!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  1:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, since I dindt know a few of the songs there might be some gaps. but heres just my whole little trip to Boulder. Ok so I get in to Boulder and we were trying to pick up a ticket at the will call, then the lady says that we need to wait untill the doors open-8:30 (which was like 20 min away) so I'm walking out and I look over to this bar right next to the door and I see Rew, then I look a little more and theres Tim,Fluffy,Mason,and Greg. the door people were rushing us out but when doors opened I went and said hello. I though it was quite humerous when everyone going to the show didnt even stop, or at that look, at Tim hahah. I really didnt think they know who he was (when Tim came on the stage the guy next to me was like "dude that was the guy at the bar). then since there were only like 100 people there I went back out side and talked to Fluffy and Rew and Greg for a while untill Greg leaves to warm up. So I said bye and went back to the floor (it was kewl that they opened up the floor for all ages) and we watched this local performer. I can't remember her name, maby fluffy can post it but she was good
Then comes out GREG. holy shit! first song he did were 2 Beatles covers. Tommorow Never Knows and Norweign Wood. all I can say SICK! then he plays an original which was insane. then inbetween the next songs he talks about how he had never been to Boulder before. So someone yells out "Welcome!" and he says "thanks" and another guy yells out "Smoked any Weed yet?!" (boulder is a big weed town) and Greg says "Do you really have to ask that question" HAHA. Then greg goes into this slap bass intro into another song. and Finished with an original. It was Amazing. I was there with a friend and he had never heared Greg before and he was like "Shit, I cant believe that was the guy I was talking too" haha.

Now for TIM

Ok at this point I was thinkin, what can top Greg? and I got my answer. Tim comes out (very talkitive) and was with is 12 string. He says somethin like before we get started I need to do something. so he plays this little improv happy birthday to corey (dont ask me who he is). then he goes into I think Stranger in a Strained Land (I really need a set list to remember what the order was) and it was just insane. I'll just post the highlights for the show right now. once I see a set list then I'll know. ok next was, I think, when he says "my little daughter in santa fe got out of school today, (with fist in air) YES!!!!!" haha and then he plays Feeling Doors which was insane. um lets see. he got a new tuner so he was talking about how if his guitar was out of tune the world wouldnt be in order or somethingng along those lines. then he plays Chatter Box and Metamorphosis and Turn it Into Love. then we got some more talking, he says something about how he wants to make a political speach then he says "CNN, BLAH BLAH BLAH, CSPAN BLAH BLAH BLAH, Fox...(raises middle finger) FUCK FOX!!!" HAHA then he plays Decline in Reason. he played Offspring as well, that was a thing of beauty. then my highlight IMPERMANENCE! that was the kewlest thig ever! then another highlingt KUNDALINI BONFIRE he was telling us about how it was like dialogue between a man and a woman or somethin. cause at the beggining he would play a slide lick and say "and he said" and "then she said" so ya. then at the end of Kundlini he hits like a E note and puts it on a loop and its shakeing the entire building its so loud and then he walks off stage HAHA. Fluffy had to tell the sound guy to turn it down so it didnt blow a speaker or somethin HAHA. Then for the encore TIM AND GREG JAM. hell yes. It was bleeding pure emotion it was the best thing I'v ever seen. ok ya so then after the show I had to leave right away (sorry Fluffy) and go back home
I'll straiten everything out when a set list is posted
wow that was long
and I need to PEE
oh well over all
SICK SHOW
peace
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  5:49:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'll be irate if it wasnt taped :( that sounds AWSOOOOOOOME

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  5:58:58 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich, YES, Mason video taped and im sure audio taped it
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  6:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awesome man!!! Thanks for the great review and the cool news about it being taped! Sounds like you had an awesome time!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  6:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomasode

Erich, YES, Mason video taped and im sure audio taped it

wonderful! that means he did the entire tour. Im fucking relieved *dances*

Now to just get Mase to send me copies to send to the archive

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  7:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know he did not tape the Colorado Springs show at 32 Bleu because Tim told him not to because it was the first show.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  8:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GAH

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  8:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy Shit...

Turn It Into Love, Offspring, Impermanence!?!?!?

I'm completely jealous! I hope he comes west and sticks to some of the older songs! Maybe even "Smile" or "After the Dust Settles". Please, get that up on Archive!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  9:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I do believe that he might have played smile, once again I need a set list. POST FLUFFY!! HAHA. and He also played this really sick song on the 12 string. I didnt know the name.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  9:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hopefuly the return of the 2 string DOOM :D

Im sure the 32 Bleu was taped regardless. im really hoping at least...

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2003 :  10:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
2 string, no, 12 string, mabe I've honestly never heared doom so I wouldnt know. Fluffy said he played it at 32 bleu and it was not taped. sorry man
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2003 :  02:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats frustrating. who knows, there are people that tape that fluffy doesnt know about, i know that much. optomism

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2003 :  02:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear lord! If he played Smile I will kill for a version of that live!

Kill...

Definitely one of my top favorite Tim songs.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2003 :  11:53:37 AM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  1:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I needed a little warmth. It's COLD (for LA) here!!! I'm about to make a Hot Chocolate.
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  2:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, TOUR IS OVER (or atleast at a break) WHERE ARE YOU???!!!
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  12:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To the Top. I have a few questions (i was listening to TR and remembered the show) for Fluffy.

1. Who was that guy that TR sang happy birth day too??
2. well I guess no more questions
3. oops forgot, do you have the set list??
4. ill shut up now (everytime I go to this thread I have to PEE! ugh)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000