New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mase
Is Anybody Here?

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  03:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first off, just for the record there are a lot of great fans out there, both for dave and for tim, but i have never in my life seen such a disregard or disrespect for someone as i have seen for tim or for dave, ok tim is a close friend and is one of the coolest and nicest people ive ever known, its a pleasure to work with him too, but to my shock i went to a few other message boards and most of them were so selfish to the fact that tim is sick, they posted that it was an inconvienve and were pissed the shows were cancelled,(like they were actually mad at tim) OK THE FUCKIN GUY IS SICK, i mean jesus , give a guy a break, ive never seen tim cancel a show, ive seen him play sick, ive seen him play tired, ive seen him continuously play no matter what, he is one of the toughest people i know, shit just give him a little coffe (starbucks) and the guy is all set,,now i have seen a lot of respect for him on this site, which is great and you fans are awsome, but tell others to have a little respect for this situation, go to some other boards and tell people to have a heart and think of others, i think we have all been sick with somthing in our lives that has kept us from work too, and all we wanted to do is get better, so maybe people in general can get there heads out of there selfish asses and think of others,,this is an odd time in the world,,,its about time people stand together and help others out,,be a little nicer, tell someone you love them, give em a hug, ,,,fuck,,,just do somthing good,,,the world can be a better place, and tim will get better and the show will go on, so with all that said,,,GO DO SOMTHING POSITIVE AND DONT BE SELFISH... ive met a lot of you guys while on tour and your great,,,go spread a little positive vibe with others,,,thanks and luv to you all, and tim will be back soon,,

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  05:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mason, I already went over to nancies and if you know me you know I NEVER do that! I did that last night.

Hey BTW didn't see any real negative shit there. Must be somewhere else because other than some understandable confusion as to the validity of the facts, they were all wishing TIM well. Went to antsmarching too, didn't see anything negative there either.

Sorry Mason, I would post something if I knew where you want it posted. If you want us to reply then you will have to be more specific, some of us don't routinely visit DMB websites.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  08:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know mase, I would say something in reply to that, but you pretty much summed everything up. There are some extremely self-righteous people who could give a flying fuck what their actions, words, or even thoughts convey. You are absolutely right and I'm gonna go on a little "crusade" shall we say. I'm gonna use this thread to refer some of those people to (unless that wouls be "un-kosher.")
I hope that Tim gets well soon and its nothing serious. This is a really bad season for sickness, everyone's sick here in Annapolis MD. I understand.
Hope you get better soon Tim!!! LOL!!!

-Adam

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mason, I just went into nancies again and posted on a thread that was starting about replacements for TIM on the Dave/TIM tour.

Hopefully I squashed it in a nice way. I was pretty pissed that they started that but I know they didn't mean it as something against TIM.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, Damn no wonder you get so pissed at the nancies board!!!!!!!!!

I tried to stop that post I mentioned above, really, I did, but they are soooooo ignorant over there they could care less and kept on posting like I never said a thing.

I wrote an email to Waldo, but doubt he will read it.

Sorry Mason, I can't go into those sites again, they are fucking assholes!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  10:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmm.....that wasn't as nearly as bad as I thought it would be. You guys were hyping that up too much. Damn you.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  11:23:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Amen.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  11:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen is right. Let it go! Lets not have repeat of a few weeks ago.
Tim probably just has a bad flu. Some people make it sound like he's dying for Christ sakes. The drama oh the drama!!!A peaceful collective hope that he's better soon thats all we should be talking about!
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  1:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i no longer have any association with the dmb boards.

Much love and respect to tim, i hope hes better soon.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  2:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As much as I would like TIM to get more props, I don't think dmb boards are the place to do it. The majority of those people aren't too concerned with anything TIM-related unless it's dave-related, so it's kind of a lost cause. Scanning through the TIM-relaed threads today, you get the idea that a lot of people have no idea what goes on over here...people not believing Fluffy is TIM's tour manager and that Mase is some kind of scam artist selling bootleg dvds...WTF?!? Not to mention that in general they are pretty rude and disrespectful towards each other. I don't see the point in reaching out to people like that; if they want TIM news, let them come here, not vice-versa.

I'm all with ya Mase for positive vibes, but those boards aren't the place to get them.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  4:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evergreen, sorry for what you think was dramatics. I didn't think I was being dramatic in fact I was just trying to say in a nice way that they should refrain from talking about replacing TIM on his upcoming tour with Dave for the very reason that I don't think he is so sick he won't be well by the time the tour kicks off.

