IM SEEING DAVE AND TIM AT PURDUE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  8:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
as you know dave and TIM are playing, they are going to purdue university April 3rd, i just found this out, my girlfriend is in purdue, so i called her SCREAMING LIKE A MANIAC, purdue students get first dibs, they go on sale to students Feb 1, public Feb 8, so shes is getting tickets first thing........8 days before the public, i had to tell someone!!!!!!! so i told you all!!!!!!!!!!!!! man im like screaming at my computer........

titow
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  8:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I hope you aren't celebrating too early. I saw D&T in '99 in Nashville. Luckily I had a friend that went to Vanderbilt, so that's why I got tickets. But, she had a friend who camped out at the place and was first in line. But all they did was hand out wristbands to a certain number of people and then randomly drew wristband numbers to see who got to buy tickets. Needless to say, she didn't get tickets (and she was there first). So, I'm just saying, good for you if you're getting tickets, but think about how many people want tickets at Perdue vs. actual number of tickets being sold. And hopefully they won't do a wristband thing either, just first come first serve. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  8:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all students have to sign up beforehand, and she did, then they just arrive on feburary first with their ID's at buy tickets, i read the whole set up at purdue's website, plus she asked the mail office about it.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  8:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NKAD, I want you to tell us ALL ABOUT IT afterwards.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  10:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dont you worrie about that, ill be staying with my girlfriend at purdue that weekend, not to mention the show is 3 days after my birthday, i will post the review from her dorm. i plan on taking a notepad lol, to make a few notes.

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  09:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went to Purdue and I still have some friends that go there, but last Dave+Tim tour it was impossible to get tickets there. Even though it was on the campus at the music hall.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  11:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have fun at the show! i'm still holding on to the hope
of getting to see them at norfolk. man, february 8th, public
sale...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  3:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Any guesses on what the ticket prices will be once they hit ebay? I'm guessing ridiculous.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  5:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
probably just as bad as the phish tickets for NYE, at MSG.

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  9:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How bad did they get? Never was a huge phish fan myself, just curious.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  11:07:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i saw a pack for about 8 phish tickets online for around 35,000 dollars, on ebay.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  3:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats true. My daughter wanted tickets and they were sold out in minutes (to see phish at msg)

Ticketmaster has a new set up where you have to spell a certain word...very annoying but it is supposed to make it more fair....could someone explain this to me because I don't see it. It is supposed to get you a place "in line" on line go figure?????

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  4:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah - my roommate got denied from 4 eagles playoff tickets because he just hit "continue" and didn't spell the word. Needless to say, we were pissed. Like it's not already hard enough to get ticketbastard tickets. Damn the man!!

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  6:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Etimates are that the tickets will be going for around $1000/seat on ebay.

It makes me sick when greed takes the tickets out of the hands of the fans. Back at the Bridge School Benefit concert I went to back in 2000 my friends and I waited in line for 5 hours to get good lawn seats (we did get to sit front and center being the second group of people in line). For those of you who don't know what the concert is about, it's a day-long festival with good bands (I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beck, Dave, to name a few) play acoustic songs for Neil Young's Brigde School charity. I distinctly remember the MC saying that "To you fans up there on the lawn, there's no need to look on eBay for tickets to this show and pay some ridiculous amount...you give us a call with a donation and we'll take care of you". Bullshit. The people sitting behind us told us that they had donated $1000 in hopes of getting two tickets, they didn't even get a phone call. I knew what the show was all about when Red Hot Chili Peppers were on stage: It was raining cats and dogs (the whole lawn section was literally reduced to mud), and I was looking down at the section where the seats were (believe it or not, 25% of them were unoccupied until about one hour before DMB [the headliners] played). I saw some asshat who looked like he's someones boss walking around in a poncho holding A PLASTIC CHAMPAGNE GLASS FILLED WITH CHAMPAGNE.

That asshole probably didn't even know who 90% of the bands playing were.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  9:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey pam, i tried to get tickets for one of the hampton phish shows, and it took me 3 hours to find out they were sold out the morning they went on sale.

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  2:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
35,000 for 8 phish tickets? That's absurd. I wouldn't pay that much if John Bonham came from the grave and Zeppelin was reunited in my backyard. $1000/seat I could *possibly* see, that's still pushing it a bit.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  8:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think they might have been some sort of special tickets too, but still i wouldn't pay that much to have trey anastasio give me a blow job!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000