Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tim to tour with Dave Matthews AND Trey?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  7:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
... looks like an interesting tour:

http://www.antsmarching.org/story.php?NewsID=174

It came up first on ami (from a different news source though), but i honestly trust ants more.

Granted, take it with salt till confirmation, but just imagine...

~pw'oikr
~( ">

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  7:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wrote a pretty nasty response to this at nancies... but i totally think this is BS. Trey would take time out of his schedule to help dave matthews go on tour, when he only co-wrote one song with dave matthews...and yet phish is just as big a band as dmb? I dunno, i could see tim doing something with dave, maybe...but not trey. just doesn't seem wise at all.

Trey just got back with phish, trey has his own big band side project, and he would not do any of that just to tour with dave matthews, on 1 song!!

eh, not buying it.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

DMBFanSJ
Try A Little Harder

78 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  8:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy...any info on this???
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  9:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't believe it myself...I'd like to be proved wrong with a national tour, but, I won't get my hopes up.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  9:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, the amazing D&T duo with Trey? hhhmmm

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  10:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That seems a little on the unbelievable side. Although I could see the three of them in collaboration three guitars would be kind of funky for all them to hook up good. It would be hard for all of them to be able to put in their stuff all at the same time. Plus why would they not anounce it now officially when it is such a short time away. Besides what would they play? Would it be trey's stuff dave'stuff or tim's? Trey doesn't seem like he would be interested in going on tour just to back dave when Tim does it fine (actually better than fine) and likewise for dave. I personally don't believe this but I'd buy tickets to the show because that would be some interesting stuff. Three guitars? If skynnard did it maybe they could.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  06:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IT seems much like a farce to me. I'm bashing some heads in over at nancies about it, cause it seems over there just about 90 percent of em believe it to be true.

Trey doesn't know too many dave songs, and likewise. Trey just got back together with phish, and the hiatus is over. Why, after a almost a year of being together, would he throw that away and do a tour with dave matthews, because he co-wrote ONE song on his new album. It just doesn't seem logical, and seems like a DMB fan based farce.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  12:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you know how i am with the rumour mill, but Jake is pretty damn tight with his news, and although Noel can probably have DMB play in his ego cause its big enough, his news is pretty tight as well. So, I take it with enough salt to accept that it may be wrong, but i do not think that someone like Jake would intentionaly say it as bullshit.

with that in mind, lets say its true for a moment. A short tour isnt going to disrupt Trey's schedual with Phish, much the same way a short tour wouldnt disrupt Tims solo work or Dave's work with DMB.

We'll see what happens.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  1:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've mentioned that maybe i could see trey doing 2 shows with dave matthews, or coming in to guest an encore at a DMB show...but i just can't see trey doing an actual tour with tim and dave..it just seems wrong, in many ways. Too many things don't add up with the sound of it.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  6:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should be intresting . . .

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  01:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now they say that Trey hasn't officially joined up yet, and that so far ten shows have been set up. Also that they will be playing arenas.

Yeah, I really can't believe that as of yet.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000