Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Audioslave review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  01:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This past Monday I went to see Audioslave at the Hollywood Palladium (billed as a homecoming show). I meant to post sooner but as this past week was finals week for me I was pretty busy. Anyways the show absolutlely ROCKED! Tom Morello is a MONSTER and I saw him do a few things that I've never even seen Tim do. During the encore they did a cover of RUSH's "Working Man" which I think I was the only person who knew the song. Aside from that they played 12 of the 14 songs off their cd, and 2 or 3 new ones, and Cornell did an acoustic solo rendition of What's so bad about Peace. Also, they had a HUGE peace sign as a backdrop and Tom Morello made two hand written signs that he had posted on stage one of which said "Somewhere in Texas a village lost its IDIOT" and another that read "How many Iraqis per gallon?" The show was general admission so I was able to get fairly close up. Definatley a rocking show... I read a review in the LA Times the next day that said that the show solidified the band from being two groups thrown together to a tightly knit group that will be around for a while... I tend to agree with that review.

god
Kevin

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  1:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn, I wish I'd get to see them live. Their CD was ALL I listened to when I got it, and has recently been replaced by Chaos View. Audioslave will make its comeback in my CD player though, splitting the time 50/50 with Tim once Chaos View is done amazing me beyond words.

Adam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000