Ah...Dave Barry ROCKS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  8:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I bought a Dave Barry book...Just a collection of his articles...ah it's so damn funny....here's an excerpt:

" When I was your age, I was drinking Sunshine Premium brand beer (Motto: "Made from Ingredients") for 2.39 a CASE!!!"

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  3:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to check his books out. I've heard people talk about him before, but have never read anything of his.

I really enjoy Michael Moores books too.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  3:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My parents used to always read Dave's books and stuff. I've read a couple, pretty good stuff. I liked his novel alot, "Big Trouble," I haven't seen the movie yet though...

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  5:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is his stuff comperable to Michael Moore's? I am a HUGE MM fan, so if it is similar, then I'll be sure to check it out.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  7:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All I can say is that he is quite possibly the funneist person alive today...Definately check him oot...I got his book " Not taking the sitting down" for 3 bucks at the same place I got my Vintage Gordon Lightfoot albums....for three bucks...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000