They are holding off sending out the tickets but that seems to make sense because they don't have to send them off now and there is no reason to rush them out if indeed the tour would have to be changed in some way.

What annoyed me is that I asked that in a nice way and they kept on posting, totally ignoring me. I don't plan to post on that site or any other DMB sites again, so you don't have to worry.

I think Waldo changed the tone of that thread and I am grateful to him for that. I agree with you 100% that we just want to wish TIM well and hope he gets better soon.

Again, not trying to be dramatic, just trying to keep the peace. Found out the hard way it isn't worth it.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  4:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Waldo is by far one of my favourite people in the dmb community. I would rather stay away from nancies and ants and such than bother people like waldo with my attitude.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  4:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear you Erich

Go to Top of Page

pennstatebiker
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  8:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pennstatebiker's Homepage  Send pennstatebiker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
I'm new here, I had never noticed that TR had a message board until I came to find out info on the new DVD. Weird, I guess I was blind when I visited TR.com in the past. Hahah. Well, I have been a long time DMB fan, and listening to Stream for the first time is what turned me onto Tim, and drove me to pick up a few of his CD's. I saw him live when he came here to State College last fall, and (of course) he was amazing. I guess I am one of the few people who realizes that Tim has a career in music outside of tDMB, and apparently many people at the show didn't realize that because they left after a couple songs. I knew what to expect, and I was very pleased. I even got to see him after the show and get an autograph. Thanks, Tim!

Anyway, I love the Dave Matthews Band, I am a huge fan, and I used to go to the DMB message boards. But I can't stand them anymore, because they are cannibals. They crap on other DMB fans for no good reason. They are selfish, greedy @$$holes, and think they are a bigger, smarter, more hardcore fan than anyone else. It's a shame they give a bad rep to other DMB fans. Waldo is doing good things with the nancies.org website (I can't say anything about the boards because I don't visit them), so I commend him for providing a reliable, informed news source for DMB info - I visit the main page regularly. Even friends of mine on a DMB mailing list thought the post about Tim being sick was a hoax, mainly because they didn't know who Fluffy is. I filled them in, and they understand now. At least they were mature enough to ask about it, instead of spreading rumors and saying bad stuff. It's just a real shame that there are some DMB fans that don't know much about Tim, yet they will talk crap on the boards and spread nasty rumors. And to top that off, most of the posts on the DMB boards are DMB "fans" bashing the own band they claim to love. I guess some people don't know how to act mature and reasonable, and just be at peace with themself and with others.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share my thoughts and mention that I like the vibe here a lot better than other boards.

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

pennstatebiker
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  8:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pennstatebiker's Homepage  Send pennstatebiker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pennstatebiker

I guess I am one of the few people who realizes that Tim has a career in music outside of tDMB

I wanted to say that I am "one of the few DMB fans who realizes that Tim has a career in music outside of tDMB." I know that most of you know this =)

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  9:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Pennstatebiker, Welcome. You've come to the right place!

What year are you in? My son is a freshman there (Pollock Halls). Now that I had a job change and can actually take personal time off I will be up to the Crowbar if and when TIM ever plays there again. I LOVE State College!!!! Froze my butt off at the PSU/MSU game last fall. Love to hang out at Damons! Ok, I am getting off topic, hehe

So glad you found your way here. Hope you stick around. We are a lot more fun here than over at............oh yeah I said I wasn't going to say anything about the "other" board. hehehe

Go to Top of Page

pennstatebiker
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  02:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit pennstatebiker's Homepage  Send pennstatebiker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am also a freshman, living in East Halls. I love the town and the university. Damons is great, I go there with my grandparents (who live in town) to eat sometimes.

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  09:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool Dave, what's your major? Where are you from? (general area)

Most freshman are stuck in east halls, my son just lucked out with Pollock but not with his roommate. Next year he will hopefully be rooming with his friend, who is also at east halls this year.Did you get a dorm for next year? I didn't know they did that stupid lottery thing, my son and his friend got housing for next year. Jr year they will get an appt. Hey, what other kinds of music do you like? My son wants to be a rock star, hehehe Told him to humor me first with a degree. Since he was just invited to be in the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, I can't complain. Better stop all this PSU talk before Fluffy or Jon "yells" at me and tells me to take it to the other side, hehe

OK Lets see,how can I tie TIM in to PSU???? Oh yeah, he played there! hehe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000