Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I just saw the hugest spider.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  08:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And he was walking directly toward my foot! I'm not normally afraid of spiders, but this one was huge. No on the tarantula scale, but probably as big as a half dollar, at least. He's as big as a quarter now and he's all dead and balled up. Gives me the heebejeebies.

You know what I think? I think he saw that I was moving out lots of stuff, and he came to say goodbye. See, I've been letting him live in my window for some time... to kill the insects and whatnot that might come in my room... No longer... He strayed from my window, so I had to put the sandal to him. I wouldn't have appreciated two small holes and ANY of his 'pain medicine'.

It wasn't a bad spider or anything. Just a common one around here...I can't think of what they're called... But they get big and have tons of babies... But not a bad one like a recluse or black widow. Just an old brown one.

Well, anyway, that's my story...

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  11:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
heebejeebies

I just want to commend you on doing such a nice job of spelling that.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  12:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why thank you, thank you berry mutch.

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  3:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hate spiders, I'm not scared of them I just don't like them very much. When I was like 11, I got bit by a brown wood spider, and it hurt like a bitch, so now I try to avoid them at all costs. I usually just step on them if they get too close.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  4:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
brown wood spider

I'm going to say that's what this one was. I don't know for sure, however. I'll try to find that out tonight when I'm not technically "at work" like I am now...hehe...

deliveries ... I'm gonna miss you.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  5:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
heebejeebies

I just want to commend you on doing such a nice job of spelling that.

And I would like to commend you on being the first person to actually use that word on this message board.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  10:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of big spiders, may I remind you of the one Rew and I came across on tour in Arkansas:

He was literally as big as my hand, fingers and all. It was unbelieveable.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  12:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Aahhhhhhhhh!!! Put it away! I'm starting to freak out just looking at it.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  12:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gave you the heebejeebies, didn't it?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  12:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know it!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  02:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it should be spelled heebeejeebies. Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!!!....and here's your sign!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  03:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Naw.........7 E's is too many to put in one word......but 6 isn't.

Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  12:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lastnight while I was outside I seen a spider just like the one in the picture you put up Fluffy. It wasn't that big but it was the same one. I didn't think it was a spider at first because it was more long then round, but the more I got to looking at it I realized it was. It was hanging out in my little girls wagon, we drowned it. She loves killing spiders now. lol

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  2:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you didn't think it was a spider, what did you think it was? A lizard?

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  3:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy has a spider named Hairy. No jokes boys, it's a spider. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was a stuffed animal.......(or more accurately, stuffed insect).

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  01:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's named "Hairy" and not "Harry" ...hummmmmm Interesting.

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  11:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
actually I just thought it was a big bug of some sort, untill I got close enough to see it had 8 legs. Then I kida assumed it was a spider I still didn't know fo sure untill I seen the picture Fluffy put up.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  11:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Touch the monkey.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2002 :  4:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Now I'm as happy as a little girl!"

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  04:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sourgirl, making the world safer for arachnophobics!!!

By the way, what did you mean it was in your little girls wagon?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  5:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Spiders used to freak the shit out of me, until I moved out on my own, and had to deal with them. I have a basement apartment in a older building, so I see those big brown Wolf Spiders all the time. And geez do they run fast. I spray them with this hornet killer, that could take down a whole nest of them, and the spider just runs off. It takes like 10 minutes for the spider to die, and thats if I soak them very very good with it. I also get those small jumping spiders all over my windowsills. And my bed is rigth my my window, so theres nothing like pulling back the sheets and seeing one or two spiders jumping around in the bed.

They're getting stronger, because that same hornet killer used to take them down right away. And smarter, they hide from you... like this story:
At my old house, there was this spider, one of those brown ones that enthusTimsiast was talking about, that we actually confused for a mouse. It was huge, and it was running really fast. We were moving stuff out of the way looking for this "mouse" and it kept running from place to play, hiding from us. eventually it made a break for the driveway, and I stopped in my tracks and said "Holy shit, thats a fucking spider" We finally killed it in the driveway, and then found anyone we could to show them this freaking amazon spider we just killed.

Damn that thing was big.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  8:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(shudder) Just thinking about a spider that big gives me the willies.

"Always follow your heart, but use your brain." - My dad
Go to Top of Page

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  8:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
spiders are cool...

-brandy-
usefulidiot76@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2002 :  11:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
huh huh pcbdmb said willies huh huh

Willies huh huh

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  03:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good God that thing is huge. Oh no...I just soiled myself,

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  03:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ugh! Willies and soiled in back-to-back posts........I don't even want to think about it!

