New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  4:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There all kinds of "ades"..... gatorade, lemonade, powerade, limeade.... but the only "nog" i can think of is egg nog.... why don't they make gatornog or something?

BTW, what is a nog?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  5:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Because gatornog would taste really disgusting.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  5:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok then....

POWER NOG!!!
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  5:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know......I guess you'll have to try it yourself.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  6:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nog: A kind of strong ale.

So since some people like to have more fun with their egg nog then I guess that's where the nog might have come from. So non-alcoholic egg nog really isn't nog at all. That's like calling it Coke even when they stopped putting cocaine in it.

I stand by my PowerNog.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  8:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
eggade.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  8:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
touche
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  9:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh man. I think I'm gonna throw up right now!

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  11:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be sure to wash away that taste with some Kool-nog.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  11:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha. Which reminds me of the oldest moma joke:
"Your mom is so fat, that when she wears a red shirt, everyone yells, 'Kool Aid'"

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  11:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whatever happened to those commercials anyway? Or do I just not see them because I don't watch Nickelodeon? Those were great. So were the Capt'n Crunch ones. I miss the soggies.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  12:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know.......I haven't had Kool Aid or Cap'n Crunch in a long TIMe......(sigh)

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  12:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I became an adult with my own paycheck, I bought Cap'n Crunch (Crunch Berries) because my parents weren't there to say no!! It was great!

I haven't done that in a while, although I have bought Winnie the Pooh Hunny Bees cereal.

teri :)

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  06:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are too funny Teri! Bet you still feel alittle quilty buying those anyway. I was in the store the other day and there was a cereal called "Mud and Bugs"...chocolate cereal with marshmallow bugs!How appetizing!!!Anything to sell to kids!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  11:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I do feel a *little* guilty. But not enough to keep me from buying fun food. I have also indulged in Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. I bought a bunch of them for the people in my office. We had a great time trying to find the gross flavors. Sardine and Horseradish were NASTY!

http://www.jellybelly.com/shop/Category.html?catalog%5Fname=JellyBellyB2C&category%5Fname=ld%5FBertie%5FBotts&Page=

teri
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  4:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are also brave to try those Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans....I wouldn't. Besides they make me think of something we called Bunny Botts in the veterinary office....maggots! yuck!!! So I was turned off by the name.

I would stick to kiddie cereal myself hehehe.Although I don't eat any junk food anymore.Ok, pie, I will eat pie at Thanksgiving....maybe.

oooh I just remembered I DO love wines and alcholic drinks....I guess that could be in the junk food or junk drink category. Just went to a local shop and bought their "Spring Wine", "Holiday Spirit Wine",
"Spiced Apple Wine" (which you warm up) "Sangria" and "Risesling Dessert Wine"(Sweet Late Harvest Style). Ok they were giving out samples at the shop and I loved them all....They are for the Holidays.....really!!!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  4:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yum! I want to come to your house for the holidays!

teri
Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  5:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There all kinds of "ades"..... gatorade, lemonade, powerade, limeade.... but the only "nog" i can think of is egg nog.... why don't they make gatornog or something?

you also don't see too many meats on a stick...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  8:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha! Something About Mary. What a great flick.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2002 :  9:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
meat stick hmm... those rock candy things on a stick...and corndogs(meat on a stick there) pig under a blanket(a corndog without a stick) hmm...i'm out of stick related foods...wait there's those huge pigs on a metal spit roasting over the fire!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2002 :  10:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teri, I am having some of the heated spiced apple wine right now, yummmm. My daughter bought some (great that she is now 21!) and she opened hers and she shares.......what a great daughter!

You are always welcome at my home.....come east for the holidays!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  11:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Main Entry: nog
Pronunciation: 'näg
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1693
1 : a strong ale formerly brewed in Norfolk, England

So my guess is none of those other drinks originated in Norfolk England. Nog probably referred to the ale and then some alcoholic added it to that gross egg mixture and gave us the even more disgusting eggnog. Although I like to call it eggNOT!! So who knows, if someone every mixes the ale with Gatorade or Powerade we may one day have Gatornog or Powernog.

As for meats on a stick, I am a huge fan!!!

Corndogs(smothered in mustard YUMMMM)
Shishkabob
Chinese restaurants offer Beef on a Stick served with peanut sauce(one of my fave appetizers at a chinese restaurant)
Every year when I got to RenFest with Frank and Mags we always get Steak on a Stick
Also it might not be exactly what you are talking about, but wouldn't a turkey leg or chicken leg count? Afterall, it is referred to as a drumSTICK. Chicken on a a stick(bone)!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  09:16:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's face it, nog just doesn't sound good.I don't hate many foods or drinks but I hate eggnog. (and scrapple, coconut, bratwurst (sp?) beer....yes I hate beer!!! It smells so good to me but tastes like shit! Go figure....I love whiskey and you would think beer would taste better than that. I do love most of the beer commercials though,hehehehe!)

