Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Arlo Guthrie in Long Beach, CA tomorrow...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  6:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arlo Guthrie will be in Concert at Carpenter Performing Arts Center tomorrow night. Tickets are $21.50 with service charge.

American legend Arlo Guthrie continues the tradition of his father, Woody Guthrie, in his own distinctive, expressive voice. With his hit songs: “Alice’s Restaurant,” “Coming to Los Angeles,” and “City of New Orleans,” Arlo Guthrie gives a musical voice to strong social and political commentary, and charts a unique course in American music.

VENUE ADDRESS:
Carpenter Performing Arts Center
6200 Atherton St.,
Long Beach 90815
562-985-8371

http://www.seatadvisor.com/cgi/make_x.pl?venue_code=3337&layout_code=23&ad_id=9017&event_id=25709&ga_event=1

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  6:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh I wish I could be there!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  6:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my mom's a huge arlo guthrie fan. i think she has a thing for him. gross.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2003 :  9:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Coming in to Los Angeleeeeez, bringing in a couple of keys. Hahaha, that'd be cool to see.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  01:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have seen him perform a number of TIMes and he is phenomenal!! If you can make the show Tericee, I highly advise it. I actually ran into Arlo in the Denver airport after the Chris Whitley tour. I think I mentioned it somewhere else on the board. Anyway, wish I was in LA, I would definitely be there.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  3:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My friend Abe was held by Arlo when he was a baby.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  3:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats great Teri! He came to Philly to the Kimmel Center the Friday after Christmas. If it wasn't for the fact that I had been to the Kimmel twice the week before, once to see the Vienna Choir Boys and once for Handels Messiah, I would have gone to see him. I just was stretching my budget as far as it could go. My sister went to see him though and had a great time. He gets the crowd to sing along..really puts on a great performance.

Have a great TIMe there! Hope you give us a report!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  7:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT to get a review, yes?????

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000