New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2003 :  9:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just watched a great episode of book talk on c-span2 with noam chomsky. Personally I have only read one of his books, and a few articles and essays on the internet of Noam Chomsky. After finding out he is 74 years old, has written 98 books, and has the most agile political mind i've ever seen on tv, I am convinced he is the smartest man alive!

NOAM CHOMSKY FOR PRESIDENT!! (even tho he's not running, nor would want to run probably for that matter)

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2003 :  11:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i saw yesterdays show, (part of it) where al franken and bill o'riley were on the same panel together. Al's new book "Lies, and the lying lyers who tell them" (which has a picture of O'Riley on the cover) was being discussed. and O'Riley got really pissed of and started bashing franklin, but not by quoting facts, by just calling him names and saying his book is dumb. It is pretty amusing, but also pretty sickening that some people believe everything O'Riley says with out question.

Michle More is on it now. will talk about what he has to say later.

Also they had the guy who crated and writes boondocks on yesterday, he was great.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2003 :  9:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I had seen Noam! He is truly an amazing man!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2003 :  9:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn, I too wish I'd have seen Noam, and Michael Moore on there... both are favorites of mine. Hope to hear your thoughts St. Jude.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2003 :  11:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just caught the last bits of Michles interview, he talked about his next book, tenatively titled "Dude, where's my country?". All i saw was a caller asked him how he felt about being booed at the oscars, and he said he felt fine, because some booed, and some stood and cheered. thats all i cought, :(. maybe it will be on again at some point.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2003 :  11:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2003-06-01-book-expo_x.htm

an article about the O'Reilly Franken arguement.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  12:42:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd trust Bill O'Reilly before I ever trusted Al Franken. And I would've reacted the same way O'Reilly did if someone was standing there calling me a liar and going over the time limit.

And as for Michael Moore, I'll use an old favorite from Xar...

He makes me sick...

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  11:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
personally my views on bill o'reily is that he's a jerk that trys to say he's independent when's he's obviously a conservative all the way. Al franken, he's just hilarious, but i wouldn't trust him too far on politics. I read one of his books, and i enjoyed it, but I still wouldn't trust him in politics too much.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having read O'Reilly's book, I'd say he is definitely an independent in his political beliefs.

And Al Franken is a funny guy. I remember his stuff from SNL oh so many years ago.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2003 :  10:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

personally my views on bill o'reily is that he's a jerk that trys to say he's independent when's he's obviously a conservative all the way. Al franken, he's just hilarious, but i wouldn't trust him too far on politics. I read one of his books, and i enjoyed it, but I still wouldn't trust him in politics too much.

Independent means he doesn't follow a specific party. Bill O’Reilly is an independent. He is a conservative independent.

I like O’Reilly, he does not play around. Marilyn Manson was on his show once and he admitted that he thought he would hate him. However, he told MM that he was very suprised and thought he was an intelligent and well-spoken person.

Al Franken's lip was trembling and he was yelling too. I like some of Al's work but he was way out of line. That was not the proper forum for that outburst. They were there to promote their books, that is it. They were not there to yell at each other.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000