Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Dredg
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever heard of these guys? They are OK.. I'm going to see them tomorrow night in Hollywood at the Viper Room (21 + clubwhere all the movie stars hang out). One of co-workers is obsessed with them and I've started to dig their cd that she plays all the time at work. But I'm pretty excited to be going to my first show at the Viper Room! I'll have a report up in two days!

god
Kevin

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, what's the skinnny?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Their new cd is pretty good... and the guys are pretty artsy... here is a link to their site.. although its a bit hard to navigate...

www.dredg.com

here is what amazon has to say...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006IU65/qid=1041581931/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-2973902-9523912?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the links(I think HEHE)boy is that website HARD to navigate. I guess you warned me though, but I think it is a little to artsy for it's own good. I couldn't find out anything about them. I read the reviews on the amazon page but the only indicator to style compared them to Radiohead and Tool. Is this accurate? R they like a cross between these 2 bands. If they are, I should be hot on the heels of checking them out. That sounds really kewl. LMK what you think Kev.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:32:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate it when there is no bio of the band on their website. How are you supposed to find out about the band. Damn artsy-fartsy bands. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, the music itself is pretty melodic along the lines of Radiohead and Tool, in fact, that is how my co-worker compares them... and the lead singer has a kind of 80's -ish voice. Some of those reviews are a bit exaggerated though. The cd is very well produced however. It was recorded at George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, it has now been added to THE LIST!!! I love checking out new music. Keep watching, I have a few I am going to be posting about very soon.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  03:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now can we get something done about their website? HEHE

Try and meet them and tell them they need a bio on that page and needs to be easier to navigate. Some of us are so artsy-fartsy-computer inclined.(Read: ME)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  02:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The show was VERY impressive. It was cool, being it the Viper Room since it was my first concert at a nice Hollywood, 21+ club where celebs hang out. The band themselves did a great job, I thought that they wouldnt be able to sound like they do on their cd but BOY was I wrong. I have even more respect for them now.

Sorry, I didnt get to talk to them about the website but I did a little navigating and found an mp3 and music video of their to download so you can check out their sound.

http://boss.streamos.com/real/interscope/dredg/elcielo/audio/00_sameolroad.ram

http://boss.streamos.com/real/interscope/dredg/elcielo/video/sameolroad/00_sameolroad.ram

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  12:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You mean HOB doesn't count as a cool Hollywood club?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  4:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha.. HOB was indeed a very special night, but I was just saying that the viper room was a unique expirience since I just turned 21 and it was the first 21+ club that I've (legally) attended.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  2:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I checked out my first Dredg CD at work yesterday. It was their earlier CD not the new one. I was impressed. Not enuf to pick it up on first listen but I added to my STACK and will listen to it a couple more TIMes and decide. I will let you know what I decide. Glad you liked the show. Maybe they will play 9:30 club and I can see them live. It wouldn't be the first TIMe that it took a live show to bring me around to a band. Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike it, I just wasn't drastically moved on first listen, but I quite enjoyed it and plan on playing it somemore to see if it grows on me. Thanx for the recommendation and review.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  4:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, I only heard thier old cd once, and I wasnt all that impressed... The newer cd is drastically different. If you have time, check out that mp3 I posted a few lines up... it demostrates their newer sound.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  10:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No can do. mp3's don't work for me. I can't figure them out. HEHE I am pretty computer illiterate. I am old school, CD's or nothing. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  10:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, Fluffy, Fluffy. Do you have RealPlayer or WinAMP? If so, all you have to do is download the file to your temp folder and then open it using either of those utilities. (I think.)

teri
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  10:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I don't know!!! Maybe that is contributing to my not being able to use or play MP3's

Just visit http://www.real.com and download their free player. (It's a plug-in, I think.) It should do the rest.

teri
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  11:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
19! Have...to wait...one...minute.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  11:10:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! What just happened!? It was at 18..I should've given it the 19th...I refresh, its up to 21!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  11:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa, nevermind.........

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  11:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i LOVE the delete button!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  11:27:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FLAMING MOE Anyone????

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  4:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is that one TRULY #20 then?

teri :)
The anti-MOE
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  2:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep, look at the post count and count backwards. This post should be #22 unless someone goes and deletes a post. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  3:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We are a great brother/sister team!

teri :)
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  3:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
INDEED!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2003 :  01:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ahhh, ok, well next time you are in So Cal, maybe your sister or I can give you a quick tutorial and set you up with what you need so that you can play mp3s

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2003 :  04:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And maybe a faster computer and high speed connection. I think it isn't just my skills that are suffering here. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2003 :  2:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahah! I knew there was a good thread about these guys.. well we went to go see them again last week in hollywood at the Roxy theatre. I think I enjoyed the show a bit more (musically) because I was more familiar with the songs. I still encourage everyone to check out their newest cd "El Cielo".

One other note, is that we saw Kelly Osborne hanging out in front of the club before we went in, and we saw her head in to the Roxy so she must be a Dredg fan!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000