Site Updates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2003 :  11:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to post this question again, but why are any updates on this site so slow in coming? There have been no updates in two months and even the one update I'm referring to was slight. I come here several times a week to see what one of my favorite guitarists is up to only to be disappointed because I have to go to Pollstar to get up-to-date tour information. I've read that the guys who runs this site is a student and I know that eats up a lot of time, but maybe someone could take over in the interim.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  01:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey RUP, Sorry for the delays in getting things posted to the site, but Jon(the webmaster)is just very busy. May I suggest getting on the email list, that way you will be notified as soon as we have the info. I send out any info to the email list as soon as I have it, as well as posting it here in the TRelated section of the board. Unfortunately, Jon can't always post it to the rest of the site as quickly as the info comes to him. The latest tour dates were posted a while ago and you may have missed the post. Here is a link for your perusal:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3878

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  10:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluffy! I do read the message board for recent posts and check the tour page every time I'm at this site.

Peace!
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  6:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 months and NO updates...
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  10:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ralph U Puke

3 months and NO updates...

ok, dude, we got the picture the first 5 times. now, you can try any of the following:

1> Tell Jon S about it, cause hes the one that runs it, not us.

2> Sign up for the mailing list and get news from Fluffy

3> Run your own Tim site with more up to the minute news

4> Shut up

I can understand your frustration about no updates, but heres all you need to know about tim right now: He has tour dates anounced and is on the new Dave cd.

You making more than one thread about it and then topping it ISNT GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING. So just chill already.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  02:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol. Very well put Erich. I mean, there are tour dates available, and the ones that have been set in stone have been announced. The site could be like Nancies.org and we could have news updates every time Tim takes a crap or something, but that gets old.

And don't forget...no news is good news.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  03:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well look at that, the main page was just updated!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  11:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol!

That is so hilarious.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  03:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, that was great. Erich probably ran the guy off though, lol.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  04:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
is it safe to add that from May 30th to July 31st is not 3 months? or would that be getting one in a little late?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  4:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, you're a dumbass! Keeping posting and show us just how stupid you really are. Man ... what fun! And still no updates...
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  7:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why don't you make your own website ralph and update it then...geez this is silly.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  11:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Erich, you're a dumbass! Keeping posting and show us just how stupid you really are.

come back when 2 months equals 3.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  02:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  03:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, it's that SNK guy.

Man, that game sucks...

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

goat1927
Is Anybody Here?

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  1:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich,

Take it easy on the anxious fans - they're not in the loop with Tim like you and Fluffy are. I remember talking to you before the CV show at the knit in NYC in sept, and you're definitely on top of Tim updates and whatnot, as well as being a devoted fan and follower - which is very admirable.

Keep word travelling; it's great to have someone to spread the word, but don't harp on anxious fans; they're asking because they want to know, not because they're trying to needle people - they're just looking to see what's going on - don't be sarcastic and negative - you'll drive fans away...keep spreading word on Tim though man, that's the good shit.

MJ
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  2:53:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Goat,

asking once and even twice is not the issue. making repeatative threads (this isnt 'ralphs' first thread on the exact topic) and then topping them with jackass comments like "3 months and NO updates!" AFTER being told numerous times the exact reason why there were no updates and where to go for more information is. Im just as bummed out that the official sites news page has been pretty much rendered stale, but Jon is a busy guy and so i dont let it bother me. I get my news elsewhere and post it where i can as an alternative. Had i been the random fan who asked, being told once would be enough. theres a difference between anxiety and obnoxious impatience, and thats all.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  8:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich,

