New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thewayfarer
Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  04:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone here read East of Eden and can tell me where that quote is in the book about being drunk and how it makes you see things more clearly, something about the elevated wisdom a man has after a few drinks. I'm almost sure I read it in this book. Thanks a lot.

"Underneath you know well you have nothing to fear, for the dreams that came to you when so young, told of a life where spring is sprung."
-Nick Drake

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  08:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Well, for a person who claims that that's one of their favorite books (me), I should be able to help you, huh? But I can't. I do like the book a lot (it's actually my favorite Steinbeck book), but I don't know the quote to which you refer. Sorry, and maybe someone will be able to help you.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  5:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Try chapter 4, 20, or 25.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

thewayfarer
Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2002 :  11:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you sooooo much, enthuTIMsiast. I will go to the library today and check it out.

"Underneath you know well you have nothing to fear, for the dreams that came to you when so young, told of a life where spring is sprung."
-Nick Drake
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2002 :  10:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I can't assure that those chapters will contain what you're looking for, but maybe... I've got some time, I might just plow into that book again myself.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000