Colorado 03 TR Acoustic TouR...short, but SWEET
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  01:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, we finally have the confirmed dates for the shows surrounded the earlier announced Vilar Center show. There are only 5 dates unfortunately and they are all in the CO area. I am told there will be no dates added to this string of dates so if you can make one of these shows I would highly advise it. These will be acoustic shows with Greg Howard opening most of, if not all of the dates. That has yet to be confirmed, but is most likely looking very good. As I have more info I will post it here and to the email list as always.

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 2/27/2003
ARTIST: Tim Reynolds
VENUE: 32 Bleu PHONE: 719.955.5664
32 South Tejon St
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
CAPACITY: 600 TICKET PRICE: $12.00
DOORS: 8pm AGES: 21+
PERF LENGTH: 1@90 min PERF. TIME: 9pm

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 2/28/2003
VENUE: Bluebird Theater PHONE: (303) 333-7749
3317 E. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80206-
CAPACITY: 550 TICKET PRICE: $12adv $14dos
PERF LENGTH: 1@90min PERF. TIME: 9pm

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 3/1/2003
VENUE: Fox Theatre PHONE: (303) 447-1545
1135 13th Street
Boulder, CO 80302
CAPACITY: 625 TICKET PRICE: $14 inc 5%city tax/$1.50 fac fee
DOORS: 8:30pm AGES: All
PERF LENGTH: 1@90min PERF. TIME: 9:00pm

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 3/2/2003
VENUE: Aggie Theater PHONE: (970) 482-8300
204 S. College Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80521
CAPACITY: 650 TICKET PRICE: $10
PERF LENGTH: 1@90 min PERF. TIME: 9pm

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 3/3/2003
VENUE: Vilar Center for the Arts PHONE: 970-845-5858
Vilar Center Arts Foundation 68 Avondale Lane
Beaver Creek, CO 81620
CAPACITY: 530 TICKET PRICE: $35
DOORS: 7:00pm AGES: all ages show
PERF LENGTH: 1@90mins PERF. TIME: 7:30pm

As always, please confirm all info about shows with the venue. Things change and I would hate for anyone to miss out on these very special shows. ENJOY!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  02:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
great, this is awsome fluffy! im still hoping to catch a show or two if im in the area, maybe i can save up enough by then, who knows...

btw, im going to throw you an email in a few minutes regarding the show saturday. hope to see ya :)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  04:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would like to request that anyone taping these shows also tape Greg Howard's sets. We need to get more of his shows out there on the archive and whatnot.

Besides, I need the "research" for this upcoming April when I get my Stick...

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  4:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn, there's no way I'm getting to any of those. I might just have to cry.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  03:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The info for the 03 01 03 show at the Fox Theater in Boulder CO has been posted above. Please see my first post on this thread!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  8:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I live about 10 minutes away from The Blue Bird Theater and it's a 21 and older show, so now I can't go . Im so sad. I guess I'll go see Tim up at the Fox
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  8:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Who else is going to these shows?
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  9:57:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a good friend in C. Springs. If I'm not chained to my desk I'll try to make it to a show or two.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  9:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT so the world does not forget TR has a tour of his own coming up.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  11:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I would MUCH rather attend one or all of the Colorado shows! I am one of few on the board who is not particularly interested in a Tim/Dave concert. Still its the only chance to see Tim on the east so I am going to try for tickets to the NYC show. (Even though chances of getting them are slim to none that I will get any.)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  02:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah... I am a fan of both Tim and Dave, and Tim solo... A duo show would be perfect in my opinion if the only people in attendance were like me, and knew how to control themselves and just take in the music rather than having to be obnoxious... :)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  4:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In my humble opinion, and for the sake of the folks here who are attending, I hope I am wrong, but I see these shows as being way worse than the disasterously annoying shows of 99. Dave and DMB have only gotten bigger and bigger since the last D&T tour and there will be a larger demand for tickets and also larger chance of there being an undesirable element at these shows with Dave getting so huge now. I wish there was a way to assure tix to the hardcore fans and weed out the "wanna make the scene" people but I don't see a way to do that except for the possibility of instituting a "NO TALKING" policy at the shows. I hope for all your sakes, I am wrong about the level of misbehavior at the shows, but unfortunately, I am a pessimist. I hope everyone who gets to go enjoys them because audience-aside, they should be wonderful shows MUSICALLY.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  6:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy, a far as the CO dates go.. what is the setup looking like? Is it going to be enirely acoustic... or maybe a few baritone or electric numbers like the nomadic tour saw? will there be any video screens to go along with the acoustic songs, or drum machines for acoustic songs like my shadow? Just curious, THANKS!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  6:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn, I'm so pissed off, I live in Colorado and can't go to any of the shows.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  8:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that because of the age thing? Regardless it would piss me off too.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  12:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomasode

Damn, I'm so pissed off, I live in Colorado and can't go to any of the shows.