Slow is this site. Patient is a month, two months if you’re a nun. Pathetic is what the updates on this site have gotten to be. If you don’t like me voicing my unhappiness with this site’s lack of updates or new material (which is what this is … a place for posting opinions), then don’t read my posts. I don’t go around harping on the stupid shit other people write (and there is a lot of stupid things posted on message boards!) I post what I post to make a point, repeatedly if need be, and it seems to be working (You are that example, thanks!). And it has been over 3 months now since you’re so keen on exact days. I like to round for simplicity sake. Of course, you probably want me to note it has been 3 months and 5 days since the slightest update and closer to 6 months since a decent update of any kind showed up. Does that make you feel better? Not me! I’d like to know if TR is taking a break, or recording, or planning a tour, or whatever. I don’t need to know what he ate for breakfast. The dude is one of the best musicians on the planet. Need I say more about updates??? Even if they were slight but came out maybe monthly, that would be great. Damn shame how passé I’ve gotten. Now go post something positive like Tim is gearing up for an acoustic tour. And leave me alone before I have to busta move on your head!!!

Goat, I could not have summed it up better myself. The only reason I’m harping is to get people thinking. I would be much happier posting about how amazed I was at seeing TR the prior evening. Thanks for being real and not pissed off at the world like other folks.

So now everyone else, I’m going to see what I can do to help raise the awareness of Tibet’s fight for independence … just ‘cause I posted a nasty about this site’s poor updates.

R.U.P.
Go to Top of Page

goat1927
Is Anybody Here?

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  2:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ralph,

I hear Erich's point and yours, but nowhere does Erich mention: "leave me alone before I have to busta move on your head!!!" - are you kidding - no need. Understandably, we ALL want updates, but if it pisses people off, they're not going to want to do a thing for you. Fans and their loyalty are priceless, but when it makes them pressured/accusatory, people get turned off.

My suggestion is simply to post vibes about good shit - TIM - yes, he is a virtuostic jazz-based musician of high caliber; his music (and music in general) is intended to make people happy, upbeat, and filled with positive vibes; don't let other shit get in the way of that; especially sarcasm. Keep your loyalty to TIM, be positive, and enjoy man - there's too much negative shit in this life to dwell on...Peace man.

MJ
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  4:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe(ron) anyone?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  09:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No accusations man, just opinions … unless you’re taking about Erich’s last post … talk about negativity.

How about this: Tim Reynolds is incredible!!!!! What is he up to?
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  10:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tim reynolds..he's up to about 5'6" now i think, something like that, i could be wrong tho.

Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  11:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good one VWF!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  11:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
seriously tho..i haven't a clue what he's doing...if i had to fantasize about it tho i'd say he'd be putting together a middle eastern fusion group similar to john mclaughlin's shakti.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  3:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No accusations man, just opinions … unless you’re taking about Erich’s last post … talk about negativity.

save the bullshit and dont hide behind the "opinions" card. You were called out and were way more "negative" than i was, so you can fucking lump it. But Ive come to expect it, i mean, anyone whos given the information 4 times yet still cant figure out where to go mustn't be too bright. But thats the last Im wasting on you, so whatever impatient bs response you want is on the house.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  3:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich,

One: You are a moron. This is a forum of opinions. Fuck you and your stupid commentary.

Two: I'm tired of being nice. Now I'm coming to hunt you down. You are a pathetic little whiner. You are full of shit and can go and fuck yourself, which I’m sure you do on a regular basis. If I ever see you at a TR concert, I am going to rearrange your face. You can blow hot air all you want, you’re going down [to the pavement]! I’ll make sure you get a nice ride in the white wagon to the ER. And yes, I plan on attending every TR show on the East Coast to find you!!!

Three: Sorry everyone else.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  3:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn this bad language on board, now i can't read what was written because of my firewall on this work computer...THANKS!

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  3:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Two: I'm tired of being nice. Now I'm coming to hunt you down. You are a pathetic little whiner. You are full of shit and can go and fuck yourself, which I’m sure you do on a regular basis. If I ever see you at a TR concert, I am going to rearrange your face. You can blow hot air all you want, you’re going down [to the pavement]! I’ll make sure you get a nice ride in the white wagon to the ER. And yes, I plan on attending every TR show on the East Coast to find you!!!