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
2 days ago I was on my way to go play some pool with a couple of friends. I got in the back of my buddy's SUV and went to put the seatbelt on, and when I got it just about to the latch, I noticed something VERY big holding onto the seatbelt which was now on my shoulder, about 2 inches from my head. My friends in the front seat said they had never seen me move so fast, as I was on the other side of the car momentarily. Turned out it was about a 2 1/2 inch long praying mantice, but out of the corner of my eye, when it was on my shoulder, it might as well had been a tarantula. It was actually pretty cool... it was turning it's head, looking around... somewhat menacing. Anyway, I kindly opened the door and "shood" it out with a big envelope. That's my insect story for the day.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  4:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, a praying mantis. You dont see those very often. At least I dont.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  5:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've never seen one......unless you count the insect exibit at the zoo. D'oh well.....that's southern California for you. No wildlife except pets.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  5:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I always thought they were bright green, like leaves... but this sucker was brown and blended in PERFECTLY with the seat belt. Startled the crap out of me, but it was cool to see it turn its head though.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  8:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's a result of cross-pollenation. Maybe a praying mantis ad relations with a chameleon......which spawned some sort of super-insect. However, I'm surprised that it lived considering the fact that praying mantis eat their young.

Go to Top of Page

88 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

zorak.

female mantises eat the heads of the males they mate with, not their young. males can often not get one off with their head on.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hhhmmm, intresting. And whats that characters name right there off of Space Ghost.

Go to Top of Page

babatunji
Is Anybody Here?

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  04:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Touch the monkey.

lieber mine abschmenke?...icht blaude nicht.

Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  11:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Speaking of big spiders, may I remind you of the one Rew and I came across on tour in Arkansas:

He was literally as big as my hand, fingers and all. It was unbelieveable.

Black and yellow agriope. The thincker zig-zags on the web are a special silk that reflects UV light and draws insects toward it. In regards to the spider-slayer. Sounds like a wolf spider doesn't make sense seeing how it lived in your window. ANd by the way...most spiders don't bite people, especially unprovoked. So it would've been best to gently pick it up in paper towel or maneuver it into tupperware and let it goes outside.
Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  3:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I like the idea of geting that close to one, kowing my luck I would get bit anway.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  3:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting.... Now I see why you are called Bugman!!

Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  4:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't think I like the idea of geting that close to one, kowing my luck I would get bit anway.

Nah. Spider would run away. They're chickens.

Liz, this

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bugman_96/lst?.dir=/Collection&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/

is why I'm bugman. Not inferior spiders (even though they're still cool).

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've heard that "theyre more afraid of you than you are of them" crap my whole life. And I have no doubt that it is true. But they're still scary as hell.

Have you ever seen cases of "revenge" with spiders? There were two occasions, one where my mother tried to kill this little green spider on her bed one night, and it got knocked onto the floor, and she lost it. Later on, she felt something bite her, and it was the same freaking spider, that had crawled back up on the bed.

Also, same kind of green spider, was on my jacket, i gently brushed it off, thought it was gone, but apparantly it was still on me somewhere, or around me on the ground somewhere, because about 10 minutes later, i felt a sharp pain on my neck, and bastard bit me!! Crawled back up me and bit me.

Talk about holding a grudge.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I don't know about you, but if someone tried to kill me, I would hold a grudge.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  9:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Bugman thanks for the link. Wow, did you collect all the specimens? Sorry about the spider thing, you are obviously the expert here on the subject. Where did they all come from? I love to look at butterflies. I haven't seen very many this year. Can I assume the lack of rain has something to do with it?

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  10:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I don't know about you, but if someone tried to kill me, I would hold a grudge.

True, but you would think that if they were as afraid of us as people claim, that if you tried to kill it and it lived, it would say "holy shit that was close" and run off.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  11:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well.....all I have to say is....Arachnophobia.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  11:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That movie is cool. I love John Goodman's character in it.

"Rock and Roll"

Adam

Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  11:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Bugman thanks for the link. Wow, did you collect all the specimens? Sorry about the spider thing, you are obviously the expert here on the subject. Where did they all come from? I love to look at butterflies. I haven't seen very many this year. Can I assume the lack of rain has something to do with it?

I was just jokin' about the spider thing. So no biggie.

I collected most of them. All but Monochamus (Maine), Chalcosoma (INdonesia - I didn't collect this), and Pseudolucanus (North JErsey) are from Southern New Jersey. My best guess is that the drought caused the lack of butterflies but is normal for populations to fluctuate (sp?).