I know a lot of people hate mincemeat pie...my mom used to make her own mincemeat pie using mostly meat! In the good old PA Dutch tradition hers had raisins and rum.....lots of rum....god she made great pies! Served warm with vanilla icecream on top....wow, just had a great flashback!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  11:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"I say, I say.....is that mincemeat pie?"

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  7:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate eggnot! Scrapple I can eat if served, but I am not a big fan. I LOVE coconut and bratwurst, but not together obviously. Beer, well beer I am also not a big fan of. I can choke one down if I have to, unless of course it is Guiness. That is really the only beer I like. Never had mincemeat pie but it sounds disgusting, no offense to your mom. HEHE and I am also not a big fan of most liquors. I can choke them down as well if forced but I just don't like the taste. Mix them up in a fufu drink and that's a different story. Guess I would have to say I am not much of one for the alcohol.

Rew and I had a discussion on this past tour about non-alcoholic beer, based on the Simpsons episode where the secret door is hidden behind the non-alcoholic beer.

(Apu opens the secret door behind the non-alcoholic beer)
Lisa:What if someone ever wants non-alcoholic beer?
Apu:You know, it's never come up.

I believe most people drink alcohol for the effect that it gives them. Faced with a whiskey that tasted just like their fave brand but had no alcohol in it, I think most people would opt not to drink it. I don't think most people drink alcohol for the taste. They may like it, but given the option of drinking something that tasted exactly the same but had no alcohol, I bet most would not choose to imbibe. I imagine very few people like the taste enuf to want to drink it if it didn't make them feel so good.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  8:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting thoughts. I love whiskey. I acquired a taste for it when I was young. I'd get really bad cramps (you guys don't know how lucky you are someTIMes) anyway my dad would give me a shot of whiskey....it worked every time....downside was I did acquire the taste for it!

I drink for the kick for sure. No kick, then give me H2O! I drink more now then ever....probably not a good thing.

Same with coffee....no caffine....forget it! Come to think of it I drink more of that then ever before too.....hummmmm.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  8:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe BuzzBeer makes a "coffee-flavored whiskey" companion to their ever-popular beer. If not, you should suggest it to Drew.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2002 :  8:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah...no kidding.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  12:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd rather stick with Cappbeerchino.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  12:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love Egg Nog. It's just so....bad for you. I always feel ripped off cuz half of it sticks to the glass. As for beer, I only drink it when I want to get buzzed. Like at a party where everybody else is drinking so if you don't drink, the party's going to seem really stupid really fast. Of course that might happen anyway. But I don't get how beer is supposed to quench thirst...it's just so..dry.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  02:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought Gatorade was for quenching thirst. Isn't that how this thread started?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  07:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly.....actually good old spring H2O does it best!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  10:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree. Whenever I drank some Gatorade while playing basketball or running a track event, it would always make me feel sick to my stomach. But I like it as a drink to have, in general......like with food. I think there's nothing better than water when you get dehydrated. After all, it's in that word (hydra, from Latin meaning water).

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  2:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my road trip yesterday I noticed a sign at a Burger King or some fast food place along the road, that advertized Eggnog Shakes.....yuk!The only eggnog I ever drank had lots of rum in it....what a way to spoil good rum!hehehe

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  4:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The big question for Teri is......did you eat all the crunch berries
before the rest of the cereal in the box. The one and ONLY TIMe my mom let me get Captain Crunch berries(it was my favorite besides cocoa puffs), I was about 7 yrs old and I ate all the pink berries out of the box. And of course my mom found out when my little sister screamed "she ate all the berries out of the cereal box mom".It was shredded wheat and oatmeal for years after that.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  4:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My sister used to take a handful of marshmellows from the Lucky Charms and stuff them in her mouth, then take a swig of milk. It was horrible. Then she would yell at me for using the same knife in the MAYONAISSE jar for everyone's hamburgers. I hated it.

Whiskey is cool. I used to spike my Coke with about three shots of Jack to cool me off after a hot day. Man, I get drunk...FAST! I mean real quick. One beer and I'll be tipsey. I think one shot of Jack gets everyone feeling friskey...and I'd drink three. Of course, my parents kind of noticed the bottle getting a little less full every day, so I stoped.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  7:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PJK wrote:
quote:
I noticed a sign at a Burger King or some fast food place along the road, that advertized Eggnog Shakes.....

YUK!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000