What is this song tim plays???????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2001 :  5:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Its been bugging me since 99. No, really, it has.

Its a classical sounding piece, in the same vein as courante but a different song. Heres an MP3 of it to listen to:

[MP3 down]

copy and paste the addy for it to work...

the MP3 is bad quality cause of the recording, so turn it up. its from 7/27/01.

anyone?

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2001 :  7:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats really cool, thanks. I really want to hear it, cause he played snippets durring the 99 D+T tour using the Wah, and it sounded like a really funky tack piano

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2001 :  7:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL!!! Right on Patrick, that is halarious on the video. I like it too when the crowd starts to applaud Tim, but he shakes his hands and points to the line 6.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2001 :  8:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was cool on the video where Tim does that. One of the funnier parts, if I do say so myself.

And thanks to Patrick for taping/B&Ping the show for me!!!

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2001 :  06:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how to listen to the link but I can hazard a guess. The only classical piece I am aware of Tim doing is a Bach piece. Jon Soldo says it is one of his fave Tim tracks. You may want to run it by him.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2001 :  3:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy - thanks, i think youre refering to Courante, a composition by Bach, but thats not this tune... Unless, of course its a tim composition and im accrediting it to a classical composer, which although would be flattering for tim, it would be embarrassing on my end

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  04:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so Tim soundchecks this song durring the Baltimore show, and i imeadiatly as the questions ive been wanting to ask for 3 years, "what's the name of that song, tim??????". and the big answer was:

"I dont know. Its a segovia piece, but its not classical, its more of a folk like thing. somebody told me the name of it a while ago but i forgot"

dammit.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  9:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, that sucks.

teri

I'm walking for Alzheimer's! Memory Walk sponsors click here:
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=3898&lis=1&supId=1274679
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  10:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But it's funny. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000