tericee leaving North America...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  01:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Guess what? I just found out that my next assignment will be in Germany. Starting in June everyone can send ME the free postcards because I'll have an APO address!

teri

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  06:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Teri,June? That's sooner than you expected right? Make sure you give us the address because you will get those postcards for sure!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  07:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is exciting news!! You must be psyched! My old housemate lived there for 2 years recently and he really liked it esp the bakery shops. His eyes would glaze over as he descibed all the goodies. HeeHee! How long are you staying? Hope you get TIMe to visit all the castles. Bring a digital camera and post lots of pics for us.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  2:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good idea on the digital camera. Maybe Fluffy is ready to upgrade and I can have his.

I should be there at least two years!

teri
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  3:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, two years, that's a long TIMe! Would you get a chance to come back to the states to at least visit?

Nothing against Germany, and it probably isn't fair of me to judge since I only spent day trips there, but even though it was beautiful (as was Switzerland where I stayed for 2 weeks) I didn't like it nearly as much as Spain.

I couldn't handle the food there. I was staying with friends and it was all I could do to eat some of the food they served. Evergreen is right about the pastries etc, but you can only eat so much of that. I am also not a beer drinker so Spain and sangria was more to my liking.

I know it isn't all about the food, hehe, but after a few days I was getting pretty hungry and I just couldn't stand their cooking! I didn't want to be rude so I ate it and then felt sick. One good thing, I guess on base you can get regular food, plus you can cook your own so you can still eat pretty much the same things as here.

I also liked Spain because they still closed down the businesses and such for a few hours in the afternoon so I would take a nap and that suited me just fine because dinner was usually at 10:00 and I always went out afterwards. Best time of my life!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  5:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Spain was actually my first choice, but there's very little U.S. military presence there anymore. A friend of mine is going to be an exchange officer there for a year starting in May so I'm hoping to visit him and his wife at least once.

The only time I've been out of the U.S. (not including Canada/Mexico) was in high school on a whirlwind trip to Spain. Of course we saw ten cities in five days (or something like that) so I don't remember much except that I enjoyed it!

I don't like beer either, but I'm told southern Germany is good wine country. I know my friends Joe and Teri became German wine snobs when they were stationed over there. I will aspire to that as well. :)

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  5:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, hope to see you (perhaps on the Chris Whitley tour) before you leave. You had better keep in touch with us while you are over there in Rammstein country.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  5:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If I can get high-speed Internet over there, I'll probably post at least as much (or as little?) as I do now. If it's dial up only, I'm not so sure...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000