Exactly how young are you thomasode? The one at 32 Bleu says 18+ and the Fox Theater says Limited all ages. The one in Beaver Creek is all ages; do you have a car (or somebody to drive you)?

teri
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  12:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I am a pessimist. I hope everyone who gets to go enjoys them because audience-aside, they should be wonderful shows MUSICALLY.

I'm with you on the pessimism. I will be attending at least one of those shows, even if I have to pay it off for six months. I have no doubt that the music will be phenomenal. I do worry about the fans though. You never know...maybe the "make the scene" folks won't realize exactly how difficult it's going to be to get tickets and all the hardcore fans will attend.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  5:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm 14, I have no ride up to Boulder (friend bailed out on me). I live about 10 minutes from the Bluebird Theater and can't go to that one (21+). No ride to Avon either, so I can't go to any of Tim's shows in Colorado this TIMe around.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  5:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SYCHRONISTICALLY speaking, while I was typing Tericee's Marathon post on the other forum, she asked me to check and see if thomasode had answered her question on this thread. When I finished I clicked over here and checked and he had not. Within minutes, while I was still chatting with Tericee, I refreshed and thomasode had answered. Sychronicity? I THINK SO!! Also, as I typed the intro to Tericee's Marathon post, I ended with "from Teri's corner. She was calling from her car and as I said it outloud as I typed, she said that's funny, there is a shop called The Corner Shop right in front of me as you typed that, only it's spelled with a "K". I was not surprised.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  5:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Strange Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2003 :  7:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe anyone?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  10:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin Lesko asked:
quote:
Hey Fluffy, a far as the CO dates go.. what is the setup looking like? Is it going to be enirely acoustic...
Talked to TR today and the answer is.....6 string and 12 string, with some pedals of course, but barring any last minute surprises that should be it. TR has been getting really excited at the acoustic prospect by listening to Ralph Towner, something he considers to be quite inspiring on the verge of the acoustic shows. He said he was getting quite excited about dragging out some songs that have been neglected for a while. As he picked up the acoustic he discoved a world of possibities. Should we be surprised? HEHE

He did not give me any specifics on song choices so I can't answer the what will he play questions, but it should be a nice surprise. What are some you guys would want to hear. just curious

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Strange Fluffy

Yes, thomasode, Fluffy is strange. But we love him anyway! In fact, perhaps that's what makes him so lovable.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See Strange Fluffy
Strange Fluffy, Strange!

STRANGE!!

as in Albert Strange? HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

He did not give me any specifics on song choices so I can't answer the what will he play questions, but it should be a nice surprise. What are some you guys would want to hear. just curious

the return of the 12 string Doom, since i dont like the Bari version as much. Um... i got my wish and heard him play smile very briefly in Canton, but i would want to see that anyday too. I think some older accoustic tracks like Smile/Reliable Sources/Imperminance should get brough back (i know imperminance is played sporaticaly, but not enough ), maybe even some Gossip era stuff like There Is No Judgement and Imaginary Time. If i were to see him tomorrow and had the choice of 3 songs to add to his set, id say Doom, Smile, and something NEW .

By the way, I'll sleep better at night if someone tells me Mason is recording the CO run. that way i can accept the prospect that i most likely cant go

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh! or Drunk Roadrunner. fun song :)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would assume thats the case, as I will be staying with Mason, and he will be accompanying me to the shows. I can't imagine he would go and not record them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  11:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich, did you change your AIM name? You never come up on my buddy list.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  01:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nope, i just hide a lot more now. Theres something about 15 people wanting to IM you at once that intimidates me too much. I should come on more though...

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  5:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can Anyone B&P me one of these shows?
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  5:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Can Anyone B&P me one of these shows?

