New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  04:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this one was mentioned before but I just saw it on Ticketmaster.

SEPT 16 TIM with Kaki King RamsHead Tavern, Annapolis MD

I goofed when I originally posted this, sorry. It is Sept not July

BTW tickets were not on sale yet through Ticketmaster

One for you to add to your site Erich!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  12:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I too noticed this, and I think the obvious question is... who is Kaki King??? Anyone know?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  12:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well I cheecked out her website and it appears that she may be somewhat of a female Tim Reynolds... well at least according to this little bit of her BIO which I will provide for everyone

quote:
Thumping bass lines, tapping melodies, and slapping percussion on her guitar, Kaki King is a one-woman force sent to wreak acoustic havoc. At 23, she is already a riveting performer, combining jaw-dropping technique with unique compositions. Though her style and tunings are suggestive of Michael Hedges, Kaki is more about the L train to Williamsburg than placid landscapes. Her playing has a passion and an edge that keeps her tenuously balanced, one foot in the acoustic world, the other in rock'n'roll.

sounds interesting! Her BIO also mntioned working with the Blue Man Group.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  12:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A female Tim Reynolds! Could the prophecies be true!?!?!?

Yoda Style: "No...there is another."

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  02:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
she's pretty good, more like Michael Hedges than Tim. Although I didn't really know her, she was 2 years ahead of me at my high school in Atlanta. I think she played at Bonnaroo.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page

DMBFanSJ
Try A Little Harder

78 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  8:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah she's not bad...uses a lot of strange tunings and percussion when she plays. I hear she plays up on the neck a lot as well. Her music doesn't sound much like Tim's to me, but if you want to hear some of her stuff I'd recommend downloading Happy As A Dead Pig or something like that, it's pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  09:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone hear of any other shows? Other than this one, the one in MA and the Blues Festival?

I really hope he comes to the Northeast while I am still well enough to see him. Crossing my fingers.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  2:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
she was in the new guitar world acoustic mag
she is an amazingly talented player, she does alot of tapping.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  5:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at a music store today and they had Kaki King's CD in one of those "Listen to this" display. So I did, and she's pretty dang talented. Very qualified to open up the Tim Show. I suggest everyone check her out. I'm going to buy the CD soon.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

maxthrewput
Is Anybody Here?

5 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  7:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maxthrewput an AOL message  Reply with Quote
saw kaki king @ a jazz fest club show opening for the dirty dozen brass band...she is very talented indeed! I would recommend checking her out.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  2:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else notice they took 9/16 with Kaki King at the Rams Head Tavern, Annopois MD off of Ticketmaster. It was there for awhile and then gone! Wonder what happened? Now it just says no dates set???

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  4:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Screw Ticketbastard.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  1:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
some synchronicity to report... Yesterday at work I was rummaging through the cabinet of PROMO cds and I found Kaki King's cd and took it home for free, haven't listened to it yet, but I definitely want to check it out.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  7:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And I can't go, because I'm only 15.

Hope the people that go have fun!

Tom|still thinking...

Not going anywhere for a while? Get a Sherpa.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  9:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JemezRollingStream

Tom|still thinking...

you originaly from nancies, tom?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  12:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
excellent.....two tom's better than one

btw how many Jason's or Jay's do we have on this board now, 5?
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  3:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

quote:

Tom|still thinking...

you originaly from nancies, tom?

Yeah...how'd you know?

Tom|hmmmmmm...

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  4:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hehe, this gave it away:

tom|(whatever current thought you have)

its a nancies thing . each board has its thing, it makes it unique, but also semi recognizable.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  4:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha! I never knew that! When did y'all make this discovery? What is your "Tom|______"?

Nancies is pretty nice, but they aren't showing the love for Tim. They constantly say "Timmy", so I made a little thread, and they were like (most of 'em that replied) "we'll call him what we want to" and "my names Tim and I don't mind being called Timmy". And my "Official Tim Reynolds thread" flopped.

Tom|I'm gonna sneak in with my pops, or my bro...

Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  5:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BTW-I'm DontBurnMyHome at nancies.org and SweadishPhish at flecktones.com

Tom

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  5:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im Erich across the boards (Erich w/ an h @ nancies, seems Erich was taken when i tried to reregister). I have a lot of respect for Waldo and Nancies as a site, but little for their members, so I asked Waldo to ban me. But i know what you mean, its hard to discuss Tim there, so thats why this is a great place. And we get the skinny on stuff first from fluffy :p

As for our little board quirk, id say it would be the Flaming Moe. 20+ posts make a thread burn, hense the name.

... speaking of which, my first flaming moe. booya!!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  5:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

As for our little board quirk, id say it would be the Flaming Moe. 20+ posts make a thread burn, hense the name.

Yeah, that confused me...A lot of boards have the flaming folder.

Tom

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  6:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

BTW-I'm DontBurnMyHome at nancies.org and SweadishPhish at flecktones.com

Tom

Well that helps a lot!!! i didn't know that!! what's up man??

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  6:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know that ID...Ryan? What's your ID at flecktones.com? I stopped posting there for about a month, just got bored, and I'm still 70 posts ahead of Denise! My 'rents think I should give sneeking in a shot, and if we get caught, we will try some persuation, if you know what I mean . I'm psyched for the Tones in DC! You going?

Tom

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  5:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm not on the flecktones boards, but i do know you from nancies, i'm wootenbass from there, and i've seen some good posts from ya over there. yoyo!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  5:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ah, nice.

Hey...I just noticed this...this thread hasn't been put onto a second page. Usually threads get a second page at 15 posts.

Tom|yoyo

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  5:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ah, nice.

Hey...I just noticed this...this thread hasn't been put onto a second page. Usually threads get a second page at 15 posts.

Tom|yoyo

a long while back, Jon S had the forum defaults set pretty low, like 10 per page and like 20 threads per page too or something ilke that. we told him to increase it... and now each tread page gets 100 posts. bit much, but thats another quirk of our place here

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000