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  08:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bugman that's very cool. If I have any insect questions I know who to ask!! I know you were just kidding about the spider thing! LOL! I grew up in New Jersey, they have all those little critters there? Well if you ever need to know anything about labor and delivery that's where I work, hee hee! I deal with critters of a different persuasion!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  8:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of spiders, while we were in Niagara Falls checking into our hotel, I noticed literally hundreds and hundreds of spiders nesting(is this the proper term bugman?)on the ceiling of the awning outside our hotel. I pointed it out to everyone and we all stood there amazed. I tried to take pictures but they didn't really come out as I couldn't get close enuf and they were too small to take a picture from far away to try and capture exactly how many there were. It was definitely at least 4 or 5 hundred. I was curious why the hotel had not done something about it. It was a pretty amazing site.

And speaking of spiders holding a grudge, I am not very proud of this, but it is amazing to me how some things you hear as a child make such an impact on you. When I was younger Tericee told me once that if you try and kill a spider and you don't succeed, that spider will come back and get you. I think she was just trying to scare me, but it worked. To this day, no matter how irrational I know it is to believe this, I still think about that comment whenever I HAVE to kill a spider. I am a big fan of the "kill and flush" method for safety sake. Mind you, I am not generally scared or afraid of spiders and as long as they don't bother me, I don't bother them, but sometimes you have to kill them. Thanx to my sister, I still contemplate the concept of revenge-seeking spiders no matter how ridiculous the concept seems even to me. STRANGE how we cannot shake some of those thoughts even when we grow up and are wise enuf to know they are not true. OR ARE THEY??

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2002 :  6:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I played a song at my sister's wedding this last Saturday (Oct. 5th), and it was an outside wedding, and where I was sitting there were about 15-20 black spiders all about an inch in diameter all around where I was.

I could just picture one crawling up my leg as I sang....

But luckily I made it out of there with none trying to climb up my leg, though I did have a swat a few off of my guitar case.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  11:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You have to hear my spider story...I was talking to my friend at school and it looked like she had rat bites on her head and I asked what they were and she said she was helping her family knock out walls at her grandpas old house, and a spider fell on her and she tried to get it off and it bit her..but the bites just looked like little rat bites...chunk lookin' lol

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  2:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SYNCHRONICITY strikes again. First I am IMing with Rev about her spider story and then my friend Burt calls and tells me about his spider story completely out of the blue. I have told him to stop by and check out our thread and hopefully he will post his story for us all to peruse.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Bell
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  2:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spiders trip me out to begin with, and seeing the one fluffy snapped would have made my skin crawl!
I found a spider this morning underneath some ceiling rubble from a collapsing, wet corner in my study..
The spider i found is nowhere near as fantastic as fluffy's, but being that i have an aversion to these alien creatures, i found the courage to make a spider trap and catch it in a jar, and placed the lid on it...my own halloween pet.
She is as large as a brown mouse, and i named her JARBOE, because i was listening to the SWANS when i found her....THE GREAT ANNHILATOR!!!
awesome album....
I have her in a jar with some dry leaves, and hopefully would like to feed her a small child when trick or treaters come this way.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  2:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ROTFLMAO!! That is a great story Burt!! I forgot to mention the other Synchonistic part. My friend Brock's ceiling collapsed in his apartment in PA as well, also from water damage. Welcome aBOARD BURT!! Glad to have you here. Hope you post often!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2002 :  7:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Aah, spiders. My new place has so many of them...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  10:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
On average, you will have eaten - accidentally or otherwise - 8 to 10 spiders in your lifetime. Generally while sleeping.

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

enthuTIMsiast said:
quote:
Aah, spiders. My new place has so many of them...
So maybe you will have a higher count than the rest of us.

Funny side note, believe it or not, it was a search for this FACT that led to the WHOLE Facts you NEED to know post:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2552

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  8:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I see lots of spiders everywhere I go. But I guess that's good. Maybe they'll eat some of the mosquitos and we won't all die of West Nile Virus.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  11:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man! That virus has spread pretty far west.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's a conspiracy.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Started by whom?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The West Nileans.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  01:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn Egytians with their pyramids......and their deserts.....and their culture.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  08:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and their sharp, pointy teeth.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  2:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's only one way to get rid of them. Fetch me the Holy Hand Grenade!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  01:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought of this topic a lot lately....I have been killing so many spiders in my house lately...those big brown ugly ones. It is really starting to freak me out, guess it is time to call an exterminator...but I really hate using pesticides.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  01:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EVERGREEN can tell you, pesticides are the work of the devil. See the post on Ants if you want more from Evergreen on the subject. I will see if I can find the link.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  10:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is the link to Evergreens comments on pesticide alternatives:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2722

You may have already seen them since you already posted on the topic, but here it is in case you want to check it out again.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000