... they didnt happen yet

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  6:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know, but when they are recorded (if there recorded), can someone B&P me a copy. Thats what I was saying.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  7:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If i get a copy i'll be happy to. But for now just wait till after the shows happen. Also keep in mind how sllllllllooooooow it is sometimes to circulate certain recordings, so dont be surprised if we dont see them well after the shows pass. thank god for the archive.

Good time to bring it up then, if fluffy comes back to check this thread again: if mase records the shows in March (which im sure he will), tell him to try and get them up to the archive in audio format if he could (video isnt accepted yet). Thats the best way to spread shows at this time. I emailed him but i know hes busy, so he might not have time to reply. If he needs a hand there are many people here willing to help (Me, Jason, Kevin, etc...)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  9:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As I mentioned elsewhere, I will mention it to Mase. I don't know if he will be doing audio or just shooting with the video camera. I would guess he will want to do audio as well. I will find out the details of his plan. Sounds to me like we may get at least one or maybe more than one multi-camera shoot out of this run of dates. Keep your fingers crossed.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2003 :  6:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT as the shows are approaching quite rapidly. Hope to see alot of folks turn out for these rare acoustic performances, not to mention the added bonus of Greg Howard opening. Should be some fantastic shows without the high cost of T&D tix.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2003 :  01:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Also, I would like to reiterate my request for someone to tape Greg Howard. If possible, on video? I'll settle for audio too...Thank you.

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  08:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT since its happening now, maybe some lucky people in Colorado will see this and go to one (or more) of the shows. Sure wish I was there!

Hey Thomasode, did you ever work things out so you could get to one of the concerts? I really hope you can get to one or that Fluffy could sneak you into the one near you!

Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  09:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya it never worked out. My brother couldnt drive me up to Boulder for The Fox show and I never talked to Fluffy about the one @ The Bluebird. I guess I'll catch Tim next TIMe he's intown.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  10:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear that.....it really sucks!!! Wonder why Fluffy didn't follow up on things when it was brought up before and Teri was wondering if you couldn't get in because of your age???? He was surely aware of it. Even if he tried but he couldn't do anything for you, which could be the case, it would have been nice for him to let you know. Or did he email you?

If I was going to one of the shows as I had originally planned to do, I would have given you a ride. Things just didn't work out for me either. Sorry,

Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  11:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya Fluffy never talked to me about it. I thought that the venue had the say on age? Now that I look at my calander I have a Hockey game that night too. Man this just isn't workin out haha. I guess Im gonna catch Tim next TIMe he's out in Colorado. oh well
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  1:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The venue does have the say on age, but there are ways to get around it. Some venues are easier to work with in that respect then others.I think it also depends on how strict the state and local laws are.

Since you have a hockey game the same night, I would say it just wasn't meant to be. Hope you at least win your game!

I was so disappointed that I couldn't go, but my dad is quite ill and as much as I wish I was out there, I am glad I didn't book the trip because now is not a TIMe I want to be far from home.

Did you at least get to order the dvd???? And I am sure he will be touring again before you know it.

Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  1:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks PJK. It was kinda wierd I wonder why the Bluebird made Tim's show 21+? Because its not a 21+ venue. I wish I could be there but it wont happen, so thanks again.
Im ordering the DVD tonight too.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  2:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh very cool about the dvd....you are so lucky because you should get it fast! Geez Mason could practically hand deliver yours! If you get it soon, let me know what you think. Mine should arrive any time now. I assume Mason got my money order last week.....sure hope so.

Hummmm so the Bluebird is not a 21+ venue eh? I bet the venue saw big bucks in alcohol sales and set it that way for what is sure to be a sell out crowd. Not sure exactly how that works but from a strictly marketing viewpoint that would be my guess.

Pam

.....Hey and let me know if you win your game! What position do you play? I love hockey. My son plays. He was in a league of 18-25 year olds before he turned 18 and their team and another team got thrown out because of a huge fight that erupted. First thing my husband said to my son was "did you get some punches in?" Ah yes, ya gotta love testosterone! (he didn't, as luck would have it he was on the bench when it broke out)

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  4:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS

All 5 dates of the aCOstic TouR are cancelled. It remains to be seen if they will be rescheduled. I will post more when I have details.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000