*points and laughs* you know, I was going to hold back, but just wanted to mention: threats like this are illegal. and especialy coming from a "ralph u puke", i honestly have no qualms telling you to take your shit elsewhere, you cant even insult someone properly. but hey, maybe if you make some more threads asking other people how, you might find something!

I apologize on the behalf of the others with an iota of intelligence, random morons are tolerated all the time.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  12:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This kind of talk has no place here. Erich, am I understanding that you were just furious with the fact that RUP has started 5 threads? He wasn't hurting you. A little comment here and a little reply there, adn look what we have. I woulda never expected this kind of petty sensititvity adn defensiveness on this board. This is one of the tightest knit boards out there. Erich, I know that your role here is usually the oen with the most information not named Fluffy, but don't let it go to your head. You aren't the multiple-thread police. If nobody wants to talk about his topic, or your topic, or my topic, then nobody will post on it. that's pretty simple. There are better things to get mad about, and even more things to think about that wont get you mad in the first place. just chill out, both of you.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  01:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this has nothing to do with tim or fluffy or anything else, and im not in the slightest bit furious about it. thread clutter is anoying, and its also pretty obnoxious to ask the same question this many times after getting the same answer from the same people. Telling the guy to chill out doesnt warrent any type of petty name calling, neither does a little sarcastic joke on the impatience, but if the guy wants to lower himself to making bullshit threats and talking out of his ass, ive no shame in going that low myself.

This community is tight knit, yes, but its also a very slow community, and that includes posting on the boards. Its a disrespect to the people that try to keep things together nicely to clutter it up with the same crap, especialy after hearing an answer many times. Getting impatient doesnt change anything, and tossing insults when called on that does even less. And even if i was the last informed about things, even if i never went to the shows i did and did the things i did, I would think the same damn thing and express it because i can.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  02:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is a bad thread...i won't knock anybody who doesn't have time to kill reading through the pages and then ask questions about stuff the regulars are already up on..let's start a forum called bullshit quarrels and put this one at the top because it has no business here..see you all at the shows Peace
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  12:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich,

At least I finally got a laugh (and some humor) out of you. Took long enough! I knew I could get you to respond when you said you were through. You're too easy!

See you at the show.

Space monkey, you thought you were reading the Enquirer, huh? I bet you were glued to every post! Damn shame you're reading this thread started out of boredom and lack of site updates ... uh oh, did I go there again? Damn, stupid me. I forgot that the more you ask, doesn't get people thinking, it gets them mad.

Puking Ralph

Oh yeah, I'm puking at my own bad taste and stupidy ... hahahaha..

Power through the music.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  1:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ralph,

Email me? no quarells, honest. Just email me. Erichwanh@yahoo.com

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  5:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
RUP... what sort of updates are you seeking? I understand that this site isn't thumping with news about TR, but I think that's probably how many people want it, especially Tim and his family... Tim entertains us with his music, not his personal business.... Because the dates for the shows are covered. Reviews for the shows are also covered in one way or another, whether it be on the site or in the boards... We hear about Tim's prospects of doing another album, and find out about new merch and what not... But what do you want to know?
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  6:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man...I'm gone camping for four days and look at all I miss!

Hope everything's resolved!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

ericclapton
Is Anybody Here?

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  11:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit ericclapton's Homepage  Send ericclapton an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can we please get the discography page updated with some info about each of the albums? That would be a great addition to the site.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  03:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What would you like to know about which album? I'd be more than happy to provide you with any answers you require. And if I can't answer them I'm sure someone else would know.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  04:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey ericclapton, I am not sure if this is the kind of "info" you seek since you weren't more specific, but hopeful this is the kind of info you were looking for. Hope it helps!!!

See Into Your Soul = Nomadic Wavelength: Very Similar in style and approach. Both great albums. Solo acoustic outings by TR. Although SIYS does have some noisier snippets using drum machines and eclectic noises tying together some of the acoustic tracks, but they don't really detract from the feel of the CD. They tend to have a spacey/industrial-esque feel to the pieces. If you are looking for just straight TR acoustic playing, NW is the way to go although he does use some pedals for effect on some of these tracks as well.

