tims action
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2002 :  3:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is TIMs action set to martin factor setting, or is his modified lower.... and if so.. how low is his action...

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  2:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
COME ON!!!!!!!!!! 20 read, no replies
someone has to know......

MAYDAY MAYDAY ATTN FLUFFY

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  11:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry. I have no fucking idea. Hell. I don't even know what the action is on my own guitars. But I'm sure someone here knows about it.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  3:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Tim's action is prob. really low. In Tim's songs he has lots of hammers and pull offs so you need a low action for that to be possible. Also I have a Martin D-35 ( just like Tim) and those actions are set pretty low. I'm sure that Tim didn't mess with his action because their would be no reason to. So I hope I helped ! Cheers

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2002 :  9:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Stevie Ray Vaughn had mile high action and played with hammer ons and pull offs a lot too. Of course electric is different than acoustic, but Tim could be very strong in the hands. He has been playing for a long time. He does play Martins, which come with pretty low factory action anyway. Looking at Tim's guitar from Storytellers, it does appear that his may be a bit lower than standard though.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  03:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yeah, SRV does have hammers in his playing but like you said that is electric guitar and that is hella different. MY Ibenez has a high action and it's hella easy to play, I don't even need a pick, you know what I'm talking about. But act. guiatrs are different. Too high of an action on a guitar and you get buzzing sounds or it's not clear enough, I also watched Storytellers after this and lookedat the action. It looks low but like I said it looks just like the D-35 reg. action highth. I counldn't see the saddle so...... I couldn't see if it had been altered, but from looking at it it looks like it has been lowered. But action is based all on personal prefence so... what TR plays may not be what you like ! I hope we helped ! Cheers

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  11:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CheersDtoT

hella different......hella easy

Are you from northern California?

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  2:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ever since I heard that word the first time, I've loathed it.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  01:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thats weird because I'm from Northern Nevada ... right next door ... thats HELLA cool !!!! Now I'm lying ! Cheers

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  9:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can't say i've ever hear the expression hella. To me that's just hella confusing..

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  9:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree vwf. The only TIMe I had ever heard that expression was when I was talking to some neighbors of my dad when I visited him in San Fransisco. I asked what the fuck they just said and they found themselves surprised that no one else talked like that. Whatever.

Go to Top of Page

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2003 :  7:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If you guys live back East .... I think that you should start the revolution with the word HELLA back there ! Amagine an entire country united by just one word. Well I know how you feel. I was born in Maryland and lived in Penn. too. When I moved out here I noticed that things are really ( Hella ) different. Their are lots of slang terms we use here that have never reached the East and vice-versa. Well I think you guys should give us some of your slang so we can use it here, that would be really (hella) awsome !!! Cheers

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000