Chaos View At Best Buy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  11:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Friday night I went out to buy Audioslave and the Mr. Show DVD. I always check to see if Best Buy happens to have any Tim Reynolds CDs in stock, just out of curiosity, and I am always disappointed. They once has Gossip Of The Neurons, but that was a long time ago, and it was labeled as an IMPORT and cost 18.99.

But, THIS TIME, they had, of call Tim CDs to have, CHAOS VIEW!!! I would have prefered to buy it through the site, but the price was right, only 13.99, not an outrageous 18.99 and I was about to go on a trip to Chicago and really wanted to be able to jam out to Tim on the way there.

So, I bought it, and it fucking kicks ass. The version of Hornet's Nest on there is so different from the one on Sanctuary, and Tim playing the keyboard AND the guitar in Backdoor is mind boggling. The Pagan Underdogs are awesome, and Tim really shows more and more talent not only playing guitar, but programming all that drum and sequencer shit.

Audioslave is also a very good CD. Some awesome grooves on there. And needless to say, the Mr. Show DVD will have to wait until next pay day, because they had CHAOS VIEW!!!!!

When is the Tim DVD coming out? Or is it out already??

Adam

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  01:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That reminds me of when I bought Astral Projection at a Sam Goody in NYC...I'd never seen TR cds in stores before that and I just happened to find a "Tim Reynolds" marker in the Rock section...that was the only disc they had, so of course I bought, assuming that it was some kind of fluke that one of his cds would wind up at a Sam Goody.
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  2:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I always see a TIM CD or two at the Best Buy near me (actually, in all 3 near me). I also see some occasionally in the 3 Borders near me too...

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  2:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As for the DVD, the latest news from Mason is he hopes to have it ready by the CO dates. We have heard this kind of good news before, so I wouldn't hold your breath, but keep your fingers crossed. I will let you know more when I have more details.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  2:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I bought Puke Matrix live at the Tower Records in D.C. (the one near foggy bottom kinda..) while I was there visiting my sister in law... Also caught TR3 at (can't think of the name of it now... Uh.... it was Oct '99...) killer show regardless.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
but keep your fingers crossed

I've definately got mine crossed, I can't wait to see the finished product. And I'm still bummed that I'm not able to make it out to CO for the shows.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mason showed it to TR and he really liked it ALOT!! So I can't wait to see it myself. Word from Mason is that it is coming along smoothly. I think he has some finishing touches to do, but mostly just artwork. We shall see, we shall see.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  7:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Upon first viewing of the DVD....before Tim is seen or any music is heard, Fluffy, you should come on and say...

"Tim asked me to read this: 'Stick around if you want some cream in your jeans' Ladies and gentlemen....Tim Reynolds"

Just a thought.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  8:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Adam, thanks for taking over as person with the longest sig.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Backdoor is one of my most favorites!!!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I actually laugh all the TIMe about how long his sig is because sometimes it actually looks like his posts are longer than they are, then I realize, "Oh wait, that's just his signature block!" HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  11:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Mason showed it to TR and he really liked it ALOT!! So I can't wait to see it myself. Word from Mason is that it is coming along smoothly. I think he has some finishing touches to do, but mostly just artwork. We shall see, we shall see.

any info on the cover art, is it another fluffy pic, or simlar to the cd cover.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  11:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How was the DVD shot? What kind of camera? Is it going to be really high quality? 5.1 sound?

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000