New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2002 :  06:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Creative, no? And this explains how he created it.

http://www.pimprig.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=72&page=1

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2002 :  06:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You know thats cool.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2002 :  2:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dude, where'd you find that picture of me?

Flood control: 10
Jason: 0

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2002 :  5:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, thats awesome...not to mention very, VERY nerdish.
Go to Top of Page

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2002 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How gay.
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2002 :  11:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahahahaha, that's great, I saw that in a PC Gamer.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  07:35:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I saw that in a PC Gamer.

Yeah, thats how I got the idea to post it here. Believe it or not, I subscribe to it.....

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  1:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I choose not to believe it.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  3:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hell pcbdmb, you probably still play FF games. No shame.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  4:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know I do...

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  7:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TN, whats your fav FF game? Mine is FF7. Best story, best music and characters. No one can top Cloud, especailly Tidus, who sounds like a 12 year old in puberty.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  7:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno, mine would have to be either Final Fantasy VII or X. VII had a really good story line, and a great system (materia), but I was a little dissapointed(sp?) with the ending, while X had great graphics, plus voice acting, and a pretty good story line.

VIII was good too, but the whole drawing and junctioning system was annoying. And IX was good also, but I'd say it's the worse one out of the four.

Wow, what a nerd I am...

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  8:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HispanicTeenGuitarist

Hell pcbdmb, you probably still play FF games. No shame.

Where's the shame in playing video games? I love 'em! I think the best type of game is the RPG because it takes a lot of TIMe to complete. My favorite FF would have to be FFVII for the same reasons you stated. However, I haven't played IX or X (actually one hour of it, but that isn't enough). I'd love to play X, but I don't want to dish out $300 for a PS2. My second favorite is FF Tactics. The graphics are not even close to the others, but the replay is unbelievable. Man I love that game. Damn! Now I want to play it. That's the down side to being an adult...you have less TIMe for fun. I think they should bring back the materia system. That was good. And Cloud kicks ass.

Also, if you have any questions about FFVII's storyline, I found this site extremely helpful.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_plot.txt

Go to Top of Page

Street-Samurai
Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  9:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FF VII was the most awesome game. I have yet to play a game that I was more into. My inner nerd was was revealed when I started to play that game.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2002 :  10:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
FF Tactics

I bought a used copy of that an an EB store, and I couldnt get into it. It was too difficult for me, and I nearly went bald yanking my hair out when I couldnt get passed some of the battles.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  12:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, FF Tactics is fun, I never got into it though, don't know why. And if you don't decide to get IX, you won't miss much, I just decided to get it because it was only $20, and I love FF games.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  12:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I would highly recomend Final Fantasy X. The voice acting is a really neat difference than the traditional reading the diolog (sp) even though it can get a little cheesy at times, and the graphics are awsome, it's not better than VII, but it's close. FFX is the reason I got my PS2, but if you can dish out $200 or $300, how ever much it is (got mine for $200), get it, you won't be disapointed.

Again I say: Wow, what a nerd I am...

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  12:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HispanicTeenGuitarist

I bought a used copy of that an an EB store, and I couldnt get into it. It was too difficult for me, and I nearly went bald yanking my hair out when I couldnt get passed some of the battles.

What are you having trouble with?

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  06:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right, it's been a long time, but this is the level, or battle. Your in small town and knights advance on you, blah blah blah you talk, then fighting begins. There are about 4 knights, 3 archers (all on roofs) and 3 black mages. Now if i'm not healing myself wildely, i'm busily trying to win the fight by knocking down the number of enimies. The archers pick me apart, and when the mages get close enough to use there magic i'm toast, cause i've all ready had all of my potions. I think i'm not that prepared. I had one girl equited with a bow and arrow, but she was useless. I had someone as a full time medic, but he was useless. sigh* I quit after about 7 trys. Any suggestions? If you know what level i'm talking about I mean.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  1:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes. I know that level well. It is pretty difficult for a beginning level. OK. If you keep getting beat, just do some random battles to raise your levels. The fastest way to raise your levels is to kill all but one enemy on the screen (preferably to the point where he runs away and leaves you alone) and just have your party attack each other. You get all the exp and jp, and you can heal them whenever neccessary. The best on, however, is the accumulate option of the squires. They don't need to attack anyone.

But if you don't want to wait, here's what you do. You need to destroy the black mage next to the knight first. This shouldn't be too difficult since he has very low HP. Don't worry about the archer at the very top of the screen because your two guests, Delita and Algus, will go after him right away. Next, take care of whichever enemy is causeing you the most trouble. This is usually that knight right next to the black mage. After you take care of those two, your guests will have killed the archer. From there it's pretty simple. Ignore the archer with no weapon (for obvious reasons), and finish them off.

Good luck......and you're right HTG, I do feel like a nerd now.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  1:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oops! I just realized that you are talking about a different battle. OK. Is this right after you have Gargafion and Agrais in your party at the start of the second chapter? Or is this when you have that Middle Eastern girl in you party, right before going into the Riovanes castle?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  2:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greek to me.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  4:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb, I dont know the exact situation or place that I'm in, but that battle you described is (i'm pretty sure) the same one I quit on. I left that game about a couple months ago, and those locations and characters's names didnt ring a bell, but that stupid battle is fresh in my mind. Thanks for the tips, and I should have time this weekend to either continue where I left off, or just start new with fresh stats.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2002 :  6:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have fun. Damn! Now I really want to play that game! But I have a Physics test on Monday and a paper due on Thursday.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  12:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope to wipe the dust off of my copy once I finish up the rough draft of my research paper. Which reminds me, I gotta go buy a PS memory card, I lost my original. Damn.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  06:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe.....all this talk made go and play for a few hours. Now I feel much better. Alright, now I need to study for my physics test. Damn school.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  06:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OH MY GOD!!! ALL MY FRIENDS ARE NERDS!!!

HEHE, you guys are so funny!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  06:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god...this thread is starting to look like something off of a Dungeons & Dragons message board!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  06:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As I said before:
quote:
OH MY GOD!!! ALL MY FRIENDS ARE NERDS!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'm not a nerd...nerds are smart."

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe......good ole Milhouse.

"My mom says I'm the handsomest guy in school!"

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping for someone to catch it.

"Its lice...and its nothing to be ashamed of." *scratch scratch*

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2002 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not all nerds are smart, just ask pcbTIM. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000