Stream: Tim in the studio with just a guitar, no pedals no effects, Just PURE TIM!!!

Gossip of the Neurons This a live acoustic(no overdubs) recording of Tim performing at Millers. This has alot of the spacier sounding stuff interlaced with strait up acoustic TIM. Alot of people believe he is also playing keys on this but every sound you hear is an acoustic guitar. An amazing recording. By the way, there is no audience sound, it was recorded direct to DAT I think. So it is almost impossible to tell it is a live recording.

Sanctuary The most eclectic of Tim recordings. The styles on this CD are so diverse, yet as a whole seem almost seemless. Tim plays all the instruments on this CD. So obviously it is a studio album(although I have seen Tim play guitar, keys and pedals, oh yeah, and strobe lite switch all at once. AMAZING!!) It is a 2 disc set. It is a great place to start if you want a wider variety of Tims styles. Some electric, some acoustic, some rockin, some spacey. You won't be disappointed.

Live Puke Matrix This is a live recording of Puke Matrix(Tim Reynolds, Houston Ross, Johnny Gilmore) This is a Hard Rock record. If you like the stuff Tim did on this tour with the SG you will really dig either this or Astral Projection. The live CD has more extended jams as tends to happen live so you get more of Tim soloing.

Astral Projection Studio Effort by Puke Matrix. This record grabs you by the jugular and does not let go until you are completely drained. This record rocks and the production is amazing. Check out track 4 my personal fave. This is another one with the Electric Trio. Not for the faint of heart. Again if you liked the SG portions of the show, you will dig this record. Check out ID for more examples of Tims electric work. Live Puke and Astral Projection have vocals by Tim. Sanctuary also has vocals by Tim on some of it.

Beyond the TR releases, almost all of the CD's TR has played on have been discussed at one TIMe or another on the board. With a little patience, TIMe and elbow grease(and use of my fave feature on the board, the "SEARCH" feature, info about almost all of TR's performances listed on the discography page can be found somewhere on this message board. For instance:

Discussions on TULKU:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114

Happy searching! And if you can't find info always feel free to ask as I am quite experienced at the "SEARCH" feature and can locate past discussions on a topic for you. Ask anybody here, I just luvs ta link!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  04:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PS: When I have updates or new info, I POST IT. The TIMe everyone has spent with petty bickering and name calling could have been better spent reading an actual UPDATE. In case you missed it:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4025

Unfortunately, when there isn't any NEW info to post the board slows and there is no NEW info or updates to post. I am afraid there isn't always alot of NEW or INTERESTING info going with TR concerning his career. His down TIMe is spent with his family doing family things which I am obviously not going to post here as I consider that private and not the kind of material worthy of UPDATES. When TR gives me any info or news about a new project or just some more of his crazy ideas or a book he would like me to recommend to the board the info becomes an update. In the downTIMe between updates there is alot of wonderful information that can be garnered from a thorough search of old messages on the message board. Lots of interesting reading(and even alot of not so interesting info hehe). I am sorry if the TIMe I give to the board isn't enuf for everyone, but please keep in mind that my efforts on the board are totally voluntary, I do not get paid for this work or the TIMe spent here, and believe it or not, I do have a life that includes 3 other bands that I work for, a nightclub, a record store and a recording studio. When you juggle as many tasks in a week as me, then I will accept the criticism that my job on update is lacking. Have you ever seen Spinal Tap? Remember the tour managers rant at the band? Well that is the jist of it, only multiply it by 4 bands, and while trying to accomodate 4 bands and their touring schedules, try to schedule your 4 personal jobs as well when you are back at home. Good luck! Everyone seems to get a little part of me and unfortunately it never seems to be enuf for anyone. Guess theres just not enuf fluff to go around. And if you don't believe me, ask my girlfriend. WOOPS! I forgot, I don't have one of those as I don't seem to have enuf TIMe for a personal life beyond all this work. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I love my life and ALL my jobs, all I am trying to do is convey exactly how busy I am and why I don't react to well to criticism on the job I do. Funny, TR has no complaints, 9:30 Club has no complaints, Chris Whitley has no complaints, The(9)Nine have no complaints, BROCK has no complaints, etc etc etc OHHH and just so ya know, I about to take on another client The Watchers which will bring my grand total to 5 bands, 9:30 Club, Orpheus Records, LS&D Studios, and last but not least IMP Productions. So if there is anyone who juggles 11 jobs may he cast the first stone.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  10:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for breaking it on down Fluffy. Very well put.

