James Taylor CD?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayk54
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  06:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone here check out the new James Taylor CD? Theres a new song on it called Bittersweet that I absolutely love!

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  10:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I assume you're referring to October Road. If that's the case, I'm only familiar with the title track thus far.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  10:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  11:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i need to get that cd, i have a few random cds with cameos of james taylor(like michael brecker, herbie hancock). I enjoy the dude's works tho!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  12:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I swear that man does not believe in a pick, lol. I can't think of a single song he's written that isn't finger picked. I'm sure there's something out there, but I can't recall one off the top of my head.

I enjoy his music as well. His greatest hits is a great compilation in my opinion.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  12:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same birthday as JT(3/12),... like it matters,... just sayin' though,... I do
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  1:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have the same birthday as Lance from N'SYNC!!! Awesome!!! Wait, not really.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  1:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoy it, but I can't say it's my favorite album of his.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  9:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I beat Final Fantasy X yesterday, and as I watched the credits roll by, it said that James Taylor was the voice actor for the main character Tidus. Of course, after listening to him complain for 40 or so hours in the game, I knew it wasn't the same person.....but it was still an interesting coincidence.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

jayk54
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2003 :  5:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have u guys heard his new track Bittersweet on the Best of JT album? What do you guys think of that track?
Go to Top of Page

jayk54
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  3:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just FYI guys, I got tickets to see JT in Oct, which means he's on tour! Go get your tickets!
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2003 :  5:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking of seeing him in July, but I dunno if I'll be able to get decent seats. Ebay here I come I guess.

Go to Top of Page

jayk54
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2003 :  4:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone see James Taylor play with Dixie Chicks this past weekend on VH1 Crossroads? They did a great set of all JT songs!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2003 :  12:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got another coupon for discounts on CD's at Best Buy so I am going to go there this weekend, maybe tomorrow and buy that CD. I will let you know what I think of Bittersweet.

I love James Taylor. I am a huge Carly Simon fan as well. Ahhhh, the memories they bring back!

BTW I gave birth on John Lennon's birthday, does that count for anything? hehehehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2003 :  11:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I went to Best Buy tonight, I bought the CD along with 4 others and I must say I am loving it! As for Bittersweet, you are right, it is a wonderful song!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000