Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Not to tape - that is the answer.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  08:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is the question. I can't decide. I'm afraid if I sit down on the front row that the camcorder will not get the background images all that well. I know the keyboard racks are right there in front, which is where I plan on being...so will they block the view enough for me not to get a good recording because of it? If so, then I don't plan to even take the camcorder. So...what should I do?

Oh, the show will be Sunday in Atlanta. Taped there last year. I never watch the tape. Hell I don't even have a vcr. So the tape would hardly benefit me...and vhs-c's would be about $10 (for the show) plus I'd get an extra battery ($30) and a tripod ($30). AND on top of that, how much trouble is it? Tons, let me tell you. And it just seems like it adds so much baggage for you at the door ... doorpeople tend not to like recorders.

So I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm leaning toward not taping unless someone can come up with an excellent reason for me to tape. I have no way to watch the tape, I have no way to copy the tape and I have no real way to spread the tape. I can't convert it to digital and upload it, and I would be remiss to send the masters to someone to do so.

Yep, that's about all.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  09:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
set up in the back, near the sound board (if there is one) and tape from there. u might even be able to get a feed off the board.

quote:
doorpeople tend not to like recorders.

fuck the door people.

after you send it to fluffy, he can hand it off to john and he can put on up somewhere probably.

tis up to you.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  12:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's your concertgoing experience... do whatever will allow you to enjoy it most. By the way, how far ahead of time did we get there last year?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  12:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I want to say that I was there at least three hours before the show. But then again, I was there long before that, and saw that there was another show. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was at the front of that line. Do you know if there's a show before TIM? If so what time? I think TIM doesn't start until about 11, and so I'm probably leaving here about 8am, so I'll be in Little 5points about 3 or so, maybe 4...with the time change not before 4 probably. And then I'll just hang out in that area until time to get in line.

Hey, will the stores be open in that area on Sunday?

Still deciding about taping.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  1:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jude, what does that mean about the "door people?"

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  2:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
had img instead of quotes, my bad.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  2:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
fuck the door people.

I did... my door really didnt appreciate it.

Jason, if taping takes away from you ability to enjoy the show for yourself then I say ditch the equipment. The main reason for taping a show would be so that I could relive the experience, but if you dont even watch the tape then I dont see a point.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  6:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jason, I will be there around 5'ish. All the stores should be open in that area when you get there. I sent Fluffy an email asking if there was any way that we could come inside to hang out before the show and catch the soundcheck but I haven't heard back from him yet... maybe you should email him as well in case he didn't recognize my email address or what not. I seriously cannot wait. I'm leaving for home now. I'll see you there.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  6:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I sent Fluffy an email yesterday asking him the same thing! How coincidental. So the email thing is taken care of, my friend.

And I realized that TIM goes on at 8, not 11 like I thought originally. VP has the show starting then, anyway. That's better for me...maybe I can get 2 hours of shut eye before work Monday.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pants_happy
Chatterbox

412 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  6:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you were near an outlet, you could just plug in the battery charger directly into the camcorder, so you don't have to buy another battery.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2002 :  12:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is wierd... I sent mine to him yesterday as well. If you want, I'll email you my cell # just in case you need anything on the way in. Also, are you leaving for Mississippi straight after the TR show?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2002 :  01:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, do that with the celly. I'll do the same.

I plan to leave straight away. My sister wants to get back for work on Monday, so as hard as that sounds, that's what we're going to try to do. And I'll probably work too. Boss say: "Half day, no problem, I overlook it."

Anyway, I plan on remembering what Little Five Points looks like. And it's pretty much a straight shot into there from I-20 East, as far as I can tell... take 60B and then left onto Euclid, and I actually remember that area already, so I'm ok there. But I might have to call, so I'll have the cell and all that...

I've decided to at least bring the recorder. If I decide to tape, then so be it. If not, then that's ok too. Six hours is a lot of mind changing time. So we'll see.

Catch you on the flip side.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2002 :  03:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good deal... got your email and replied. Have a safe trip in. See you at the show.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2002 :  08:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have fun at the show guys!!!Safe trip! Can't wait to hear reviews!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  01:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Fluffy didn't answer because we said "Fuck the Door People." He and his 930 Club friends are door people -- and darn good ones!!

Or maybe he just didn't check his e-mail.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  07:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy wouldn't intentionally ignore them. Your brother is too nice, Teri, and I am sure there are door people somewhere who should be "fucked" hehehe.....

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  08:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I decided all the recording I will do of the show will be done with a camera. Too much hasle recording. Plus, sometimes I feel bad about renting tripods and batteries from Wal*Mart like that.

So I'm taking my girl's digital camera and going to see if I can figure it out during the six hour trip... Hope to have some swell pics. Gotta get some batteries for it, tho...so I better go and do that now.

Talk to you all on the flip side!

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  08:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smart move Jason, this way you can really enjoy the show. Digital cameras are fun and easy to use....I assume we will see pictures of the show!!! Tell everyone their friends on the board said hi! Wish we could all be there.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  06:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Made it home about 4 minutes ago...took a little longer than expected. tired as heck...miracle we made it home safely.

great show, amazing, great pics, hope to get them soon (film, not digital this time),

Iam tired.

work at 8.

bed

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  06:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you got back safely Jason!!!Hope you get some sleep!!!!!Anxious to here all about it and see pictures!!! Tonight I go to see Peter Gabriels concert Wohoooo!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2002 :  07:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flamingjoemoe anyone?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  4:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe this is just curiosity on my point...but I wonder at what point do flamingjoemoes stop being funny and start being trolling... But hey, who am I to say anything, right?

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000