"When one thing goes wrong, a hundred things go right!" - Ian the Tour Manager from Spinal Tap.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

ericclapton
Is Anybody Here?

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  1:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit ericclapton's Homepage  Send ericclapton an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all that info about the albums, Fluffy. That was exactly what I was look for.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  3:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad I could help in BOTH cases!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  8:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, updates and a new site coming!!!!! What more can you ask for? I'm going to drink a beer to celebrate.

Miss Sorrel, I care not to indulge in TR’s, or anyone’s for that matter, personal affairs. I’ll leave that for reality tv … yuck! I meant pictures (like the two gigs I attended, one like a year ago and one over a year and a half ago), studio updates, material to possibly be released, guest work on DM’s solo CD, etc. I’m a busy person (not as busy as Fluffy) and I’d rather see it on a news page than having to dig around a bunch of message boards.

Erich, I just got back from vacation and got your message. Are you serious?

Peace and yeah, yeah, yeah!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  03:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well ole Ralphy boy, you'll be happy to know that the new website will be setup alot better, according to Jon, and he is setting it up so I can post on the news page and post the pics myself so we don't have to wait for him to do it. Now all I have to do is LEARN how to do such tasks as I hoped I would never have to do. HEHE(God I hate computers!!)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  03:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I about to take on another client The Watchers

Hey, that's the new Fear Factory band right? I remember a while back you posted an mp3 of theirs/his(?), residual prescence I think it was, and I really dug it. Be sure to let me know if he decides to tour.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  06:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Ol' Ralph will put that wretched sausage in his mouth"

Name that quote!

Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  4:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, great news but it sure seems like you're overworked as is! My admiration fully goes out to you!

VWF, no idea on that quote ... what about a hint.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  9:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought fluffy might catch that.

It's a frank zappa quote from the cd "broadway the hardway"
which is probably my favorite zappa cd from what i've heard so far.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  04:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am way partial to "Confinement Loaf"!!!!

LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  2:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"feed him confinement loaf!"

"Anal sex...Anal sex.."

there's some good political ribbing on that cd, which is probably why i like it so much.

Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  11:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Titties and Beer" was my favorite off that LP. Man, classic Zappa! Oops ... now that I think about it "Titties and Beer" is from "Live in New York." Oh well, all Zappa is classic!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  06:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was the blackest night
There was no moon in sight
You know the stars ain't shinin'
'Cause the sky's too tight
I heard the scarey wind
I seen some ugly trees
There was a werewolf honkin'
'Long the side of me

I'm mean 'n I'm bad, y'know I ain't no sissy
Got a big-titty girly by the name of Chrissy
Talkin' about her 'n my bike 'n me...
'N this ride up the Mountain of Mystery, Mystery

I noticed even the crickets
Was actin' weird up here
And So I figured I might
Just drink a little beer
I said, *"Gimme summa that what yer suckin' on..."
But there was no reply
'Cause she was gone...

*"Where's those titties that I like so well
'n my goddamn beer!"*
Is what I started to yell, then I heard this noise
Like a crunchin' twig, 'n up jumped the Devil...he's about this big...

