Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I've just got one thing to say:
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  10:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
165 KB/sec. Hell yeah. (finally).
|
|
|
|

Ok, I guess more than one thing, just to explain. I just downloaded 11.4.02 TR from the etree list that I link to in my sig. I downloaded the whole show in about an hour, give or take 5 minutes. I'm happy happy. So if the burner works like I expect it will and I'm able to convert the shows at home that I download from work, I'll be set with all the stuff from etree. Anyone know anywhere else to download TR stuff?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  1:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, but I know where you can download a kick-ass animated short.
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2702

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  5:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, thats quick. I get an average of 80, and on good nights, as high as 200.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  6:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
congrats Jason! now to pilage the Archive for all its worth (16 shows and counting!)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  6:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The first time I downloaded a tim video, i got 400

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  7:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jay, welcome back. I'll admit it though, in your absence, I tried to post whore my way over you count....

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  7:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

The first time I downloaded a tim video, i got 400

that ftp was the shit, man....

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2002 :  11:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hhhmph.

Wellfuckit. I burned the files (shn) to a cd-rw disc today. Three discs worth (both 2002 shows). So I get home, put the disc in, transfer the files to my hard drive in order to burn them with my burner. I get the error message that says there is no such file. Well, I can see the file with my own eyes, right there on the disc. I can see it. It is there. Damnit. So I try to convert the shn to wav directly from the cd. Same error message. No such file. Still, I can see it, it is there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm all out. I'll be damn if there's a reason for this not to work. I know for a fact the tracks are on the cd, because the rws were new, and I can see the burn ring.

O shit...

O shit...

Maybe it's working...right now. I don't know what the hell I did differently just now... I finally got mkwACT to open (it always takes forever on my computer for some reason, on the order or minutes while all other programs take seconds...don't know why about that either). So when I dropped the files (manually) into mkw, they converted to wavs. Well, we'll see. More later.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Jay, welcome back. I'll admit it though, in your absence, I tried to post whore my way over you count....

You're less than 20 away!

THat sucks Jason...O Do I hate computors.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
You're less than 20 away!

Yes, but you were always one step ahead of me!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NAY! I was always aboot 20! Hahahaha! MURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDER!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could take the cheating, lame way out and wait till your asleep...then just keep posting and deleting my replys. But i'm not a cheating bastard.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WHAT? Are you saying I'M a cheating bastard?

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OR AM I? Muhahahahahhahahahahahaha.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa. Your reply came in before mine.

*DAMN FLOOD CONTROL*

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mwahahaha!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Muhahahahhahaha.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  5:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go download that song...NOW! I command you...*sends thought via telepathy*

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2002 :  10:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I so happy that someone has decided to carry on my post whoring in my absense. sniff....(tear)

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  01:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess we won't get an update on the CD burning until Jason gets home on Monday?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  07:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess not and if he drives back that same night, or early Monday morning as he said in one of the other posts, I don't think we'll hear from him til Tuesday at the earliest, but glad he is getting to the concert....and maybe we'll get a review!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  08:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HEHEHhhh...you all knew I'd drop by before I left today, surely. Or you don't know me very well, I guess. I'm leaving at 8, and it's 7:23 now. So I'm good to go for now.

The cds finally got straightened out, and I burned them. When I got them home, they woulnd't work on my computer. Not sure what the problem was, and I'm pretty sure I was doing stuff right, so ...hmmm... Anyway, I finally got the right program to open (mkwACT) and once it did, I just dropped the files directly into that program and they converted fine. I burned them as wavs and tested them in my cd player at home, and everything is hunkey-dorey! So I'm all set!

I downloaded 5 discs worth of music Friday at work, and burned them, and then left them at work... doah...

But I'm all set on downloading music. Thanks for asking.

OH< how do CD-RWs work? How many times can they be reused? And will their be any loss in the newer files, or any mixup of info from the old files? I know nothing about RWs. Anything you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  08:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wohoooo glad you proved me wrong and very glad the cd's work!!!Have a great time at the show....safe trip!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2002 :  3:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a few more Jay, and we'll be tied. Muhahahahahhahahahaha.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  3:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I had so much fun downloading stuff that now I'm out of stuff to download . I guess I should just listen to whave I have for a while, huh? Probably 1000 hours or so...

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  4:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll tell ya what, Jason, go find my post called Funniest Damn song ever, and download it. It's a very Kottke-like tune, wonderful guitar playing.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  4:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No speakers at work... I'd have to burn it on a disc and listen at home, and I'm not nearly that patient. Unless it was you that played it, and then I'd do it out of respect.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

rhymsesthecat
Try A Little Harder

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  5:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Send rhymsesthecat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all i have to say is cows are going to be the musical tech of the future
i dont know how but they will be

rhymsesthecat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000