He had a red suit on
An' a widow's peak
An' then a pointed tail
'N like a sulphur reek
Yes, it was him awright
I sweared I knowed it was
He had some human flesh
Stuck underneath his claws
You know it looked to me
Like it was titty skin
I said, *"You sonofabitch!"*
'Cause I was mad at him,
Well he just got out his floss
'N started cleanin' his fang
So I shot him with my shooter
Said: BANG BANG BANG

Then the sucker just laughed 'n said, *"Put it away...
You know, I ate her all up...now what you
gonna say?"*
YOU ATE MY CHRISSY? *"Titties 'n all!"*
WELL, WHAT ABOUT THE BEER THEN, BOY? *"Were the cans
this tall?"
EVEN HER BOOTS? *"Would I lie to you?"*
SHIT, YOU MUSTA BEEN HUNGRY! *"Yes, this is true."*
WELL DON'T THEY PAY YOU GOOD FOR THE
STUFF THAT YOU DO?
*"Well, you know, I can't complain when the checks come through..."*

WELL I WANT MY CHRISSY, 'N I WANT MY BEER
SO YOU JUST BARF IT BACK UP NOW, DEVIL,
DO YOU HEAR?

*"Blow it out your ass, motorcycle man! I mean, I am the Devil,
Do you understand? Just what will you give me
for your
Titties and beer? I suppose you noticed this little
contract here..."* YER GODDAM RIGHT, YOU
SON-OF-A-WHORE,
*"Don't call me that"*
THAT'S ABOUT THE ONLY REASON
...GIMME THAT PAPER...BET YER ASS
I'll SIGN...
'CAUSE I NEED A BEER, 'N IT'S TITTY-
SQUEEZIN' TIME

*"Man, You can't fool me...you ain't that bad...
I mean you shoulda seen some of the souls I had...
Why there was Milhous Nixon 'n Agnew, too...
'n both
of those suckers was worse 'n you..."*

WELL, LET'S MAKE A DEAL IF YOU THINK
THAT'S TRUE
I MEAN, YOU'RE THE DEVIL, SO WHATCHA
GONNA DO?

(improvised dialog)
"Wait a minute...a tinge of doubt crosses my mind...when you say...
that you want to make a deal with me..."

"That's very, very true
I'm only interested in two things
*"Yeah?"*
See if you can guess what they are"

"I would think...uh...let's see, maybe Stravinsky..."

"I'll give you two clues. Let go of your pickle"

"What?"

"Let go of your pickle!"

"I'm not holding my pickle"

"Well, who's holding your pickle then?"

"I don't know...she's out in the audience...
Hey Dale, would you like to come up here and hold
my pickle to satisfy this weird man out on the stage?"

"I'm only interested in two things, and that's
titties and beer
you know what I mean?
*"What?"*
titties and beer
titties and beer
titties and beer
titties and beer
titties and beer
titties and beer
titties and beer!"
titties and beer!"
*"I don't know if you're the right guy?"*
titties and beer!"
titties and beer!"

*"No! Don't sign it! Give me time to think...
I mean hold on a second boy, 'cause that's magic ink!"

And then the devil let go of his pickle
and out come my girl, there was her titties
flop-floppin'...all around the world

She said "I got me three beers and a fistful of downs
and I'm gonna get ripped, so fuck, you clowns!"
Then she gave us the finger, it was rigid and stiff
That's when the devil, he farted
and she went right over the cliff!
The devil was mad, I took off to my pad
I swear I do declare, how did she get back there?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  09:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right on Fluffy! I haven't heard/read the entire set of lyrics to that song in years. Man, what memories it brings back! Thanks!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  5:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's actually one of the only zappa songs i don't like. The lyrics are too crude for me in spots, and it just doesn't sit well, which is rarety..the rest of LATHER is flippin' great tho!

Go to Top of Page

Ralph U Puke
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  12:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You should see the video. Frank pulls people out of the audience to get up on stage and he whips them pretending to be Warner Bros. while they are the artists.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000